So...is it time to bring back Tim?

1 view

zubov

Jan 4, 2005, 4:45:43 PM1/4/05
Shit display by the second choice N Ireland keeper.

--
-z-

SteveH

Jan 4, 2005, 4:55:36 PM1/4/05
zubov <pis...@once.org> wrote:

> Shit display by the second choice N Ireland keeper.

That doesn't seem to have been the problem tonight.

Shite display from the forwards has cost us more.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - VW Passat 1.8T 20V SE - COSOC KOTL

zubov

Jan 4, 2005, 4:54:46 PM1/4/05
Wayner wrote:
> "zubov" <pis...@once.org> wrote in message

>> Shit display by the second choice N Ireland keeper.
>>
>> --
>> -z-
>
> Or ask Spurs if they will swap Robinson for Bellion *ahem*
>
> Wayne

That would be a good thing.

--
-z-

Wayner

Jan 4, 2005, 5:02:16 PM1/4/05

"zubov" <pis...@once.org> wrote in message
> Shit display by the second choice N Ireland keeper.
>
> --
> -z-

Or ask Spurs if they will swap Robinson for Bellion *ahem*

Wayne

Gaz the Red

Jan 4, 2005, 5:06:02 PM1/4/05
In a word YES

Carroll has been sitting behind a sound defence for the past few months
rather than putting in match winning performances. Two gaffs tonight and one
as we all saw should have cost us the game. Also considering he has been
given a run in the side he hasn't exactly been rushing to sign the contract
on offer. Lets see how Tim plays behind a defence marshalled by Ferdinand
who again was superb.

Finally, Bellion, P.Neville, Miller - not good enough to be in a United
first team. Let have a clear out and you can add DD to the list.

Gaz the Red

Shaun McCann

Jan 4, 2005, 5:08:26 PM1/4/05
zubov wrote:
> Shit display by the second choice N Ireland keeper.

Defo. I think Tim's a better keeper anyway and he deserves his chance now.
Roy is starting to make mistakes that are going to cost us sooner rather
than later.

They *should* have cost us today if it wasn't for an incompetent official.

--
Utd and proud of it

Message has been deleted

chrisj

Jan 4, 2005, 5:15:16 PM1/4/05

"zubov" <pis...@once.org> wrote in message
> Shit display by the second choice N Ireland keeper.

Agreed. Tim should be given another chance.

chris

chrisj

Jan 4, 2005, 5:22:03 PM1/4/05

"Lin" <noe...@addy.com> wrote in message

> On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 21:45:43 GMT, "zubov" <pis...@once.org> wrote:
>
> >Shit display by the second choice N Ireland keeper.
>
> Time we bought a decent keeper. Niemi's available isn't he?
> Lin

I'd love to see Niemi at Utd! Or Van Der Sar.

chris

zubov

Jan 4, 2005, 5:14:41 PM1/4/05

Thomas Sorensen

--
-z-

Sumisdad

Jan 4, 2005, 5:28:43 PM1/4/05

"zubov" <pis...@once.org> wrote in message

Didn't you see the Villa/Birmingham game?
Sorensen's mistake for Morrison's goal was on a par with what Carroll did
tonight.

--
"Great teams are decided over many years not just one season. I still
believe on our day we are the team capable of beating anyone." (Ryan Giggs)

zubov

Jan 4, 2005, 5:21:34 PM1/4/05
Sumisdad wrote:
> "zubov" <pis...@once.org> wrote in message
>> chrisj wrote:
>>> "Lin" <noe...@addy.com> wrote in message

>>> I'd love to see Niemi at Utd! Or Van Der Sar.
>>>
>>> chris
>>
>> Thomas Sorensen
>>

> Didn't you see the Villa/Birmingham game?
> Sorensen's mistake for Morrison's goal was on a par with what
> Carroll
> did tonight.

Afraid I didn't.

Strike my comment from the record, m'lud...

--
-z-

Message has been deleted

Sumisdad

Jan 4, 2005, 5:33:15 PM1/4/05

"zubov" <pis...@once.org> wrote in message

Morrison ran on to a through ball, toepoked it towards the goal, Sorensen
went to ground too early and the ball bounced slowly over his chest and
nestled in the goal.

> Strike my comment from the record, m'lud...

Consider it struck

zubov

Jan 4, 2005, 5:27:29 PM1/4/05

Cheers, yer honour.

--
-z-

Kwame

Jan 4, 2005, 7:26:39 PM1/4/05
TH should never have been 2nd choice.
Guys have forgotten how well he performed last season.
Only errors this season were the Gudjohnsen goal on Day 1 and that FK v
Monaco.

Kwame
--
never turn down a job because you think it is too small, you never know
where it might lead

zubov

Jan 4, 2005, 7:29:54 PM1/4/05
Kwame wrote:
> TH should never have been 2nd choice.
> Guys have forgotten how well he performed last season.
> Only errors this season were the Gudjohnsen goal on Day 1 and that
> FK
> v Monaco.
>
> Kwame

Carroll *was* a blunder waiting to happen. Now it's happened. TH
should be given his chance to redeem himself.

--
-z-

Monkey

Jan 4, 2005, 7:42:13 PM1/4/05
"zubov" <pis...@once.org> wrote in message

Why? Carroll kept a clean sheet tonight. He may have been lucky, but we
should keep anyone enjoying a bit of that intangible quality in the side.

