Pateryn and Therrien

Mike

Feb 18, 2017, 8:02:23 AM2/18/17
https://twitter.com/JBernierJDM/status/832725753905160194
"I felt I had someone breathing on my neck."

Yep - that's our Therrien. Young guy makes a mistake and he' stapled to
the bench or sits for a few days. I don't think Therrien will ever see a
head coach gig again. He's had 3 cracks at it and his bullying and abuse
of young players is now in the open and well known. Anitchambre for you
buddy now. You can pick on players there all you like. You're just
another voice in the crowd.

Nyssa

Feb 18, 2017, 8:47:57 AM2/18/17
And he cost us PK, the damage of which to the team will be
felt down the road when Weber starts showing his age and
PK is back to being in contention for the Norris.

If only this move could have come sooner!

I hope that Pateryn and the other kids now can get the
ice time and real coaching/mentoring they need to develop
into the best they can be at the NHL level.

Let's hope the nightmare is finally and truly over.

Nyssa, who is looking forward to this afternoon's game
with her pet on the first line

Mike

Feb 18, 2017, 10:07:23 AM2/18/17
Your pet seemed pretty stoked after the practice. God how I hope he
cranks it up. It would be a great indictment on Michel Therrien.

Nyssa

Feb 18, 2017, 11:17:48 AM2/18/17
Good to hear, re my pet. I hope the other players are as
excited to show what they can really do when not reined
in by an unimaginative, ultra-conservative coach.

Drop the puck!

Nyssa, who will be glued to her Sirius radio at 2pm

Gerry

Feb 21, 2017, 4:02:14 PM2/21/17
Well I see some stories about Pateryn today related to Tweets his wife made. It would be a shame if they have to sell too low on him, but it sounds like the sort of thing that will get him shuffled out of town tout de suite, regardless.

He seemed to me like a player who might have benefited a lot from the coaching change. He's a viable NHL candidate IMHO, so if some team does pick him up for peanuts, they'll be getting a decent player.

l8r,
Gerry

Chuck

Feb 21, 2017, 5:01:59 PM2/21/17
If they do trade him it will be as part of a package, offered up as an add on from a "choose one" of list

Gerry

Feb 22, 2017, 8:40:30 AM2/22/17
On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 5:01:59 PM UTC-5, Chuck wrote:
> If they do trade him it will be as part of a package, offered up as an add on from a "choose one" of list

Maybe, if they have a deal of that magnitude incoming. But it's a seller's market and they may already have made their big move just with the coaching change. They could also do something like shuffling Pateryn off for a 5th round pick or other depth player/prospect. I could see it going either way. But with the definite expectation that he does get moved, anyway. For a change, it seems like maybe the media/public aren't getting too wrapped up in this incident? It seemed to me like the sort of thing that in past years might have gotten blown out of all proportion?

l8r,
Gerry

Chuck

Feb 22, 2017, 9:28:03 AM2/22/17
His movement in/out of the line doesn't appear to be performance driven. Looks more like showcasing. No need to give DD anymore playing time as I think a decision has already been made. Current delay in moving DD could be just to ensure he is healthy at the deadline

Chuck

Feb 22, 2017, 9:44:41 AM2/22/17
TSN reported, Pateryn is on the trading block? Pateryn has always been on it, just a question of what offers flow in. Who knows, maybe CJ will like him more then Nesterov. Unless he is moved due to pickups who would push the team to the cap limit, creating need to free some room, I doubt he would be moved yet in a simple roster space clearing transaction. During the offseason I think a move would be a certainty.

Gerry

Feb 22, 2017, 10:21:23 AM2/22/17
I think the move is considered a more immediate likelihood, just because the Habs don't put up with controversial stuff like that, never have. If you're a #6/7/8 d-man whose spot on the team is in question anyway, then they would rather continue to show Zero Tolerance for controversy than worry about maximizing the return on a minor asset. Alas.

l8r,
Gerry

The Mad Ape

Feb 22, 2017, 11:53:58 AM2/22/17
Shoukd keep him for the expansion draft

TMA

gorgo...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2017, 7:51:00 AM2/23/17
Been hearkng lots on TSN 690 about this Twitter shitstorm creared by Pateryn's wife. They keep alluding to some controversial anti-French comments by her but nobody spells out just what she said. Anybody know just what the comments were and can you share them? As for me, I'm inclined to give Pateryn a pass especially since it was his wife, not him, that said them. One of the francophone talking heads said that he, personally, wasn't offended by what was said.

Nyssa

Feb 23, 2017, 9:10:57 AM2/23/17
I second the request. I heard the incident mentioned in
passing, but no solid details or quotes.

I also agree that since it was his wife and not Pateryn
himself, he should be given a pass, although a mention
to said wife about decorum, job security, and paydays
might not be out of order.

Nyssa, who knows that one adult cannot be responsible for
another adult's actions

Stanley

Feb 23, 2017, 9:44:26 AM2/23/17
On Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 7:51:00 AM UTC-5, gorgo...@gmail.com wrote:
> Been hearkng lots on TSN 690 about this Twitter shitstorm creared by Pateryn's wife. They keep alluding to some controversial anti-French comments by her but nobody spells out just what she said. Anybody know just what the comments were and can you share them? As for me, I'm inclined to give Pateryn a pass especially since it was his wife, not him, that said them. One of the francophone talking heads said that he, personally, wasn't offended by what was said.

If you google "Pateryn wife" her comments will come up on the first page of the search results. I don't want to repeat them, they are pretty crude. I can see how the Francophone establishment wouldn't like it either.

Stanley

Mike

Feb 23, 2017, 10:21:10 AM2/23/17
She picked the wrong time to open her yap - new coach and all. I suspect
Pateryn would have found himself in the lineup over Nesterov eventually.
Only way out of this for Pateryn is to give her the heave-ho unless he's
already demanded the trade. Too bad really. I always felt he'd be a good
bottom pairing guy and maybe a #4 guy. Another young player who was sent
to the Therrien Abuse School. A shame.

Gerry

Feb 23, 2017, 10:27:59 AM2/23/17
She deleted her twitter and sure, it's not Pateryn himself, but in the past I generally found the Habs to be pretty over-the-top reactionary to any whiff of controversy...

http://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/breaking-after-demanding-trade-nhl-player-s-wife-makes-bigoted-comments-towards-the-coach

I'll not be surprised if Pateryn is on the move before the deadline. Not saying he should be or that it's right for them to blame him for his wife's indiscretion, just, it's what I would expect from the org.

l8r,
Gerry

Chuck

Feb 23, 2017, 12:04:36 PM2/23/17
Montreal needs to figure out why they cannot develop defencemen. Some how they always sour on thier homegrown players.

Gerry

Feb 23, 2017, 12:50:50 PM2/23/17
On Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 12:04:36 PM UTC-5, Chuck wrote:
> Montreal needs to figure out why they cannot develop defencemen. Some how they always sour on thier homegrown players.

They fixed their longstanding coaching issue on the big team. But they still have a similarly lingering issue to address on the farm. It doesn't get much attention from the mainstream, but once they shift to Laval for next season, there ought to be a slightly bigger spotlight shining on the situation on the farm.

l8r,
Gerry

The Mad Ape

Feb 23, 2017, 2:14:24 PM2/23/17