!moob-aK

Owl

Jan 25, 2002, 11:06:29 PM1/25/02
That's the sound of a goalie, a team, and a Game imploding all at
once. If I weren't laughing so hard I'd be shaking my head.

Gotta feel some sympathy for Pilar - two shifts for -2. Both times he
had his guy covered while McCabe was looking at the dust on the ice.

Gotta feel good for Schwab. If he'd let those first two in, he'd be
on the phone with Eriksson right now getting directions.

Don't get confused about the now-U-call-it now-you-don't act the refs
did - It was screwing with the beer commercial schedule.

If you think Joseph's head is in the game, think again. After the
slash he just stood there instead of getting off the ice for an extra
attacker. Quinn shoulda pulled him after Goal #2.

Even by the standards of 'unexpected' we expect in Vancouver, this one
may have a belly dancer inside the cake it takes. This one is a bowl
of granola - all nuts, friuts, and flakes.

Hope they don't lose this script - word has it they're working on
Slapshot 2 as we post.

nate

Jan 26, 2002, 1:01:14 AM1/26/02
Pilar looked horrible tonight yes, he whiffed on a puck in the corner twice
becuase he was shit-scared of taking a hit, and then whiffed on one at the
blue line as well. Maybe jitters, maybe we should have just called up
Dempsey for God's Sakes.

From the first bad-bounce goal, it looked like the game was going to the
shitters...

also, what's up with three slashes in the last two days? Joseph, Reichel
(who got a holding after, what a joke), and Beelak?

Teeder

Jan 26, 2002, 1:16:11 AM1/26/02

Owl wrote:

> Hope they don't lose this script - word has it they're working on
> Slapshot 2 as we post.

And just like Slapshot 2 it's straight to video for this disgrace of a
game.

Owl

Jan 26, 2002, 3:05:19 AM1/26/02
On Sat, 26 Jan 2002 06:01:14 GMT, "nate" <thegoos...@rogers.com>
wrote:

>Pilar looked horrible tonight yes, he whiffed on a puck in the corner twice
>becuase he was shit-scared of taking a hit,

No, Nate. He whiffed a shot. Show me a Leaf that didn't.

> and then whiffed on one at the
>blue line as well. Maybe jitters, maybe we should have just called up
>Dempsey for God's Sakes.

Was your axe sharp before the game started? Me, I think he looked
unlucky and then ... crummy. First game, tho ... and he was a
passenger on the Titanic. See if his boat floats over a couple of
games before we send him home to the sea ... or the mountains. McCabe
had a really bad night and Pilar was chained to him. Bryan was doing
risky stuff to try and even it out and he got burnt like toast.

If your a Dempsey-booster, be glad it wasn't Nate out there getting
sliced n diced.

>From the first bad-bounce goal, it looked like the game was going to the
>shitters...

I thought the Leafs were hanging in and getting their fair share of
the chances right through the 4-1 middle of the 3rd.

But If I rewind the tape - I really don't want to watch that 2-man
advantage again: "Kaberle to Sundin, Sundin to Kaberle, Kaberle to
Sundin, Sundin to Kaberle, Kaberle to McCabe, McCabe to Kaberle,
Kaberle to McCabe, McCabe to Mogilny. Cross-ice pass to Sundin ... he
missed it. Nucks clear the zone ... 40 seconds left in the 2-man
advantage." I've seen that movie somewhere before .... it's a rerun,
right?

>also, what's up with three slashes in the last two days? Joseph, Reichel
>(who got a holding after, what a joke), and Beelak?

Not calling the slash on Reichel was really bush. The ref was right
there. That sucked big-time. I've said the same thing in the past
when a Leaf has done it to an opponant. Those two-handed chops are
designed to injure. The ref shoulda got slapped out for not calling
it - he was right there.