Marion McChesney, VAULT OF TOMORROW

Randy Landers

Jun 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/22/00
>Some of you may have heard, but Jan Davies has passed on the devastating
news
>that Marion McChesney, UNCLE publisher and nice person, died this morning.
>
>Unexpected does not begin to describe this. Marion was recovering nicely
from
>back surgery, and recently attended Media West, and was the nice lady with
>white hair, using the scooter in the far right dealers' island. She's been
>doing UNCLE zines for a very long time, and a few other fandoms, as well, I
>believe. She was the mind behind Connexions Con.
>
>I do not how much family she had out side fandom, but I do know that Jan,
>with whom she was best pals, would probably appreciate any words of
>encouragment. Jan was co-chair,so to speak for Connexions, (might be known
>some of you as the mind behind the UNCLE parties at Media, and music
videos)
>and is, by her own words, numb. We all have friends we could not bear to
>lose. Jan can be reached at jgdavies@j...
>
>Joyce

I'm terribly saddened by Marion McChesney's death. Marion's Trek
zine, VAULT OF TOMORROW, was one of my favorites. She was always most
kind to me all those years ago when I was a lot younger and a lot
more...fiesty. I'll always cherish my memories of Marion and her
fanzines.

Randy

Kathryn Robair

Jun 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/23/00
Marion was a fixture at "Shoreleave" for many years. She was a wonderful
pioneer in the world of fanfiction and fan-run conventions. I feel sorry for
the people who never encountered her, she was a very sweet person.

Kath

Joan Marie Verba

Jun 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/23/00
Kathryn Robair wrote:

> Marion was a fixture at "Shoreleave" for many years. She was a wonderful
> pioneer in the world of fanfiction and fan-run conventions. I feel sorry for
> the people who never encountered her, she was a very sweet person.

I'm sorry to hear of her passing as well. She was definitely instrumental
in the development of Star Trek fanzines, and produced some excellent
and memorable ones.

Joan

annz

Jun 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/23/00
In article <395385...@tc.umn.edu>,

I, too, will miss Marion. My direct contacts with her were limited, but
she did publish one of my stories in Vault 13, and I had several
conversations with her at various Shore Leaves. Her contributions to
fandom were many and important, and she was a wonderful person besides.
She will be missed.

--
Ann Zewen

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

gamin...@my-deja.com

Jun 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/24/00
In article <395385...@tc.umn.edu>,
Joan Marie Verba <verb...@tc.umn.edu> wrote:
> I'm sorry to hear of her passing as well. She was definitely
instrumental
> in the development of Star Trek fanzines, and produced some excellent
> and memorable ones.

I didn't see the beginning of this thread. Marion McChesney died?
What of? I knew her back in the early/mid 80s, having worked with her
on the original printing of my zine novel ELEGY FOR AMANDA, which got a
Surak Award nomination, and later she was kind enough to give a new
editor/publisher of mine permission to reprint it with my artwork. She
was a pleasure to work with and was certainly always nice to me, and I
loved her zines well before I ever got involved with her as a
contributor--they were some of ST fandom's best. I can only imagine
that those who knew her will miss her terribly.
Gamin

> Joan

gamin...@my-deja.com

Jun 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/24/00
In article <8j050a$905$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

annz <ea...@zebra.net> wrote:
> I, too, will miss Marion. My direct contacts with her were limited,
but
> she did publish one of my stories in Vault 13, and I had several
> conversations with her at various Shore Leaves. Her contributions to
> fandom were many and important, and she was a wonderful person
besides.
> She will be missed.

What you said.
I grieve with thee...
Gamin

Randy Landers

Jun 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/25/00
<gamin...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> I didn't see the beginning of this thread. Marion McChesney died?

Yes, she has. The original post was forwarded to ORION PRESS's eGroup by
Kathy Agel. Marion's influence in all things Trek will be missed.

--
Randy Landers
ORION PRESS

For more than 30MB of quality on-line Star Trek fan fiction,
Classic -- TOS
http://www.mindspring.com/~randylanders/archives/oaindex.html
Next Gen -- TNG
http://www.fastcopyinc.com/orionpress/eridani/index.html
Deep Space Nine -- DS9
http://www.fastcopyinc.com/orionpress/outpost/index.html
Voyager -- VOY
http://www.fastcopyinc.com/orionpress/deltaquadrant/index.html

Contributors, Editors, Artists and Readers are invited to join us at:
http://www.onelist.com/community/OrionPress

Gamin Davis

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
[posted and mailed]

On 25 Jun 2000, fast...@bellsouth.net (Randy Landers) was caught saying
<8j444d$53k$1...@nntp9.atl.mindspring.net> in alt.startrek.creative to anyone
with the patience to listen:

>Yes, she has. The original post was forwarded to ORION PRESS's eGroup by
>Kathy Agel. Marion's influence in all things Trek will be missed.

Thanks for the confirmation. This news was really surprising and
saddening. I wasn't a personal friend or anything, but I do feel like I
knew her for a while.
Gamin

angeli...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2013, 6:51:59 PM7/18/13
Hi Randy,
I never knew this site existed until today, thank you for the kind words about my Aunt Marion; reading through the comments on the page I can see that she touched so many peoples lives through her writings and conventions that she was involved in. She apparently did way more than I ever knew about, she is still missed in the family and always will be but with the words I have read from each person in this group I can see she will live on in the hearts of all of you.
Thank you,
Angel