2 pts

hammarb...@comcast.net

Mar 23, 2008, 9:32:37 PM3/23/08
against the bridgeport sound tigers. take 'em and move on.

Loomer

Mar 23, 2008, 9:52:07 PM3/23/08

"pukstpr31isback@nofriggin'goalforyou.com" <hammarb...@comcast.net>
wrote in message

> against the bridgeport sound tigers. take 'em and move on.

On to MonoSodiumGlutomate. I'll be up there given those New Yawkas hell.
Hopefully the Flyers can back me with a win.

I am Canadian

Mar 24, 2008, 12:26:32 AM3/24/08
On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 18:32:37 -0700 (PDT),
<hammarb...@comcast.net> wrote:

>against the bridgeport sound tigers. take 'em and move on.

I was relegated to checking the score on my cell phone tonight. When I
saw it was 2-0 after the 2nd all I could think was oh no, here we go
again. It was nice to see they potted a couple fairly quick in the
third.
Big game Tuesday. BIG BIG game.
Go get those fuckers.

Jeff

Au Revoire

Mar 24, 2008, 2:53:56 AM3/24/08
On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 04:26:32 GMT, I am Canadian <do...@email.me> wrote:

>On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 18:32:37 -0700 (PDT),
>"pukstpr31isback@nofriggin'goalforyou.com"
><hammarb...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>against the bridgeport sound tigers. take 'em and move on.
>
>I was relegated to checking the score on my cell phone tonight. When I
>saw it was 2-0 after the 2nd all I could think was oh no, here we go
>again. It was nice to see they potted a couple fairly quick in the
>third.

As has been said about the Islanders, get a few out quick and they're
done...not that the Flyers haven't screwed those kinds of chances up
frequently enough for heart attacks.

Still, great game played all around, nevermind those last few
penalties(DOWD!)...but good stuff. I was happy to see a much needed
win over a beatable team and the effort was there. Perhaps Stevens
even did a good job here. That's for you, Mike B. ;-) Three in a
row. Make it 4 or 5 and we're looking at the necessary "ramping up"
for the playoffs that winning playoff teams require.

>Big game Tuesday. BIG BIG game.
>Go get those fuckers.

That game *and* Friday's game. If we take both, there may be more
than just hope for these guys in the weeks to come. A thumping of
both would be ideal. Keep it up Marty!

--
*Faith*ful Flyer fan

Au Revoire

Cynicor

Mar 24, 2008, 8:57:27 AM3/24/08
Au Revoire wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 04:26:32 GMT, I am Canadian <do...@email.me> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 18:32:37 -0700 (PDT),
>> "pukstpr31isback@nofriggin'goalforyou.com"
>> <hammarb...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>> against the bridgeport sound tigers. take 'em and move on.
>> I was relegated to checking the score on my cell phone tonight. When I
>> saw it was 2-0 after the 2nd all I could think was oh no, here we go
>> again. It was nice to see they potted a couple fairly quick in the
>> third.
>
> As has been said about the Islanders, get a few out quick and they're
> done...not that the Flyers haven't screwed those kinds of chances up
> frequently enough for heart attacks.

Well, that's true about most any team though. Just sayin'.

Pelle Schultz

Mar 24, 2008, 12:40:12 PM3/24/08
On Mar 24, 2:53 am, Au Revoire <yearlyroa...@yaoo.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 04:26:32 GMT, I am Canadian <d...@email.me> wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 18:32:37 -0700 (PDT),
> >"pukstpr31isback@nofriggin'goalforyou.com"
> ><hammarbydes...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >>against the bridgeport sound tigers. take 'em and move on.
>
> >I was relegated to checking the score on my cell phone tonight. When I
> >saw it was 2-0 after the 2nd all I could think was oh no, here we go
> >again. It was nice to see they potted a couple fairly quick in the
> >third.