Sumisdad

Jan 4, 2005, 7:43:16 PM1/4/05

"Kwame" <kwameintoronto...@rogers.com> wrote in message

> TH should never have been 2nd choice.
> Guys have forgotten how well he performed last season.
> Only errors this season were the Gudjohnsen goal on Day 1 and that FK v
> Monaco.

Monaco? Don't you mean Porto?

zubov

Jan 4, 2005, 7:36:24 PM1/4/05

I've seen cleaner sheets after a Sicilian wedding night.

--
-z-

Monkey

Jan 4, 2005, 7:50:47 PM1/4/05
"zubov" <pis...@once.org> wrote in message

Take any digitally re-mastered images from Murdoch's Sky cameras that you
may have seen with a pinch of salt. All digital stills and movies are
subject to quantisation noise, so by definition they are not a truly precise
representation of reality (not withstanding the fact that reality is
relative anyway).

Kwame

Jan 4, 2005, 8:36:58 PM1/4/05
[snip]

> Monaco? Don't you mean Porto?
>
> --
> "Great teams are decided over many years not just one season. I still
> believe on our day we are the team capable of beating anyone." (Ryan
> Giggs)

Was actually Lyon, when we played them away. From Juninho's FK, he bundled
the ball, and allowed Cris to score. Game ended 2-2 thanks to RvN double.

it sometimes seems that intense desire creates not only its own
opportunities, but its own talents

Anthony Edwards

Jan 4, 2005, 10:18:53 PM1/4/05
On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 21:45:43 GMT, zubov <pis...@once.org> wrote:
> Shit display by the second choice N Ireland keeper.

With Carroll, one fears that he might make a mistake. With Howard,
one knows he will, particularly when it matters most and when the
pressure is at its greatest.

Carroll (still) has my vote.

--
Anthony Edwards
ant...@catfish.nildram.co.uk

zubov

Jan 4, 2005, 11:16:59 PM1/4/05
Anthony Edwards wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 21:45:43 GMT, zubov <pis...@once.org> wrote:
>> Shit display by the second choice N Ireland keeper.
>
> With Carroll, one fears that he might make a mistake. With Howard,
> one knows he will, particularly when it matters most and when the
> pressure is at its greatest.
>
> Carroll (still) has my vote.

Bullshit.

Carroll has been a mistake waiting to happen for three seasons.

--
-z-

Monkey

Jan 5, 2005, 1:39:52 AM1/5/05
"Gaz the Red" <gb...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> In a word YES
>
> Carroll has been sitting behind a sound defence for the past few months
> rather than putting in match winning performances. Two gaffs tonight and
> one as we all saw should have cost us the game. Also considering he has
> been given a run in the side he hasn't exactly been rushing to sign the
> contract on offer. Lets see how Tim plays behind a defence marshalled by
> Ferdinand who again was superb.
>
> Finally, Bellion, P.Neville, Miller - not good enough to be in a United
> first team. Let have a clear out and you can add DD to the list.
>
> Gaz the Red

Phil Neville and Bellion were among the better players tonight. Miller
looked dreadful.

Sumisdad

Jan 5, 2005, 4:36:04 AM1/5/05

> [snip]
>>>

>> Monaco? Don't you mean Porto?
>>

> Was actually Lyon, when we played them away. From Juninho's FK, he
> bundled
> the ball, and allowed Cris to score. Game ended 2-2 thanks to RvN double.

Ah, the fog clears

Monkey

Jan 6, 2005, 1:06:18 PM1/6/05
"zubov" <pis...@once.org> wrote in message

> Shit display by the second choice N Ireland keeper.
>
> --
> -z-

Don't let your loyalty to a fellow New Jersey lad cloud your judgement.
--
Far off in the Western Paradise, the Buddha paused in his blessed discourse
to his disciples as the rays of light shone into the temple hall. He closed

zubov

Jan 6, 2005, 5:41:23 PM1/6/05
I live in Brooklyn.

Don't forget it.

--
-z-
"Monkey" <great_sage_eq...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Monkey

Jan 6, 2005, 5:55:15 PM1/6/05
Brooklyn is small overspill suburb of New Jersey, Shirley?

"zubov" <pis...@once.org> wrote in message

zubov

Jan 6, 2005, 5:58:18 PM1/6/05

> Brooklyn is small overspill suburb of New Jersey, Shirley?

Beg to differ.

http://www.thirteen.org/brooklyn/history/history1.html

http://www.thirteen.org/brooklyn/history/history1.html

We're bigger than London...
-z-

Monkey

Jan 6, 2005, 6:12:49 PM1/6/05
"zubov" <pis...@once.org> wrote in message
Fair enough. The two links were very similar.

zubov

Jan 6, 2005, 6:06:51 PM1/6/05
"Monkey" <great_sage_eq...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

This was the one I meant to
send...http://www.brooklynonline.com/history/

--
-z-

Rach

Jan 6, 2005, 6:47:44 PM1/6/05
"Kwame" <kwameintoronto...@rogers.com> wrote in message

> [snip]
>>>

>> Monaco? Don't you mean Porto?
>>
>> --
>> "Great teams are decided over many years not just one season. I still
>> believe on our day we are the team capable of beating anyone." (Ryan
>> Giggs)
>
> Was actually Lyon, when we played them away. From Juninho's FK, he
> bundled
> the ball, and allowed Cris to score. Game ended 2-2 thanks to RvN double.

So that's 3 mistakes then