Last thoughts on MacTavish

#75 Brian MacKenzie: Flyers fan, Mentos Maintainer

Mar 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/20/96
Okay, just one last thought, considering the way Keenan operates...
If MacT decides to play one more season, we'll probably have a good chance
of seeing him in a Flyers uniform again, since he'll be a free agent at the
end of the year!!!
okay, okay, I'll shut up and color now...
bri

Frank Stanchek

Mar 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/23/96

One comment. Why the hell would we want him back?
Bring him back as a coach. That I'd agree to. He brings nothing ON the
ice IMO. He looked lost in the St. Louis game. The guy has nothing
left for the ice. He' s a leader, and should just be a coach now. I
myself didn't even think twice about the Hawerchuk deal. I've been
watching hockey for quite a long time and know alot about the sport.
Hell I could tell you any player on any team and any minor league
team. And I tell you MacTavish didn't bring much to the on-ice FLyers
team. At least not THIS year. Last year he probably made Lindros into
the leader he is today and probably kept him from going crazy. But
this year he wasnt much of anything. When I heard we got Hawerchuk for
MacTavish, I went No WAY! I would give up 20 Mactavish's for
Hawerchuk! I dismissed MacTavish like a bad habbit. I liked him and
all.. But he wasnt that great a player.

ajr...@psu.edu

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
In article <3151dcc4...@198.69.186.1> fra...@netaxs.com (Frank Stanchek) writes:

>On Wed, 20 Mar 96 11:45:13 EST, MAC...@VM.TEMPLE.EDU (#75 Brian
>MacKenzie: Flyers fan, Mentos Maintainer) wrote:

>>Okay, just one last thought, considering the way Keenan operates...
>>If MacT decides to play one more season, we'll probably have a good chance
>>of seeing him in a Flyers uniform again, since he'll be a free agent at the
>>end of the year!!!
>>okay, okay, I'll shut up and color now...
>>bri

During the Pens and Blues matchup last night, MacTavish was interviewed by
Pens commentator Stan Savran during the 1st intermission, and was asked who
would represent the Eastern Conference in the finals. MacTavish responded,
"I think right now I'd have to nod my head to Philadelphia." On top of this
remark MacT said of the Flyers "..I make 'em my favorite coming out of the
east..". In the interview, MacT talked highly of the Flyers whenever given
the opportunity! It was apparent that MacT misses the orange and black.
Surely the Flyers and their fans (alike) miss Craig!

Andy