So Kovalev says he could help

Mike

Jan 29, 2016, 3:34:46 PM1/29/16
Working out 5 days a week and thinks he could play. Wouldn't that be a
hoot? It would smack of utter desperation and I'd eat my hat if Bergy
pulled that off but to see him show up after a few years off and pot a
few goals and wake this team up? I'd laugh my ass off. Of course he'd
never pull it off but if anyone was able to it would be him.

Gerry

Jan 29, 2016, 3:52:16 PM1/29/16
I don't know... maybe he wasn't trying in the Winter Classic oldtimers game, but I didn't think he stood out there. His goal was pretty weak. The Recchi/Sturm/Samsonov trio looked better. Theodore was our star, Petrov was quicker than Kovalev I'd say, things kind of went off the rails when Sevigny came in net for the 3rd, but he's 58 and moves far better than I have in the past decade...

Anyway, Kovalev... maybe Carbo was a good coach for him, but I'm pretty sure it would be... "interesting"... to watch him under Therrien, regardless of what shape he's in... what else have we got to look forward to this season, after all? <thanks Bergevin for telling us in advance that the season is toast, this way we don't have to worry our pretty little heads about anything more serious than whether we can bring Kovalev out of retirement!>

l8r,
Gerry

Chuck

Jan 29, 2016, 4:05:15 PM1/29/16
If they are going to miss the playoffs sign him and make the rest of the season a little more interesting. If they do not want him as a player, hire him anyways give him a shot at fixing the power play, and either fire one of the assistants, or let them stick with assignments, their goal challenged careers indicate what they'd be better suited for

Chuck

Jan 29, 2016, 5:05:15 PM1/29/16
Another way to make it interesting. Give MT the rest of the season off. Then tell the players if they achieve a set amount of points they will be rewarded with a new coach. If they fail the task they get MT back

Mike

Jan 29, 2016, 6:51:16 PM1/29/16
On 16-01-29 06:05 PM, Chuck wrote:
> Another way to make it interesting. Give MT the rest of the season off. Then tell the players if they achieve a set amount of points they will be rewarded with a new coach. If they fail the task they get MT back

You got that backwards Chuck. "If you assholes suddenly pick up your
play with 3 weeks left in the season and move up to finish 9th or 10th,
you're getting MT back"

John Corbin

Jan 30, 2016, 4:40:16 AM1/30/16
Been there, done that

Mike

Jan 30, 2016, 8:12:51 AM1/30/16
On 16-01-30 05:40 AM, John Corbin wrote:
> Been there, done that

oh yeah, that ship has sailed.

The Mad Ape

Jan 31, 2016, 8:04:58 PM1/31/16
Would probably be their best player down the stretch!

TMA

jbro...@yahoo.com

Jan 31, 2016, 11:12:42 PM1/31/16
I played in a tournament against Kovalev last year. His hands were so ridiculously good it was impossible to do anything against him, but he looked like an "ex"-NHLer. I can't imagine how good Semin would have been, and he has no business on NHL ice right now.

The year before I actually played on a team with Tikkanen in Turku. He was only 49 but he looks about 70. He wouldn't help anybody right now either! Super cool guy to play with though; we were Canadians playing against Finns and they treated him like he was made of glass. I think he had 5 goals.