If you'd have seen the game, you might have a different take. The
Flyers came out fairly well, but the Islanders stayed with them in the
early going. The refs were calling every hooking penalty they could--
it was one of those, if-the-stick-is-horizontal-that's-2-minutes
games. The penalty the Isles took to put the Flyers 2 men up was
totally dumb, unnecessary and obvious. The Flyers' PP hadn't been
doing much up to that point, but to their credit they potted one
almost instantly on the 5-on-3. But after that, there was another 1+
min. of 5-on-4 in which the Isles had several shorthanded chances.
Modry was particularly awful in the first. He gave up the puck with
the slightest of pressure, resulting in some serious chances. When he
was backing into the zone against Vasicek on one rush, Vasicek pulled
up and Modry fell down. Not like down on one knee, like a champion
belly flopper. Vasicek had plenty of time to pick his shot and made a
good one that Biron stopped.

The Isles completely dominated the second. It was exactly like those
games early in the season in which the Flyers were abused at 5-on-5,
but had strong goaltending and special teams (both the PK and PP) to
bail them out. The team was scrambling around in their defensive zone
in the usual Keystone cop fashion. Against a team with more offensive
talent, the Flyers easily could've left the period tied or behind. One
play in particular stood out: Biron made a kick save on a tough shot
coming across and left a huge rebound (which was rare, he had good
rebound control in this game unlike some of his others, e.g. the last
one). The Islanders forward (Colliton?) was crashing the net and
barely overskated it. 90% of the players in the league would've potted
that with no effort, but the Flyers were just lucky it was a guy who
has 2 points in his NHL career (30 GP, if you're keeping tabs).

> As has been said about the Islanders, get a few out quick and they're
> done...not that the Flyers haven't screwed those kinds of chances up
> frequently enough for heart attacks.
>
> Still, great game played all around, nevermind those last few
> penalties(DOWD!)...but good stuff.  I was happy to see a much needed
> win over a beatable team and the effort was there.  Perhaps Stevens
> even did a good job here.  That's for you, Mike B.  ;-)  Three in a
> row.  Make it 4 or 5 and we're looking at the necessary "ramping up"
> for the playoffs that winning playoff teams require.

Stevens did a mediocre job in this one. His team got outplayed for
most of the game (and outshot, but we've learned to expect that) in
their own building by a team full of AHL stalwarts and an AHL goalie
making his first NHL start of the season. You can credit those 2
points to Mike B.'s latest favorite whipping boy, Biron. It's always
the goalie, right?

Really dumb penalty by Dowd late. He should be a candidate for healthy
scratching. Also, Kapanen has nothing left. If he doesn't retire after
this season, he's crazy.

> >Big game Tuesday. BIG BIG game.
> >Go get those fuckers.

If the Flyers play the way they did last night at even strength vs.
the Rangers, there will be a different outcome. The Rangers actually
have some penalty-killing...as we've seen all season long. And how
much does anyone want to bet that if Jones returns, it's Kukkonen who
sits?

Pelle

Au Revoire

Mar 24, 2008, 5:29:02 PM3/24/08
On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 09:40:12 -0700 (PDT), Pelle Schultz
<evil_...@mac.com> wrote:

And how
>much does anyone want to bet that if Jones returns, it's Kukkonen who
>sits?

It's not worth the risk to gamble on that one. I'd guess it's 100%
that Kukkonen sits when Jones gets back in.

Pelle Schultz

Mar 24, 2008, 5:43:37 PM3/24/08
On Mar 24, 5:29 pm, Au Revoire <yearlyroa...@yaoo.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 09:40:12 -0700 (PDT), Pelle Schultz
>
> <evil_emp...@mac.com> wrote:
>
>  And how
>
> >much does anyone want to bet that if Jones returns, it's Kukkonen who
> >sits?
>
> It's not worth the risk to gamble on that one.  I'd guess it's 100%
> that Kukkonen sits when Jones gets back in.

Here's how badly Modry is playing:

13 GP: 0 G 2 A -16 6 PIM

-16 in 13 games...pro-rated over a season, that's almost Bill
Mikkelson territory.

http://mirtle.blogspot.com/2005/11/just-call-him-mr-minus.html

Pelle

Ima Negrow

Mar 24, 2008, 8:24:26 PM3/24/08

thats actually good for a stay at home defenceman
YOU DONT want these guys scoring goals
that would mean he is not defending very well at the other end

the stat you need to show is how many opposing goals he had prevented

Trailer Trash

Mar 24, 2008, 10:52:45 PM3/24/08
Modry, is just plumb awful.