American Pie/Kate Smith

Katie Baker

Jul 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/18/99
Had my first face-to-face get together with a NGer yesterday...PUKSTPR31
was the (un)lucky guy. ;-) Anyway, we caught American Pie and I don't know
if any of you have seen it, but I noticed that movie reviews seem to be
appreciated here.

The movie is DAMN funny! Lots of gross scenes but they all made me laugh.
Great characters and hilarious predicaments make up the entire film.
There's a bit of cheesiness but other than that it's a real laugher with
some memorable lines. (To those who have seen it: What's my name? Say my
name, bitch!!)

Go see it!!

Oh, and unrelated -- one of the resteraunts we went to had a jukebox, and
two of the selections were Kate Smith: "God Bless America" and "The
Star-Spangled Banner." Just thought that was interesting!

Katie

--
Katie Baker - the chick with the hockey stick ;-)
http://home.talkcity.com/gardenway/katieccc

"It looks like someone sat on it."
-Phil Pritchard, Hall of Fame spokesman, on dents in
the Stanley Cup after the Rangers won it.

Jeg7777

Jul 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/18/99
Katie Baker wrote:

> Had my first face-to-face get together with a NGer yesterday...PUKSTPR31
> was the (un)lucky guy. ;-) Anyway, we caught American Pie and I don't know
> if any of you have seen it, but I noticed that movie reviews seem to be
> appreciated here.

This sounds suspiciously like a date....

> The movie is DAMN funny! Lots of gross scenes but they all made me laugh.
> Great characters and hilarious predicaments make up the entire film.
> There's a bit of cheesiness but other than that it's a real laugher with
> some memorable lines. (To those who have seen it: What's my name? Say my
> name, bitch!!)
>
> Go see it!!
>
> Oh, and unrelated -- one of the resteraunts we went to had a jukebox, and
> two of the selections were Kate Smith: "God Bless America" and "The
> Star-Spangled Banner." Just thought that was interesting!

A jukebox with good taste.

--
Joe

"Ladies and gentlemen, the Flyers...are going to win...the Stanley
Cup! The Flyers win the Stanley Cup! The Flyers win the Stanley Cup!
The Flyers have won the Stanley Cup!!" -- Gene Hart 1931-1999

Conrad Steele

Jul 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/18/99

Jeg7777 wrote in message <37924...@erols.com>...

>Katie Baker wrote:
>>
>> Had my first face-to-face get together with a NGer yesterday...PUKSTPR31
>> was the (un)lucky guy. ;-) Anyway, we caught American Pie and I don't
know
>> if any of you have seen it, but I noticed that movie reviews seem to be
>> appreciated here.
>
>This sounds suspiciously like a date....

Christ, it better have been!

@prodigy.net John Bergan

Jul 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/18/99
Details! We need details!!

--

John
FKA jtb...@aol.com

Shanny

Jul 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/18/99
> > Had my first face-to-face get together with a NGer yesterday...PUKSTPR31
> > was the (un)lucky guy. ;-) Anyway, we caught American Pie and I don't
know
> > if any of you have seen it, but I noticed that movie reviews seem to be
> > appreciated here.
>
> This sounds suspiciously like a date....

Hmmm...are those WEDDING BELLS I hear? Congrats, Katie and PUKSTPR31...are
you now known as Katie PUKSTPR31 or Katie Baker-PUKSTPR31?

Also, when are you two going to see "Eyes Shut Closed Wide Boring As Hell
Film"? Everyone will fall asleep, which should make the theater a prime
nookie location <wink wink>

NEXT on WEDDING-O-RAMA: Cutts the Butcher, Jegs777 and Eclectic Ed...yes,
that's right...a TRIPLE THREAT wedding! It's not even SANCTIONED in any
state in the US o' A! THIS MONDAY! Order it on PPV! CALL LOCAL CABLE
SUPPLIERS FOR AVAILABILITY DETAILS! $29.99 for the wedding, $29.99 for the
honeymoon OR pay a $49.99 lump sum for BOTH! Coincidentally, "Lump Sum" is
the PPV name of the post-wedding action! Brought to you by 10-10-220-10-4,
where long distance calls ANYWHERE in the (states starting with K) UNITED
STATES costs only 9.34 cents per minute!

