Sigh. It's just sad now

mike

Oct 20, 2017, 10:50:38 PM10/20/17
This group can't do shit right now. Every mistake they make ends up on the scoreboard. No question they're bad, real bad but holy shit theyre down 3-0 and all 3 goals have gone in off an unattended deflection. It's unbelievable. They're terrible and guilty of some bad plays but they're getting no breaks at all and their confidence is at 0
Craig Button can't believe what he's setting. If Molson still believes in this lot then I want some of that wampum he's smoking.

Mike

Oct 21, 2017, 8:04:14 AM10/21/17
On 2017-10-20 11:50 PM, mike wrote:
> This group can't do shit right now. Every mistake they make ends up on the scoreboard. No question they're bad, real bad but holy shit theyre down 3-0 and all 3 goals have gone in off an unattended deflection. It's unbelievable. They're terrible and guilty of some bad plays but they're getting no breaks at all and their confidence is at 0
> Craig Button can't believe what he's setting. If Molson still believes in this lot then I want some of that wampum he's smoking.

I just feel really bad for them now - that's how fast this has gone down
hill. I went from bewilderment to frustration to anger to acceptance in
2 weeks. They're not this bad, a QMJHL team could play better than this.
Price isn't this bad, Pacioretty, even though he tends to float, isn't
this bad. But good Lord is there no bottom here?

I stand by what I said last week. 4 points on this road swing and maybe
things would be fine, 2 and they're dancing with the devil - 0 and its
over. Mark your calendars - Its October 21 and the Habs have
realistically put themselves out of the playoffs. 95 points occupied the
last playoff spot last year. For the Habs they'll need to play at a .621
clip from now on just to reach the lofty heights of 95 points. Ain't
happening. Not with the Apple Dumpling Gang. Put up the Yard Sale sign.
Its over. Plekanec, Pacioretty, Gallagher, Shaw, Mitchell, Petry, Alzner
- they should all be gone by the time this year ends. Oh yeah, Bergevin
too. He's the designer of this mess. Time for him to take his bow too.
Actually, if he had any self respect at all, he'd resign.

Oct 21 and the sport that usually keeps things interesting for me in the
winter is already over. Shame.

Nyssa

Oct 21, 2017, 9:01:27 AM10/21/17
The Habs of this season have become the Avs of last season.

We are now a lottery pick team. From first place in the
division to near the bottom of the entire league.

So now we know what MB's real 5 year plan was: to get us a
lottery pick. And it only took 6 years to do it!

I tried listening to last night's game, but when it got to
3-0, I pulled the plug. There's only so much misery one can
take this early in the season.

Nyssa, who may have to pick a fall-back team to cheer for
that actually might have a chance to be entertaining this
season

gorgo...@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2017, 9:35:16 AM10/21/17
I missed the 1st but watched the 2nd and 3rd. They were truly impressive in tge 2nd. Ducks were lost and had no answers to the pace and intensity Habs showed. 30 shots! A franchise record! Still though, only getting 2 goals was the key. They should have popped a couple more. Then the 3rd. How could it have shifted so bad. In reality, the play was pretty equal until bang, bang, bang. Peeps are sniping at Price but I wouldn't say they were bad goals. Alzner looked like an asshole on one. The one from the sideboards after the broken stick point shot was a pure luck, bad break... yet another one against the Habs. Was a beauty of a one timer though. Simply a case of the Ducks capitalizing on a break while Habs squander break after break. How could MaxPac miss the net on that sweet setup from Gallagher?

What pissed me off most was the Bieksa v Shaw incident. Bieksa gets a double minor for that!? He punched Shaw in the face 5 times with no retaliation from Shaw at all for Christ sake! He gets a minor for that!!?? Bieksa should have got 5 for the first incident and another 2 for when Shaw went back at him. Shaw should have received 2 for when he jumped Bieksa. Craig Button was bang on... it was a discusting missed call by the ref. Again, Shaw gets the shaft. Habs should be making a formal complaint to the league about the referee mistreatment Shaw has been receiving.

Jim Bauch

Oct 21, 2017, 12:06:55 PM10/21/17
On Saturday, October 21, 2017 at 6:35:16 AM UTC-7, gorgo...@gmail.com wrote:
> I missed the 1st but watched the 2nd and 3rd. They were truly impressive in tge 2nd. Ducks were lost and had no answers to the pace and intensity Habs showed. 30 shots! A franchise record! Still though, only getting 2 goals was the key. They should have popped a couple more. Then the 3rd. How could it have shifted so bad. In reality, the play was pretty equal until bang, bang, bang. Peeps are sniping at Price but I wouldn't say they were bad goals. Alzner looked like an asshole on one. The one from the sideboards after the broken stick point shot was a pure luck, bad break... yet another one against the Habs. Was a beauty of a one timer though. Simply a case of the Ducks capitalizing on a break while Habs squander break after break. How could MaxPac miss the net on that sweet setup from Gallagher?

Yeah, certainly part of the story here is bad luck. Even shitty teams don't go 1-6-1 in the NHL without some bad luck.

> What pissed me off most was the Bieksa v Shaw incident. Bieksa gets a double minor for that!? He punched Shaw in the face 5 times with no retaliation from Shaw at all for Christ sake! He gets a minor for that!!?? Bieksa should have got 5 for the first incident and another 2 for when Shaw went back at him. Shaw should have received 2 for when he jumped Bieksa. Craig Button was bang on... it was a discusting missed call by the ref. Again, Shaw gets the shaft. Habs should be making a formal complaint to the league about the referee mistreatment Shaw has been receiving.

I continue to be amazed at how the NHL has an instigator penalty that it refuses to use. For all that some people talk about its effects, how it supposedly leaves poor superstars vulnerable because enforcers can't protect them, etc. etc., referees seem to HATE calling it.

To me, this was textbook. Bieksa follows Shaw around, cross-checks him, pushes him up against the net, then drops his gloves and starts throwing. Now, Shaw was no angel during that series of events, but he wasn't interested in a fight until Bieksa decided that there would be one. This was even outside the ten-minute mark, so the refs didn't have to worry about the automatic-except-when-we-rescind-it-because-it's-Gretzky coach's fine.

Now Shaw was risking trouble, too, when he subsequently charged in when Shaw was being held by the officials, which I assume was the basis for his misconduct.

Jim

gorgo...@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2017, 4:34:59 PM10/21/17
Shaw was chewing out the refs so that might be why the misconduct. Then again, Bieska got one too and I'd wager it was so they'd be gone from the game so no chance of further festivities. Still though, Bieska shoulda got 5 plus the other 2 and Shaw shoulda just got 2. What did they see Bieska do that was not a fight?