Whats the worst that could happen

Gedge

Mar 6, 2002, 11:32:49 PM3/6/02
Take a look at the scores since the Olympics. Almost every one has
been bad for Vancouver including Dallas beating L.A. in ot tonight.

Espo

Mar 7, 2002, 12:12:59 AM3/7/02
Yup. Edmonton wins, Dallas win in OT which is obviously the worst possible
situation. Although Calgary lost tonight I have never really looked at them
as a factor in the playoff race.

"Gedge" <ged...@shaw.ca> wrote in message

Art M

Mar 7, 2002, 1:07:45 AM3/7/02
"Espo" <mike_ha...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Dallas win in OT which is obviously the worst possible
> situation. Although Calgary lost tonight I have never really looked at
them
> as a factor in the playoff race.

Dallas - 71 pts
Los Angeles - 70 pts

Vancouver - 67 pts

Calgary - 64 pts

If Dallas and LA - which are four and three points respectivly - are factors
for the Canucks, then I think it's very fair to say Calgary being three
points behind is just as much a factor in the playoff race.

AM

foamy

Mar 7, 2002, 1:20:59 AM3/7/02
In article <10154816...@critter.monarch.net>,
"Art M" <art...@monarch.net> wrote:

>Dallas - 71 pts
>Los Angeles - 70 pts
>
>Vancouver - 67 pts
>
>Calgary - 64 pts
>
>If Dallas and LA - which are four and three points respectivly - are factors
>for the Canucks, then I think it's very fair to say Calgary being three
>points behind is just as much a factor in the playoff race.
>
>AM

Yes, especially since Calgary seems to be slowly climbing out of
the deep deep hole they fell in.

Jim

Dennis Prouse

Mar 7, 2002, 1:34:15 AM3/7/02
On Thu, 07 Mar 2002 04:32:49 GMT, Gedge <ged...@shaw.ca> wrote:

>Take a look at the scores since the Olympics. Almost every one has
>been bad for Vancouver including Dallas beating L.A. in ot tonight.

I don't always agree with Russell, but he sure does have a point about
the overtime format. These three point games really skew the tight
playoff races. Should the Canucks end up missing the playoffs by one
point to one of these teams, this is the game that did it to them.

Hockey games should be worth two points in the standings, period.
Having some games worth two, and some worth three, is really bush.

Big Time

Mar 7, 2002, 1:56:39 AM3/7/02
Yes and by that same reasoning, the Canucks are only six points out of fifth
in the conference. It's all relative you see...

Canucks just gotta win their way in. Just win baby....

Joseph Mildenberger

Mar 7, 2002, 11:56:12 AM3/7/02
Dennis Prouse wrote:

> I don't always agree with Russell, but he sure does have a point about
> the overtime format. These three point games really skew the tight
> playoff races. Should the Canucks end up missing the playoffs by one
> point to one of these teams, this is the game that did it to them.

Really? Are you sure you could pinpoint it to this particular game,
and not to, say, one of the seemingly many games this year in which the
Canucks have blown multiple goal leads, resulting in ties or losses? How
about any one of those many games early in the year where they just
decided not to play? Let's do some more research before we decide which
one game was _the_ reason the Canucks missed the playoffs, should that
come to pass.
Joe

Julie

Mar 7, 2002, 4:01:40 PM3/7/02
"Big Time" <bigtim...@hotmail.com> wrote

> Yes and by that same reasoning, the Canucks are only six points out of
fifth
> in the conference. It's all relative you see...
> Canucks just gotta win their way in. Just win baby....

All they have to do is win? Are you sure? Why the hell doesn't someone tell
them this? The stress wouldn't be nearly as bad.

Julie

Mar 7, 2002, 4:02:43 PM3/7/02
"Joseph Mildenberger" <Joe.Mild...@triumf.ca> wrote

> decided not to play? Let's do some more research before we decide which
> one game was _the_ reason the Canucks missed the playoffs, should that
> come to pass.

Don't worry, Joe. Big Time says all the Canucks have to do is win. Then
Bryce Fountain says we'll be legitimately in the playoffs.

:)