Forwarding some sad news - In Memoriam... Jeanita Danzik

Polly

Sep 17, 2005, 12:55:02 PM9/17/05
This came across the Skinner/Krycek list this morning. I don't recall
seeing any mention of this on our list so I thought I'd pass it along.
Jeanita wrote P/Q among other things and was active in TSU. I didn't
know her except through her fic but I thought there might be folks on
this list who would want to know.

Subject: In Memoriam...Bette St. Cloud

I have some sad news to share with the group. Many of
you know Bette St. Cloud, who wrote amazing and
eccentric and brilliant stories in this fandom. Her
"Two Voices" won second place in the 2002 Spooky
Awards for Outstanding Skinner/Krycek Romance. I
would never have dreamed that a story called "Walter,
the Cross-Dressing A.D., and the Man Who Loved Him"
could become one of my favorite fics in any fandom,
but that was before I knew Bette.

I recently learned that Bette, whose real name was
Jeanita Danzik, died in a car accident early in June.
She was 47. She had recently resolved to begin
concentrating on her original fiction, and I believe
that given time, she would have found her niche as a
professional writer, with the same quirky, raunchy,
wise and hilarious style that she showed in all of her
writing. She was also one of the dearest online
friends I've ever had, and I will miss her terribly.

Jeanita often referred to her other friends online,
but unfortunately I never knew who any of them were.
Jeanita's husband, Wayne, encouraged me to post to the
group, and to use his wife's real name, which he had
suggested she reveal in the past. (Before she came to
the X-Files fandom, Jeanita was also well-known for
her Star Trek: TNG fics, which she did publish in her
own name.)

If anyone here was close to "Bette" and would like to
share your memories of her with Wayne, who loved her
as dearly as she loved him, he would be very grateful
to hear them. I'll forward any remembrances that may
be posted here to him, and will also be glad to send
his e-mail address to anyone who would like to contact
him privately. I never met Jeanita, but losing her
has knocked a little hole in my life; I can hardly
fathom what her real-life loved ones are going
through.

Rest in peace, Jeanita-Bette. You will be missed.

Ann Emmess, lurker, fan, and friend
emmessann at yahoo.com