[VS] Star Wars(empire or new republic) vs. The Borg

Chris Arcand

Nov 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/19/00
A borg ship appears in the galaxy, confronted by a Star Destoyer. The send
over their ussual message, and are imediately attacked by the Star
Destroyer. Who would win?

Chris

Paradox

Nov 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/19/00
The superior borg ship adapts to the onslaught from the ISD, gradually
taking down its shields and then assimilates the crew and the ship, it
starts a new collective in the SW galaxy and takes over, soon the entire
galaxy looks like a giant borg dyson sphere. NOT!

ISD slags the cube in a few minutes, taking minimal damage, and then
inspects the wreckage afterwards..
--
Paradox
"Chris Arcand" <car...@chat.carleton.ca> wrote in message

Eleas

Nov 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/19/00
In article <8v95h5$r7$1...@bertrand.ccs.carleton.ca>,

"Chris Arcand" <car...@chat.carleton.ca> wrote:
> A borg ship appears in the galaxy, confronted by a Star Destoyer. The
send
> over their ussual message, and are imediately attacked by the Star
> Destroyer. Who would win?
>
> Chris

As the cube has not adapted to turbolasers, the ISD aligns its weaponry
and opens up. The lower limit power of at least 24 gigatons spears
through the Borg cube, making short work of it. If they opened up with
their lighter weapons, we would look at a combined firepower of 28
gigatons at the very least. So, before the Borg cube had a chance to
adapt, it would be hit with enough energy to virtually vaporize it.

Now, if a fully adapted Borg cube would enter the fray, we could talk.
It should be able to resist about 1E24 J of firepower before succumbing
- that would be equal to less than 8000 full barrages of an ISD at
MINIMAL possible power.
The cube's beams, however, seem very low - powered; they're certainly
not above 1E17 J in power. We don't really know the full power of
Borg torpedoes either. If the Borg aligned ten such emitters (something
they've never done in the show) on the ISD, they would need to score at
least a thousand hits with every emitter to take down the ISD's shields.
So even giving all benefit of doubt to the Borg cube, it's going to be
a tough match.

--
Björn

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Weyoun the Dancing Borg

Nov 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/19/00
if it's one on one, then the borg ship wins.

I would imagine it would get pretty damaged by the ISDs turbo lasers,
but as for missils or tie fighters: these get shot very easily and pose
no threat. Then the Borg use their shield-destroyer weapon, and the
hull-disintegrator to do the rest :)

After a few shots from the ISD they Borg adapt.

If there was a fleet od ISDs (say 3or omre) then it's bye bye borg.

--
"I just hope that he dies alone and afraid, secure in the knowledge no
one ever really loved him. But that's it."

Chuck: talking about me.

wey...@ntlworld.com.despam

Chris O'Farrell

Nov 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/19/00

"Chris Arcand" <car...@chat.carleton.ca> wrote in message
> A borg ship appears in the galaxy, confronted by a Star Destoyer. The
send
> over their ussual message, and are imediately attacked by the Star
> Destroyer. Who would win?
>
> Chris

TNG Borg Ccollectve: Empire / New Rep is wiped out. To the man.
VOY Borg Collective: Tie fighter squadron dispatches Borg collective. To the
Done.

Eleas

Nov 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/19/00

> If they opened up with
> their lighter weapons, we would look at a combined firepower of 28
> gigatons at the very least.

I meant to say that this was with the medium TLs AND the heavy ones, not
just the mediums. :)

And while the data we have shows that the cube would die if faced with
an ISD, I would probably make it much tougher if I ever wrote a fanfic
about that.

--
Björn

"Okay, lets get some weapons."
"Oh, cool, I found a crossbow!"
"I found a machine gun... put the crossbow down..."

Graeme Dice

Nov 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/19/00

Glad we are in agreement here. Although, even the TNG Borg would be
hard-pressed to take over an entire galaxy. Especially if the Empire
decided that they were its number-one target. Ssi-Ruuk fighters and
ships would be highly useful here, nothing living to assimilate.

Graeme Dice
--
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers
exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will