--
Shanny

Andy Henderson

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
In article <7mu4i2$3te0$1...@newssvr03-int.news.prodigy.com>, "John Bergan"
<JBERGANdon'tspamme @prodigy.net> says...

> Details! We need details!!
>
> --
>
> John
> FKA jtb...@aol.com
>
> Conrad Steele wrote in message <7mu200$epa$1...@autumn.news.rcn.net>...
> >
> >Jeg7777 wrote in message <37924...@erols.com>...

> >know
> >>
> >>This sounds suspiciously like a date....
> >

> >Christ, it better have been!

Well, you know goalies rarely score......
--
A J Henderson
To Email, remove "or.near."

Cutts the Butcher

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
Jeg7777 (Jeg...@erols.com) wrote:
: This sounds suspiciously like a date....

Stan wants to kiss Wendy Testaburger!
Stan wants to ki-iss, Wendy Testa-burgerrrrrr!!

--
Vandit Kalia GO FLYERS!!!!!
The ship of state is the only ship that leaks from the top

Cutts the Butcher

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
Shanny (iris...@hotmail.com) wrote:
: NEXT on WEDDING-O-RAMA: Cutts the Butcher, Jegs777 and Eclectic Ed...yes,

: that's right...a TRIPLE THREAT wedding! It's not even SANCTIONED in any
: state in the US o' A! THIS MONDAY! Order it on PPV! CALL LOCAL CABLE
: SUPPLIERS FOR AVAILABILITY DETAILS! $29.99 for the wedding, $29.99 for the
: honeymoon OR pay a $49.99 lump sum for BOTH! Coincidentally, "Lump Sum" is
: the PPV name of the post-wedding action! Brought to you by 10-10-220-10-4,
: where long distance calls ANYWHERE in the (states starting with K) UNITED
: STATES costs only 9.34 cents per minute!

Ai. Shut your bloody face, uncle f**ker!

Why do I have to get married to Ed? Why cant I get, say, the remains of
Dana Plato and Lisa (with friends)?

Katie Baker

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
In article <40yk3.23914$jl.22...@newscontent-01.sprint.ca>, "Shanny"
<iris...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hmmm...are those WEDDING BELLS I hear? Congrats, Katie and PUKSTPR31...are
> you now known as Katie PUKSTPR31 or Katie Baker-PUKSTPR31?
>
> Also, when are you two going to see "Eyes Shut Closed Wide Boring As Hell
> Film"? Everyone will fall asleep, which should make the theater a prime
> nookie location <wink wink>
>

> NEXT on WEDDING-O-RAMA: Cutts the Butcher, Jegs777 and Eclectic Ed...yes,
> that's right...a TRIPLE THREAT wedding! It's not even SANCTIONED in any
> state in the US o' A! THIS MONDAY! Order it on PPV! CALL LOCAL CABLE
> SUPPLIERS FOR AVAILABILITY DETAILS! $29.99 for the wedding, $29.99 for the
> honeymoon OR pay a $49.99 lump sum for BOTH! Coincidentally, "Lump Sum" is
> the PPV name of the post-wedding action! Brought to you by 10-10-220-10-4,
> where long distance calls ANYWHERE in the (states starting with K) UNITED
> STATES costs only 9.34 cents per minute!

<sigh...> Yeah, well, anyway, American Pie is really funny... ;-)

Alex Wright

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
Suck me Beautiful!!!!

Cutts the Butcher <vka...@netaxs.com> wrote in message

> Jeg7777 (Jeg...@erols.com) wrote:
> : This sounds suspiciously like a date....
>
> Stan wants to kiss Wendy Testaburger!
> Stan wants to ki-iss, Wendy Testa-burgerrrrrr!!

Brad Murray

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
In article <katie-18079...@pen-nj1-26.ix.netcom.com>,
ka...@darkstar.net says...

