Dont read this Nyssa

Mike

May 19, 2017, 11:17:15 AM5/19/17
Rumour du jour is that your pet is on the block. This according to
Georges Laraque. Now he may have got that information from Mr Knowledge
over on hockeybuzz in which case is as as much chance as being true as
the last thing that came out of Trump's mouth. I wouldn't put it past
the Foxhole though. Another prize piece wasted.

Gerry

May 19, 2017, 11:41:09 AM5/19/17
Well, I don't think you even really have to have a source to come up with this one. Captain Obvious could be your source.

Habs don't ever seem to have warmed up to Galchenyuk, his bridge contract is up and he has arbitration rights now. The team doesn't have a ton of other attractive assets to offer in any big trade to acquire a center. Galchenyuk being on the block is not going to take anybody by surprise. It would be shooting fish in a barrel for hockeybuzz to e4 this at the least.

l8r,
Gerry

Nyssa

May 19, 2017, 12:41:45 PM5/19/17
Yeah, this isn't coming as a total surprise. With all
the negative commentary I've been hearing the past few
weeks, it's been like a beatuponGalchenyuk committee was
formed to talk about how bad he is going forward.

Short memories and retcons.

As long as he doesn't end up on one of my Most Hated Teams
(Philly, Wash, any in Cali, for example), I'll hope that
a new, RESPONSIBLE coach and regime will put him back on
track along. No more mixmaster linemates and switching
back and forth between center and wing (which always
reminded me of Bugs and Daffy...DUCK season, no WABBIT
season!).

I'll miss my pet just as I miss PK. And just like with
PK, I'll hope that Chuckie will show the Foxhole idiot how
wrong they were and how badly his development was managed
over the five years.

It's not like the cupboard is full of other would-be
game changers either. So they're wasting one more with
nothing in the bank waiting to replace him. Seems to be
a pattern that continues too.

Can someone please hand me some chocolate? I need to
drown my sorrows and since I don't drink chocolate is
my drug of choice. <sigh>

Nyssa, who wonders which once-promising prospect will be
on the out of town bus next

Chuck

May 19, 2017, 3:38:31 PM5/19/17
I see little value exchanging Galchenyuk for either Stepan or Miller. Galchenyuk will outscore both of them (individually). Stepan has good playoff stats. His regular season stats may just turn out to be a sideways move. His cap hit will make it difficult to increase depth of top line players. Galchenyuk remains a cheaper option for another season. They were fleeced by the Rangers on Gomez trade. I just can't see them returning the favour by overpaying for Galchenyuk

Gerry

May 19, 2017, 5:33:45 PM5/19/17
What I would fear is that they undervalue Galchenyuk so much that they throw in some additional futures in an otherwise sideways-at-best move in the process of tripping all over themselves being in such a hurry to move Galchenyuk.

Has anybody seen Duchene at the WC? He's not particuarly noticeable IMHO. He has 1 goal (no assists) in 8 games. I know he's a pretty decent player and all, but he is not going to score a ton. He doesn't generate offense a lot. I'm thinking he's maybe a little like Plekanec in his good old days. A quick and responsible 2-way center, but not a difference maker. Folks hold a certain amount of giddiness over a high draft pick or Team Canada member... but the real reality is that there's nothing really all that special about Duchene. Where's the giddiness over the high draft pick of Galchenyuk, btw?

If they made this kind of move, and throw in a 1st round pick or something just to close their imaginary "reputation" gap, it's not going to be a good deal.

Again.

l8r,
Gerry

Ed

May 20, 2017, 9:40:35 AM5/20/17
I'm with Gerry on Duchene. Sort of kept an eye on him during the regular season and didn't see or hear much positive. Even on a weak team, he 'should' have shown more.

I have seen parts of Canada games at the WC and not much from him there either.

Not sure what he'd be worth in a trade but certainly much less than a year or two ago.

Watching the SF vs. Russia now. Let's see what he does.

Ed

Chuck

May 20, 2017, 9:46:56 AM5/20/17
Teams likely to give up 1st round picks will be picks beyond the range of straight into the NHL type players, meaning any player who'd be at least 3 to 4 years away from a NHL roster spot. Hardly an immediate fix