Bye Bye Andrew Shaw

The Mad Ape

Jun 30, 2019, 5:41:43 PM6/30/19
Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin sent Shaw and a seventh-round pick at the 2021 NHL Draft to the Blackhawks in exchange for a second-round and a seventh-round pick in 2020 and a third-round pick in 2021.

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/canadiens-trade-andrew-shaw-back-to-chicago-blackhawks

TMA

The Mad Ape

Jun 30, 2019, 6:00:01 PM6/30/19
Making a play for Duchene?

TMA

Chuck

Jun 30, 2019, 6:02:50 PM6/30/19
I think he was too injury prone to counted on so his departure maybe not taken that the move was done just to free up cap space

Chuck

Jun 30, 2019, 6:08:28 PM6/30/19
Maybe, but I think they’d still move him even if Duchene wasn’t in play

mike

Jun 30, 2019, 7:23:45 PM6/30/19
On Sunday, 30 June 2019 19:08:28 UTC-3, Chuck wrote:
> Maybe, but I think they’d still move him even if Duchene wasn’t in play

Not so sure. The story goes that Chicago asked about him a couple of weeks ago and he wasn't available. I was hoping the team would add a legitimate #1 LHD tomorrow but it looks like room for a $10M-$11M deal has just been created. Barring a trade, Bergy may have addressed one hole on the team - it sure would be nice if he somehow addressed the remaining hole.

Chuck

Jun 30, 2019, 7:57:01 PM6/30/19
I think MB may take advantage of the increased cap space but I would not be surprised if MB doesn’t, instead choosing to take advantage of the roster spot for a rookie instead