> Had my first face-to-face get together with a NGer yesterday...PUKSTPR31
> was the (un)lucky guy. ;-) Anyway, we caught American Pie and I don't know
> if any of you have seen it, but I noticed that movie reviews seem to be
> appreciated here.
>
> The movie is DAMN funny! Lots of gross scenes but they all made me laugh.
> Great characters and hilarious predicaments make up the entire film.
> There's a bit of cheesiness but other than that it's a real laugher with
> some memorable lines. (To those who have seen it: What's my name? Say my
> name, bitch!!)
>
> Go see it!!
>
> Oh, and unrelated -- one of the resteraunts we went to had a jukebox, and
> two of the selections were Kate Smith: "God Bless America" and "The
> Star-Spangled Banner." Just thought that was interesting!

Yeah, but did PuckStpr get a hummer? Inquiring minds want to know.

Katie Baker

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
In article <MPG.11fceed1c...@enews.newsguy.com>,
BradM...@SeeSigIfThere.com (Brad Murray) wrote:

No, he has a Chevy.

Brad Murray

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
That would take a lot of sucking.

In article <10Gk3.564$MO4.1759@client>, awr...@steson.com says...

Brad Murray

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
In article <7mv5dn$a...@netaxs.com>, vka...@netaxs.com says...
> Shanny (iris...@hotmail.com) wrote:
> : NEXT on WEDDING-O-RAMA: Cutts the Butcher, Jegs777 and Eclectic Ed...yes,

> : that's right...a TRIPLE THREAT wedding! It's not even SANCTIONED in any
> : state in the US o' A! THIS MONDAY! Order it on PPV! CALL LOCAL CABLE
> : SUPPLIERS FOR AVAILABILITY DETAILS! $29.99 for the wedding, $29.99 for the
> : honeymoon OR pay a $49.99 lump sum for BOTH! Coincidentally, "Lump Sum" is
> : the PPV name of the post-wedding action! Brought to you by 10-10-220-10-4,
> : where long distance calls ANYWHERE in the (states starting with K) UNITED
> : STATES costs only 9.34 cents per minute!
>
> Ai. Shut your bloody face, uncle f**ker!
>
> Why do I have to get married to Ed? Why cant I get, say, the remains of
> Dana Plato and Lisa (with friends)?

I get to walk (or drag) Dana down the aisle.

Lisa Kriwonos

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
In article <7mv5dn$a...@netaxs.com> vka...@netaxs.com (Cutts the Butcher) writes:
>Shanny (iris...@hotmail.com) wrote:
>: NEXT on WEDDING-O-RAMA: Cutts the Butcher, Jegs777 and Eclectic Ed...yes,
>: that's right...a TRIPLE THREAT wedding! It's not even SANCTIONED in any
>: state in the US o' A! THIS MONDAY! Order it on PPV! CALL LOCAL CABLE
>: SUPPLIERS FOR AVAILABILITY DETAILS! $29.99 for the wedding, $29.99 for the
>: honeymoon OR pay a $49.99 lump sum for BOTH! Coincidentally, "Lump Sum" is
>: the PPV name of the post-wedding action! Brought to you by 10-10-220-10-4,
>: where long distance calls ANYWHERE in the (states starting with K) UNITED
>: STATES costs only 9.34 cents per minute!
>
>Ai. Shut your bloody face, uncle f**ker!
>
>Why do I have to get married to Ed? Why cant I get, say, the remains of
>Dana Plato and Lisa (with friends)?

One of my requirements for a woman is that she needs to have a pulse......

Conrad Steele

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99

Katie Baker <ka...@darkstar.net> wrote in message

<singing>
"I gave a giiiirl, a ride in my wagon....she come iiiiiin and took
control.....she was tired..... her mind was a draggin'.....I said "get some
sleep and dream of Rock'n Roll"......

'Cause like a picture, she was layin' there.....moonlight was dancin' off
her hair.....she woke up and took me by the hand......she's gonna love in my
Chevy van and that's all right with me........

Her young face.....was like that of an Angel.....her long leeeegs were
tanned and brown......better keep, your eyes on the road, son......better
sloooooow this vehicle down.......

'Cause like a picture, she was lyin' there.....moonlight was dancin' off her
hair.....she woke up and took me by the hand......she's gonna love in my
Chevy van and that's all right with me........

Billy

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99

><sigh...> Yeah, well, anyway, American Pie is really funny... ;-)
>
>Katie

Yes it was. The only thing I did not like, is the fact that most of
the funny parts were included in the trailer, therefore losing some of
the humor a tad. Still funny as hell....I may see it again.

