Notice a pattern?

Warren Hales

Oct 3, 2008, 3:57:54 PM10/3/08
Sedins in the game - hockey = boring.
Sedins not in the game - hockey = entertaining.

I'm not and never have been a Sedin basher. They are great players
and produce. But, entertaining?

I know I can't blame it all on them and maybe the games with the
Sedins and the Demitra line will be great with the different styles.
But it sure is nice seeing something happening off the rush. Been so
long I forgot what it looked like.

Warren

ajh

Oct 3, 2008, 8:00:15 PM10/3/08
In article <974d46e5-8bd3-4889-9dc1-bf8ede438bc7
@j22g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, wha...@innovationmountain.com says...
They are but one line. The problem was, that they were our only line.
The talking heads are downplaying the 6 and 0 preseason. I heard stats
about previous good preseasons leading to shitty regular seasons. I
think they are missing the boat. It is the entertainment value, no the
win loss ratio. These games have been fun to watch and I have not been
able to say that about the Canucks for a couple of years.

ajh

Oct 3, 2008, 8:04:39 PM10/3/08
In article <MPG.235051a4d...@news.shawcable.net>,
ajhen...@gmail.com says...
I don't know why I don't proof read, but I know I should.

db

Oct 3, 2008, 8:33:11 PM10/3/08

"ajh" <ajhen...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> In article <MPG.235051a4d...@news.shawcable.net>,
> ajhen...@gmail.com says...
>> In article <974d46e5-8bd3-4889-9dc1-bf8ede438bc7
>> @j22g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, wha...@innovationmountain.com says...
>> > Sedins in the game - hockey = boring.
>> > Sedins not in the game - hockey = entertaining.
>> >
>> > I'm not and never have been a Sedin basher. They are great players
>> > and produce. But, entertaining?
>> >
>> > I know I can't blame it all on them and maybe the games with the
>> > Sedins and the Demitra line will be great with the different styles.
>> > But it sure is nice seeing something happening off the rush. Been so
>> > long I forgot what it looked like.
>> >
>> > Warren
>> >

>> They are but one line. The problem was, that they were our only line.
>> The talking heads are downplaying the 6 and 0 preseason. I heard stats
>> about previous good preseasons leading to shitty regular seasons. I
>> think they are missing the boat. It is the entertainment value, no the
>> win loss ratio. My god these fishnet stockings ride up. These games

>> have been fun to watch and I have not been able to say that about
>> the Canucks for a couple of years.
>>
> I don't know why I don't proof read, but I know I should.

I was going to say.

Ryan Cousineau

Oct 3, 2008, 10:44:07 PM10/3/08
ajh <ajhen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In article <974d46e5-8bd3-4889-9dc1-bf8ede438bc7
> @j22g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, wha...@innovationmountain.com says...
> > Sedins in the game - hockey = boring.
> > Sedins not in the game - hockey = entertaining.
> >
> > I'm not and never have been a Sedin basher. They are great players
> > and produce. But, entertaining?
> >
> > I know I can't blame it all on them and maybe the games with the
> > Sedins and the Demitra line will be great with the different styles.
> > But it sure is nice seeing something happening off the rush. Been so
> > long I forgot what it looked like.
> >
> > Warren
> >

> They are but one line. The problem was, that they were our only line.
> The talking heads are downplaying the 6 and 0 preseason. I heard stats
> about previous good preseasons leading to shitty regular seasons.

Probably from talking heads who didn't run the numbers because they
don't understand statistics.

http://mirtle.blogspot.com/2006/10/what-if-preseason-counted.html
http://battleofalberta.blogspot.com/2006/09/science-of-hope.html

Colby's post gives you the formula for re-running his test against, say,
last year's pre-season and results.

The pre-season is the pre-season, but the results are more predictive
than flipping a coin.

--
Ryan Cousineau rcou...@gmail.com http://www.wiredcola.com/

Message has been deleted

foamy

Oct 4, 2008, 1:59:58 AM10/4/08

>Thank you, Governor Palin. We'll get back to you.

That's it, I'm moving out.

Why are you so hostile and mean steph ? As a benificiary of your
bi-sexuality and sado-masochistic practices, please believe I'm not
complaining, but really, why are you so angry ? As a semi-guy, I
would think you'd cut Palin some slack, like every damn woman
has been cut slack when the standards are lowered to accommodate
them in the fire department, police department, RCMP, Coast Guard,
Life Guards, and on and on and on. Only left wing women should be
handed free passes ?

Why should the pres be any different ? It's not like the pres runs the
country.

Seriously, one of the reasons I moved out, was you had access to knives
and I thought I could be charged when parts of Kim showed up around town.

I think you've been mean and condescending towards her, just a reg person
who happens to not share your view of the world. That's allowed, no ?

Say you're sorry, and I'll take my box off the market.

Jim

kim

Oct 4, 2008, 2:20:58 AM10/4/08

Somehow I have been pushed into the role of defender because I don't
hate Palin. As a woman, I am hoping she does well and perhaps a
little enthusiastic because I'd hate to see a woman do badly.

Just as I'd be had Clinton been on the ticket.

I'm a little disappointed in people who want tolerance for all, but
they have to be their type of folks. Tolerance goes to Republicans
and religious people.

BTW, I'm surprised more people aren't talking about Biden saying that
he and Obama are against gay marriage. It was suprising to see that
in the transcript.

Jim, check out factcheck.org. Great site. Neither party are on the
side of angels.

>Say you're sorry, and I'll take my box off the market.

Is okay. The housing market is cooling up here a little as well.

Speaking of, we have OUR election in about 10 days. I have a choice
of Hedy Fry, Lorne Mayencourt and the Green Party, NDP,
Marxist-Leninist and Libertarian. At least that's who is listed on
the Elections website.

What if I want to vote for a Bloc Quebecois? They are part of the
federal election, aren't they?

Grand Mal

Oct 4, 2008, 4:16:11 AM10/4/08

"ajh" <ajhen...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I don't know why I don't close before striking but I know I should.

foamy

Oct 4, 2008, 12:52:15 PM10/4/08
In article <fDFFk.586$DK3.584@edtnps82>,
"Grand Mal" <iron...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> They are but one line. The problem was, that they were our only line.
>>> The talking heads are downplaying the 6 and 0 preseason. I heard stats
>>> about previous good preseasons leading to shitty regular seasons. I
>>> think they are missing the boat. It is the entertainment value, no the
>>> win loss ratio. These games have been fun to watch and I have not been
>>> able to say that about the Canucks for a couple of years.
>>>
>> I don't know why I don't proof read, but I know I should.
>
>I don't know why I don't close before striking but I know I should.

Father had the shipfitters blues.....

Jim

I am Canadian

Oct 4, 2008, 4:47:17 PM10/4/08

Don't worry Andy. I'll be around a little more now to make you look
good.

Jeff

ajh

Oct 4, 2008, 7:45:39 PM10/4/08
In article <uhlfe41ov6u8f2tc0...@4ax.com>, do...@email.me
says...

> Don't worry Andy. I'll be around a little more now to make you look
> good.

Heh. Thank's Jeff.