Babcock - Toronto is Canada's Team

TheMadApe

May 21, 2015, 11:20:00 AM5/21/15
'Toronto is Canada's team and it is time to put it back on the map.'

I hate him already.

TMA

Mike

May 21, 2015, 1:53:27 PM5/21/15
A Stanley Cup is almost 50 years ancient history. I guess it takes a lot
less than what I imagined to call yourself Canada's team.

Chuck

May 21, 2015, 5:53:59 PM5/21/15
Checkout his NHL coaching resume, he has lots of experience winning with teams that were well built and expecting to win. His only black mark was missing the playoffs the last year he coached the Ducks. Ducks were willing to keep him on but he jumped to the Wings. Two years later the Ducks won the Cup, a year later the Wings won the cup. So how much patience will he have for the Leafs as they rebuild?

pawn

May 22, 2015, 6:21:21 PM5/22/15
But 23 years is contemporary?

Mike

May 23, 2015, 7:35:10 AM5/23/15
Are you able to read English? Where in there did I say 23 years was
contemporary? I also never said the Habs were Canada's team. Christ
pawn, go back to the Canucks loser group would ya?

pawn

May 23, 2015, 3:26:42 PM5/23/15
Hit a nerve? I'm just wondering if Habs fans will still be saying "127
years losers!" after they haven't won for a hundred years.

Canucks? Has my legacy been so shallow you don;t remember I'm a Leafs
fan? :(

TheMadApe

May 23, 2015, 3:30:42 PM5/23/15
Don't they have their own Newsgroup?

TMA

pawn

May 24, 2015, 10:38:20 AM5/24/15
Ahhhh this brings me back to the old days. The old, "I don't like what
you're saying and you're not welcome here" approach. Brings a
reminiscent tear to my eye.

TheMadApe

May 24, 2015, 11:49:53 AM5/24/15
Where did I say that? I asked a question and you laid out your 'Jump to
Conclusions' mat.

TMA

Mike

May 24, 2015, 3:19:09 PM5/24/15
Ape, the Leafs NG died many years ago. The last thread was a two post
one that pawn commented on in 2014. Previous to that there was a post
about Mike Palmeteer back in 2013. Evne the fans have given up on the
NG. Pawn is like the last great dinosaur.

TheMadApe

May 24, 2015, 6:25:41 PM5/24/15
LOL well using altnet dates us all.

Some have substituted it with forums and that debacle known as Reddit
but I will be here until my dying breath. And by judging how I feel
after a weekend of yard work & getting a pool opened up, that should be
any day now!

TMA

pawn

May 24, 2015, 11:06:05 PM5/24/15
Yes but my DNA is preserved in amber so your children's children can
experience a good prodding of common sense once in a while.

Preacher

May 25, 2015, 5:28:14 PM5/25/15

"pawn" wrote in message news:yZN7x.11835$Wq5....@fx16.iad...
__________________

Trolling again? What's next, "Top post deleted, unread"?

No one here says Montreal is Canada's team. NO ONE. Which is why we call
Babcock's (and a large percentage of Leaf fans who stupidly say the
same)statement bullshit.

Steve

---

Mike

May 26, 2015, 8:30:12 AM5/26/15
"Top post deleted". Jesus, I wonder what happened to old butter boy.
Probably in a mental institution somewhere.

pawn

May 27, 2015, 6:12:14 PM5/27/15
But really though, that was pretty weak trolling if you even want to
label it that. And for the record, I've never met a Leafs fan that
actually said the words "The Leafs are Canada's team." It's mostly
loudmouths in the media, and maybe the odd idiotic fan of which both our
favourite teams have plenty.

Mike

May 27, 2015, 6:18:22 PM5/27/15
The only reason Babcock took the position anyway was because it came
with the promise of having every spring off.

pawn

May 28, 2015, 12:25:50 AM5/28/15
Disappointing.