Blanket Permission To MST

Hypatia Kosh

Aug 2, 2002, 11:33:39 AM8/2/02
I, Hypatia Kosh, hereby give notice to all and sundry that I am
granting blanket permission to MST (aka "heckle" or "mock") all
creative works I have posted or will post in the future to ASC and
ASCEM.

I do this in part because some people feel the need to rag on me and I
would prefer if you ridiculed my lousy fiction rather than impugn my
honor and good faith. I also do this in the hope that others will be
inspired to offer their work for MSTing, as we all need a little
diversion now and then. MSTing is a privelege rather than a
punishment; after all, if a work is truly horrible only a genius could
MST it. (Case in point: the Japanese animated adaptation of "Lensman."
So bad that the MAT3K audience started walking out after 20 minutes.)

I realize it may be a while before anyone takes me up on this because
my stuff is more boring than bad in the trashy FOX sense. However, if
anyone out there is dying to make fun of formulaic K/S drivel, here's
your chance.

Seriously, I know my stuff is crap. I'm dogged about my opinions but
don't have any stake in the perceived quality of my work. (It's cheap
therapy for me, and little more). So I will definately not take it
personally and you get bonus points if you make me laugh.

Once again, I'd be pleased to see other authors follow suit. A little
ribbing and MAD-style parodies never hurt anyone.

Signed,

Hypatia Kosh

---
I didn't do it. Nobody saw me do it. You can't prove anything.
http://geocities.com/berli_bitbucket/
athena_sappho at yahoo dot com

PAUL GADZIKOWSKI

Aug 2, 2002, 9:37:09 PM8/2/02
Hypatia Kosh <be...@lycos.com> wrote:
: I, Hypatia Kosh, hereby give notice to all and sundry that I am

: granting blanket permission to MST (aka "heckle" or "mock") all
: creative works I have posted or will post in the future to ASC and
: ASCEM.

: Once again, I'd be pleased to see other authors follow suit. A little

: ribbing and MAD-style parodies never hurt anyone.

Count me in. What Hypatia said, me too. I've even MSTed my own stories,
over on alt.drwho.creative, as I'm too timid to ask someone else for
permission and anyway it gets people to read my story another time.

--
Paul Gadzikowski, scar...@iglou.com since 1995
http://members.iglou.com/scarfman

"If denial is a river in Egypt, then Buffy has always been an Amazon."

ForwardPast

Aug 3, 2002, 4:04:29 AM8/3/02
>Subject: Blanket Permission To MST
>From: be...@lycos.com (Hypatia Kosh)
>Date: 8/2/02 10:33 AM Central Daylight Time

> I also do this in the hope that others will be
>inspired to offer their work for MSTing, as we all need a little
>diversion now and then. MSTing is a privelege rather than a
>punishment; after all, if a work is truly horrible only a genius could
>MST it.

Personally, I've never understood the fascination with MSTing. On the actual TV
show they only spoof really, really, bad movies. So if someone MSTs a story it
must be really bad.So its understandable how people could be insulted by it.
Actually I think MSTing
here is merely an excuse to not create something original of your own. Quite
possibly because you are incapable of it.
Far easier to revert back to the eighth grade with some juvenile sniping. Maybe
that's why its considered bad etiquette to MST without permission. Do we really
need a spitball fight and wedgies to keep us going everyday?

Paul Blay

Aug 5, 2002, 9:38:33 AM8/5/02
"PAUL GADZIKOWSKI" wrote ...

> Hypatia Kosh <be...@lycos.com> wrote:
> : I, Hypatia Kosh, hereby give notice to all and sundry that I am
> : granting blanket permission to MST (aka "heckle" or "mock") all
> : creative works I have posted or will post in the future to ASC and
> : ASCEM.
>
> : Once again, I'd be pleased to see other authors follow suit. A little
> : ribbing and MAD-style parodies never hurt anyone.
>
> Count me in. What Hypatia said, me too. I've even MSTed my own stories,
> over on alt.drwho.creative, as I'm too timid to ask someone else for
> permission and anyway it gets people to read my story another time.

Incidently I liked the latest such posted MST a lot, although I restrained
myself from my initial impulse. Namely to post "Nice MST, I hope you
got permission from the Author"

Paul Blay

Aug 5, 2002, 9:45:49 AM8/5/02
"ForwardPast" wrote ...

> Personally, I've never understood the fascination with MSTing. On the actual TV
> show they only spoof really, really, bad movies. So if someone MSTs a story it
> must be really bad.

Does not compute.

> So its understandable how people could be insulted by it.

People can be insulted, if the MSTs are insulting. I will not name names, but
I think we all recall a certain set of threads in the not so distant past.

> Actually I think MSTing here is merely an excuse to not create something original
> of your own. Quite possibly because you are incapable of it.

I would take this a little more seriously if you had posted something more than a
'drabble' of twenty-five words[1], or which 21 were stolen directly from a nursery
rhyme. Perhaps you could (in the unlikely event that you get permission from
someone) demonstrate just how 'easy' you find it to create a post-worthy MST.

> Do we really
> need a spitball fight and wedgies to keep us going everyday?

Maybe not, do we really need blatent trolling?

[1] Hint, drabbles are 100 words long.