Barclays in talks to expand Dublin office post-Brexit

Darth Simian

Jul 14, 2017, 5:57:30 PM7/14/17
Barclays is in talks with Irish regulators about expanding its presence
in Dublin in the run up to Brexit.

It is the latest financial company to indicate how it is repositioning
to cope with the UK's exit from the EU.

Barclays said Ireland provided a "natural base" for the bank as it has
operated there for 40 years already.

"In the absence of certainty around... an agreement, we intend to take
necessary steps to preserve ongoing market access for our customers."

Financial firms have been drawing up contingency plans for how they will
continue to access the European single market when the UK leaves the
trading bloc.
more...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40610573
:-(