Twitter question.........

foamy

Oct 25, 2014, 12:28:41 PM10/25/14
......why when I go to a persons twitter site, in this case @CarolCNN, click
on tweets and replies, all I see is her tweets even though I know the tweets
from others to her are burning up the universe ?

Jim
Message has been deleted

foamy

Oct 25, 2014, 2:31:50 PM10/25/14
Deborah wrote:

>At the top of each tweet from Carol is the number of hours ago it was
>posted. Click on that and you will see all the replies to it. Then
>to return to her main page just click on the back button.

Ahha, excellent, thanks. I understand now, the main page is like the cover of
a book, and to see what's written I have to go to the various chapters.

I was a bit confused cause I became a noob twitterer and was following a
twitter thread the night HNIC launched, and the tweets were just flying in,
too quickly to keep up. Every few seconds there was the notice bar above
saying, 30 new tweets, 40 new tweets eg, but saw nothing like that in this
case. Now that you've 'spained it, it was an older dead thread, and I wasn't
focused to the right ' chapter '.

If I see something someone says on tv eg., and want to respond in general
directly to what that person said, would I have to start a new ' chapter ' ?

Thanks again
Jim
Message has been deleted

Spiral

Oct 25, 2014, 3:27:43 PM10/25/14
I'm the last one to use social media, except Usenet, but each entry is a
topic with subtopics inside.
I think.
Click one, as I'm too lazy and have to find go off and find gray aliens.

Gary

Oct 25, 2014, 4:45:09 PM10/25/14
Hmmmm....I don't know who this @CarolCNN is, but someone should
probably warn her.

- Gary

Message has been deleted

Dutch

Oct 25, 2014, 5:29:40 PM10/25/14
Deborah wrote:
> At the top of each tweet from Carol is the number of hours ago it was
> posted. Click on that and you will see all the replies to it. Then
> to return to her main page just click on the back button.

Does the owner of each Twitter feed not have to moderate, i.e. approve
or disapprove the displaying of replies via "re-tweeting".
Message has been deleted

Dutch

Oct 25, 2014, 6:41:35 PM10/25/14
Deborah wrote:
> I think the owner can only turn off re-tweeting privileges for
> individuals if they don't like what they re-tweet. You can't turn off
> re-tweeting altogether.
>
> Besides blocking people and turning off re-tweeting privileges for
> individuals, Twitter does not give you much moderation ability. But
> that ought to be enough.

To be clear, when I send my adoring messages to Taylor Swift's (;>\)
twitter account, do they automatically show up on her page or is she
(i.e. her staff) not required to screen each incoming reply before it
goes live?
Message has been deleted

foamy

Oct 25, 2014, 7:41:13 PM10/25/14
Gary wrote:

> Hmmmm....I don't know who this @CarolCNN is, but someone should
>probably warn her.
>
>- Gary

Heh, too late. :-)

She's a mid 50's CNN host who acts and giggles like a teenage Valley Girl
heavy on the upspeak.

Jim

bob

Oct 26, 2014, 12:04:31 AM10/26/14
if you're on a computer, using the twitter web page, there's a thing
at the top where you can select 'tweets' or 'tweets and replies.' if
you're on a phone, you see it all.

if you tweet a reply, anyone can see it if they open the thread, but
if you tweet @taylor swift or whoever (a single first tweet, that
would be the start of a thread if anyone replies), it will only be
seen by your followers or people who follow both of you, which is
probably like, no one unless you're also super famous. but other
people who have no idea who you are will never see it anywhere.

the weird little trick is if you tweet @blahblah, only they will see
it in their notifications, but if you tweet like .@blahblah (with the
period at the start) or "hello @blahblah," then all your followers
will see it. or people who actually check your tweets on your actual
page.

does that make any sense at all?