When do I get to meet Katie? What about me??? ;)

Cutts the Butcher

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
Isnt Katie a Rangers fan? Isnt that, like, a sin to socialize with those
devilspawn? Pukstopper, your soul is in jeopardy. As atonement, thou
shalt get thyself to Dejanews and re-read every one of Eddi's posts twice.

Billy

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
On 19 Jul 1999 20:23:14 GMT, vka...@netaxs.com (Cutts the Butcher)
wrote:

>Isnt Katie a Rangers fan? Isnt that, like, a sin to socialize with those
>devilspawn? Pukstopper, your soul is in jeopardy. As atonement, thou
>shalt get thyself to Dejanews and re-read every one of Eddi's posts twice.

So, if he needs to read Ed's posts twice, is he actually reading them
4 times, since Ed double posts??

Ryan DeLutis

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
One time? After a date with PUKSTPR31? I stuck a hockey stick in my. .
. . .

--

Ryan DeLutis

Shippensburg Lacrosse Party Page
http://www.geocities.com/~shiplax27/

Katie Baker

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
In article <37946b75.45062108@news>, mayorm...@home.comREMOVE (Billy) wrote:

> Yes it was. The only thing I did not like, is the fact that most of
> the funny parts were included in the trailer, therefore losing some of
> the humor a tad. Still funny as hell....I may see it again.

I agree with that. Everyone in the theatre knew about the "apple pie
scene"; many others knew about the "pick-up-line scene" and the "tube sock
scene."

> When do I get to meet Katie? What about me??? ;)

Ehhh, go to a Trenton Titans game sometime this season and I'll be there,
a few rows up on the side the Titans shoot at twice.

Jeg7777

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
Shanny wrote:

> > > Had my first face-to-face get together with a NGer yesterday...PUKSTPR31
> > > was the (un)lucky guy. ;-) Anyway, we caught American Pie and I don't
> know
> > > if any of you have seen it, but I noticed that movie reviews seem to be
> > > appreciated here.
> >
> > This sounds suspiciously like a date....
>
> Hmmm...are those WEDDING BELLS I hear? Congrats, Katie and PUKSTPR31...are
> you now known as Katie PUKSTPR31 or Katie Baker-PUKSTPR31?
>
> Also, when are you two going to see "Eyes Shut Closed Wide Boring As Hell
> Film"? Everyone will fall asleep, which should make the theater a prime
> nookie location <wink wink>
>
> NEXT on WEDDING-O-RAMA: Cutts the Butcher, Jegs777 and Eclectic Ed...yes,
> that's right...a TRIPLE THREAT wedding!

If you EVER mention me and Ed in that context again, I will hunt you
down and kill you.

Shanny

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
> I probably should not be telling you this, Vandit, but Shanny can be
> bought... His price? Prince Charles's knickers...... Strange but true.

Alright, Henderson! I've had enough of your slander! Expect a visit from
ex-Navy Seal, WWF megastar and Gov. of Minnesota, Jesse Ventura! Say your
prayers, you evil CSIS bastard!

--
Shanny

Shanny

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
> If you EVER mention me and Ed in that context again, I will hunt you
> down and kill you.

Hmmm...and yet no comment on the pairing of Cutts and yourself...

I've got Robert Stack on the speed-dial...this is a case for UNSOLVED
MYSTERIES!

--
Shanny

Shanny

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
> <sigh...> Yeah, well, anyway, American Pie is really funny... ;-)

Sorry about that, Katie...but this is the Philly Flyers NG, and you knew
what you were getting into ;)

So, anyways, on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest, just HOW CREEPY was
PUKSTPR?

