A Turnover Machine

gorgo...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2018, 10:32:00 PM12/31/18
OMG Benn may be a great guy and can make s lot of good plays but OMG what a turnover machine he is. White knuckles ever shift I watch him. In tonight's game he stumblebums the puck away then takes a penalty. Stars feast on the Habs PK group and it's 2-1. I've seen this scene with Benn as the star too many times I'm afraid. What bothers me most is that if Mete, Juulsen, Riley or Kulak had the same record of blunders they would be sitting or in Laval. Simply not fair.

Chuck

Dec 31, 2018, 11:25:52 PM12/31/18
In their own end they have too many defencemen who struggle with the puck. Fortunately for players like Petry make up for it or at least gets a plus in the offensive zone to equal things out a little. Keep up the scoring and start moving up in the plus/minus ranking and hopefully he can start a climb from the 262nd he held prior to the Dallas game!

The Mad Ape

Jan 1, 2019, 8:22:20 AM1/1/19
They won 4 of 6 on the road. Played 3 games in 4 nights.

That’s a good run.

TMA

Mike

Jan 1, 2019, 8:29:39 AM1/1/19
I'm actually impressed and surprised. I thought for certain that they'd
have their usual disaster of a road trip and be buried in the nether
regions by the time January 1 rolled around. Good on them. They deserved
every one of those 8 points and got robbed of at least one point in
Colorado. With a break here or there they could have gone 6-0. Now they
need to get Price back and shore up the D with a trade for a legit #1
pairing guy. Time to make a move I say.

Chuck

Jan 1, 2019, 9:40:12 AM1/1/19
Not sure if the defencemen they need are available right now. Unless acquired at a big discount a reclamation project at this point in the season is more likely to attract ire if they give up too much. Take a chance and wait and see if any rentals come available who could be extended after any trade. For now I think they should balance the icetime of the current crop of defence rather then over playing one whose pluses become minuses more often then not when playing top pair minutes. Unless the need the cap space, and since they have to pay him anyways designate Alzner as the official spare and once healthy trade/release/waive Schlemko. Just lock in the current six, nothing gained by platooning in Schlemko. Fill any LTIR player with a callup