OT: Crosby slash

John Corbin

Mar 24, 2017, 7:05:32 PM3/24/17
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl-not-looking-into-crosby-suspension-1.705242

All my buddies who are sens fans.. upset Crosby got away with it

Chuck

Mar 24, 2017, 8:42:07 PM3/24/17
On Friday, March 24, 2017 at 7:05:32 PM UTC-4, John Corbin wrote:
> http://www.tsn.ca/nhl-not-looking-into-crosby-suspension-1.705242
>
> All my buddies who are sens fans.. upset Crosby got away with it

Thought all of the comments on TSN reference this issue were stupid. Trying to justify swatting at opponents hands as "part of the game". Saying that if it was called it would result in too many penalties. One commentator said he thought there were too many calls already??? I guess he doesn`t watch Hab games, where it has seemed more often then not, there were only 2 or 3 penalties called, last game one PP? I say if they want more offence, they need to start calling these as penalties. One tried to blame you can`t hook players gloves any more?? They need to skate faster, in order to hook an opponents stick. These slashes are desparation moves by players who have been beaten in a foot race, or the lacked the checking skills to deal with them while they were still in front of them. Its silly that a hand slash is ignored while a slash that breaks a stick is called with out a second thought.

gorgo...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2017, 2:34:45 PM3/27/17
As for me, I don't think a stick breaking due to a slash should be an automatic penalty. These new age sticks break too easy anyways. The slashes aren't any harder these days... the sticks are more brittle. That said, in hockey we wear thickly padded gloves for a reason, bangs on the hands are common. We simply can't penalize every slash-like contact oe bang to a players glove. It will make the game unwatchable. Let the refs decide if the slash was excessive and in malice and leave it like tgat. We're already interjecting too many annoying penalties into games. As for Methot... buy a better pair of fuckin gloves.