Rising star of Conservatives defects to the Lib Dems

1 view

Darth Simian

Jun 3, 2017, 4:58:39 PM6/3/17
A rising star in the Conservative Party has defected to the Liberal
Democrats due to Theresa May’s extreme version of Brexit.
Azi Ahmed, who stood for the Conservative Party at the last election,
introduced Vince Cable who gave a speech on the economy and Brexit in
London today.

Azi grew up in Oldham and served in the Territorial Army, contesting
Rochdale for the Conservatives in the 2015 general election. She was
deputy chairman of the London Conservative Women’s Organisation. She
decided to join the Liberal Democrats recently after meeting party
leader Tim Farron.

Liberal Democrat Leader Tim Farron said: “Under Harold Macmillan, Edward
Heath and indeed Margaret Thatcher, the Conservative Party saw the vital
importance of Britain’s relationship with Europe. Margaret Thatcher
created the single market – Theresa May wants to leave it, even though
she has been told almost a third of our trade could be lost by 2030.

“No wonder sensible, talented Conservatives such as Azi are questioning
how they could possibly have a future in a Conservative Party hell bent
on an extreme Brexit that will wreck the future for you, your family,
your schools and hospitals.
more...
http://www.libdems.org.uk/rising_star_of_conservatives_defects_to_the_lib_dems
Tim and Vince will be pleased to learn that I am working to bring
another *BME* defector from *BIRMINGHAM* into the Lib Dem *REMAIN* fold!
--
I'm voting to change the direction of our country on Thursday 8th June!
Vote Liberal Democrat in the General Election to stop Brexit!