--
Shanny

Andy Henderson

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99
In article <7mv5dn$a...@netaxs.com>, vka...@netaxs.com says...
> Shanny (iris...@hotmail.com) wrote:
> : NEXT on WEDDING-O-RAMA: Cutts the Butcher, Jegs777 and Eclectic Ed...yes,
> : that's right...a TRIPLE THREAT wedding! It's not even SANCTIONED in any
> : state in the US o' A! THIS MONDAY! Order it on PPV! CALL LOCAL CABLE
> : SUPPLIERS FOR AVAILABILITY DETAILS! $29.99 for the wedding, $29.99 for the
> : honeymoon OR pay a $49.99 lump sum for BOTH! Coincidentally, "Lump Sum" is
> : the PPV name of the post-wedding action! Brought to you by 10-10-220-10-4,
> : where long distance calls ANYWHERE in the (states starting with K) UNITED
> : STATES costs only 9.34 cents per minute!
>
> Ai. Shut your bloody face, uncle f**ker!
>
> Why do I have to get married to Ed? Why cant I get, say, the remains of
> Dana Plato and Lisa (with friends)?

I probably should not be telling you this, Vandit, but Shanny can be

bought... His price? Prince Charles's knickers...... Strange but true.

Conrad Steele

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99

Shanny <iris...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Jon is actually the mild mannered, sedate member of our group.....

Brother Ike

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99
In article <7mv5dn$a...@netaxs.com>,

Cutts the Butcher <vka...@netaxs.com> wrote:
>Shanny (iris...@hotmail.com) wrote:
>: NEXT on WEDDING-O-RAMA: Cutts the Butcher, Jegs777 and Eclectic Ed...yes,
>: that's right...a TRIPLE THREAT wedding! It's not even SANCTIONED in any
>: state in the US o' A! THIS MONDAY! Order it on PPV! CALL LOCAL CABLE
>: SUPPLIERS FOR AVAILABILITY DETAILS! $29.99 for the wedding, $29.99 for the
>: honeymoon OR pay a $49.99 lump sum for BOTH! Coincidentally, "Lump Sum" is
>: the PPV name of the post-wedding action! Brought to you by 10-10-220-10-4,
>: where long distance calls ANYWHERE in the (states starting with K) UNITED
>: STATES costs only 9.34 cents per minute!
>
>Ai. Shut your bloody face, uncle f**ker!
>
>Why do I have to get married to Ed? Why cant I get, say, the remains of
>Dana Plato and Lisa (with friends)?

Is there anything left at this point besides gristle?
--
ike porter
ucs systems group my thoughts alone

Dr-G...@webtv.net

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99
VK wrote:
As atonement, thou shalt get thyself to Dejanews and re-read every one
of Eddi's posts twice.

Which means you will read each different post 4 times since they are all
double posted.

Dr-G0NZ0

Dr-G...@webtv.net

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99
Billy wrote:
So, if he needs to read Ed's posts twice, is he actually reading them 4
times, since Ed double posts??

DAMMIT !!!
I just wrote the same thing, and then I found out Billy already beat me
to it.

Dr-G0NZ0

Jeg7777

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99

Not really. Vandit is a nice enough guy, but I'm fairly sure I'm not
his type.

David Kaiser

Jul 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/21/99

Well, I saw American Pie last and I must say, I don't think I
ever laughed so hard in a movie theater in my life. I was impressed that
it wasn't just a bunch of sex jokes, but actually a pretty good and
actually rather sweet movie. There were some incredibly classic lines of
course, the funniest one being: "What's my name, bitch!"

--
* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - *

David M. Kaiser kai...@astro.temple.edu
Admissions Couselor roll...@aol.com
Temple University Ambler ICQ# 9899797
580 Meetinghouse Road (215)283-1560 (Office)
Ambler, PA 19002 1-888-GO-AMBLER (x3-1560)

Cutts the Butcher

Jul 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/21/99
Jeg7777 (Jeg...@erols.com) wrote:
: Not really. Vandit is a nice enough guy, but I'm fairly sure I'm not
: his type.

Maybe if you grow some tits, lose all the body hair, get a snip job...
nah, even then, it still wouldnt be the same.

P. Vasudevan

Jul 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/21/99
Sorry its just not as funny as Rush Hour.

"Cigarette? That's Cigaweed!"
The best Jackie Chan movie I have ever seen. but then again haven't seen
Police Story... that is supposedly one of the best Chan movies ever... took
a year to make, as compared to First Strike which took 2 weeks.

