Google Групи вече не поддържа нови публикации или абонаменти в Usenet. Съдържанието за минали периоди остава видимо.

Bye Bye DD

35 показвания
Преминаване към първото непрочетено съобщение

Chuck

непрочетено,
28.02.2017 г., 21:43:0528.02.17 г.
до
Edmonton bound

Gerry

непрочетено,
28.02.2017 г., 22:20:1528.02.17 г.
до
On Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 9:43:05 PM UTC-5, Chuck wrote:
> Edmonton bound

Well I didn't think they'd find a taker, I have to admit. Brandon Davidson certainly would have been a hotter commodity 12 months ago than he is today. But he's still a young-ish depth defender. Fairly affordably signed for next season. 25 years old, $1.425M cap hit next year.

In a way, Davidson reminds me of a couple years ago when Redmond was on a pretty terrible Colorado D, and he got some props and some analytics love or something, he was trending. But then the next year he couldn't hold a spot, and the year after he was in the minors.

Last year the Oilers D was nothing like this year. Davidson got a little more hype and exposure than anybody might have expected. And a contract to go with it. This year... he has 1 assist in 28 games and can't crack the top-6 for their D. So we probably shouldn't expect a lot.

But hey, we have 8D again... at least for 24 hours. Benn, Davidson, and Nesterov is a fresh look for #6/7/8 anyway. And with Benn and Davidson both signed for next year, it seems likely they're part of the overall plan.

So then the followup speculation is whether they have the depth now to trade Beaulieu.

l8r,
Gerry

Gerry

непрочетено,
28.02.2017 г., 22:32:5228.02.17 г.
до
On Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 9:43:05 PM UTC-5, Chuck wrote:
> Edmonton bound

And incidentally, I have no prediction whatsoever what DD will accomplish in Edmonton. He could do anything from a shocking renaissance and a near-ppg pace to falling into the pressbox and oblivion. Really no idea. His recent tenure in Habsland was such an oddity overall, it's hard to project what he'll do outside of that bubble.

Anyway, I wish him well. He seemed like a good guy, for all that he became a lightning rod for us. He had a couple good years where he was a fun and appreciated contributor too before things just got a little weird. And a few clutch moments even in the weird times.

l8r,
Gerry

The Mad Ape

непрочетено,
28.02.2017 г., 22:34:0828.02.17 г.
до
A new miracle on ice

TMA

The Mad Ape

непрочетено,
28.02.2017 г., 22:43:3828.02.17 г.
до
HIO: Late-breaking: DD dealt to Edmonton for Defenceman Brandon Davidson! Black armbands ordered for L’Antichambre.

Buwahahahaha

TMA
0 нови съобщения