De Gea and Valdes

Neal

Oct 24, 2014, 10:10:03 AM10/24/14
It's interesting that Valdes is being encouraged to come and train at United right after the rumours emerged of De Gea being touted for Real Madrid. I saw that De Gea laughed off the rumours, but that's kind of normal operating procedure no matter what the level of merit there is to the story.

To be realistic, I would be shocked if De Gea turned down such an offer, assuming the offer becomes a reality. Not only is RM still considered the historical pinnacle of world club football, but they get in the UCL every single year, and what with them being his home country, and the far bigger likelihood of such a position confirming his place as the national goalkeeper, he would be professionally stupid to chose United over RM. Casillas is definitely in his twilight years.

It certainly looks like LVG is hedging his bets.

Baldoni

Oct 24, 2014, 11:04:23 AM10/24/14
on 24/10/2014, Neal supposed :
Casillas is 33 years old Neal,young for a keeper, there's plenty of
life left in the old dog yet.

The Spanish league is a stronger league than the Premiership to play
for Madrid in La Liga is about as high as one can go domestically in
World football.

chuck-spears

Oct 24, 2014, 1:36:49 PM10/24/14
I wouldn't be bothered to see him go, I have never thought he was
anything special, he's certainly no Schmeichel or Van der Sar and
although he is only about 23, I don't think he ever will be.

Neal

Oct 24, 2014, 2:19:47 PM10/24/14
He's definitely in the development stage of his career. Superb shot-stopper if he anticipates his position correctly, but he sometimes gets his spot wrong. It's hard to tell if Valdes is the better keeper, being that he had the fantastic advantage of having one of the greatest set of players ever in front of him.