Tericloth

Jul 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/26/99
ka...@darkstar.net (Katie Baker) writes:

>The movie is DAMN funny! Lots of gross scenes but they all made me laugh.
>Great characters and hilarious predicaments make up the entire film.
>There's a bit of cheesiness but other than that it's a real laugher with
>some memorable lines. (To those who have seen it: What's my name? Say my
>name, bitch!!)

Now this is a movie I would like to see (my 15 year-old says I wouldn't like
it...but what does he know). The guy who wrote the screenplay is from Grand
Rapids, Michigan and a grad of East Grand Rapids High School......gotta wonder
how much of the script was from memory/ fantasy.....

teri in the 'Zoo

Tericloth

Jul 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/26/99
In article <7mvo9b$4km$1...@autumn.news.rcn.net>, "Conrad Steele"
<conrad...@erols.com> writes:

><singing>
>"I gave a giiiirl, a ride in my wagon....she come iiiiiin and took
>control.....she was tired..... her mind was a draggin'.....I said "get some
>sleep and dream of Rock'n Roll"......
>
>'Cause like a picture, she was layin' there.....moonlight was dancin' off
>her hair.....she woke up and took me by the hand......she's gonna love in my
>Chevy van and that's all right with me........
>
>Her young face.....was like that of an Angel.....her long leeeegs were
>tanned and brown......better keep, your eyes on the road, son......better
>sloooooow this vehicle down.......
>

>'Cause like a picture, she was lyin' there.....moonlight was dancin' off her
>hair.....she woke up and took me by the hand......she's gonna love in my
>Chevy van and that's all right with me........

You just dated yourself, Conrad my dear.....I dated a guy with a Chevy van when
this song was out.......and the answer is *yes.....many times....* ;-)

teri in the 'Zoo

Conrad Steele

Jul 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/26/99

Tericloth <teri...@aol.com> wrote in message

only two or three people in here probably realize that was an actual
song.....and a fairly popular one, at that

bob

Jul 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/26/99

Conrad Steele wrote:

> Tericloth <teri...@aol.com> wrote in message
>

> > You just dated yourself, Conrad my dear.....I dated a guy with a Chevy van
> when
> > this song was out.......and the answer is *yes.....many times....* ;-)
> >

> > teri in the 'Zoo
> >

> only two or three people in here probably realize that was an actual
> song.....and a fairly popular one, at that

I remembered it....I was just too embarrassed to admit it. :)

Bob

Conrad Steele

Jul 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/26/99

bob <alli...@pobox.upenn.edu> wrote in message

thank God you didn't embarrass yourself Bob! No one will ever know!

:-)

Sandra Woy

Jul 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/26/99

Conrad Steele wrote in message <7nhrm7$jd1$1...@autumn.news.rcn.net>...

>Tericloth <teri...@aol.com> wrote in message
>> In article <7mvo9b$4km$1...@autumn.news.rcn.net>, "Conrad Steele"
>> <conrad...@erols.com> writes:
>>
>> ><singing>
>> >"I gave a giiiirl, a ride in my wagon....she come iiiiiin and took
>> >control.....she was tired..... her mind was a draggin'.....I said "get
>some
>> >sleep and dream of Rock'n Roll"......
>> >
>> >'Cause like a picture, she was layin' there.....moonlight was dancin'
off
>> >her hair.....she woke up and took me by the hand......she's gonna love
in
>my
>> >Chevy van and that's all right with me........
>> >
>> >Her young face.....was like that of an Angel.....her long leeeegs were
>> >tanned and brown......better keep, your eyes on the road,
son......better
>> >sloooooow this vehicle down.......
>> >

>> >'Cause like a picture, she was lyin' there.....moonlight was dancin' off
>her
>> >hair.....she woke up and took me by the hand......she's gonna love in my
>> >Chevy van and that's all right with me........
>> >

>> You just dated yourself, Conrad my dear.....I dated a guy with a Chevy
van
>when
>> this song was out.......and the answer is *yes.....many times....* ;-)
>>

>> teri in the 'Zoo
>>

>only two or three people in here probably realize that was an actual
>song.....and a fairly popular one, at that

you're right.

Shanny

Jul 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/26/99
> only two or three people in here probably realize that was an actual
> song.....and a fairly popular one, at that

I knew it was a song cuz I heard it in a commercial one time. For pop or
potato chips or computers or something.

--
Shanny