Good, simple Montreal stats page

Marty

Jan 31, 2015, 8:56:26 PM1/31/15
If you're old school like me, here is a nice simple page to read the Hab's
player stats.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/stats/_/name/mtl/montreal-canadiens

I mention it because a while ago TSN decided to update their stats page, I
am guessing for phones. It's a joke. The stats are spread over THREE pages
(can people on phone not scroll or something?), and there are many less
columns. I tried a couple of other pages before finding ESPN. It'sgood
because it has a good stats page AND you can, if you wish, take a quick
look at the schedule or other Hab's news/information. They have a nice
line along the top with the Hab's leaders, and clicking on a player brings
you to a profile page with stats of any type you want to look at. Not
saying it's the best, but after perusing several pages with this bizarre
"only 8-12 players per page" issue that TSN adopted, I know it is better
than a lot of what is out there.

Note - After writing this, I did take a look at TSN again, and seems they
added more columns, but still unforgivably only show 10 people per page.
You also have to hit a scroll right arrow to see the extended stats. I
prefer ESPN's interface where I just click "extended" stats if I want to
see the more meaningless/obscure stats, and it gives a page of those.

Feel free to share your favourite stats page's or hockey resources. It's
weird, I probably used TSN as a main web resource for over a decade, but I
hate their web interface now. Combined with them losing both the national
NHL feeds and the Hab's local broadcasts, they are basically just dead to
me now. Too bad. I did like some of the personalities.

Marty

TheMadApe

Feb 1, 2015, 9:14:38 AM2/1/15
Blame that on monetizing. They want the extra pages to serve up more
ads. It is the all might dollar that they are chasing.

TMA

Jim Bauch

Feb 1, 2015, 2:03:18 PM2/1/15
On Saturday, January 31, 2015 at 5:56:26 PM UTC-8, Marty wrote:
> If you're old school like me, here is a nice simple page to read the Hab's
> player stats.
>
> http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/stats/_/name/mtl/montreal-canadiens

Yeah, I've always found it ironic that ESPN's hockey pages are more user-friendly, even though ESPN as a whole hasn't cared two shits about hockey since it stopped broadcasting it.

Jim

Marty

Feb 2, 2015, 10:09:50 PM2/2/15
It is the weird part about mentioning them. Hard to believe that a
Canadian NHL web page it outclassed by an uncaring American sports
website. I'm pretty sure TSN should be ashamed by this.

Marty

Habscout

Feb 4, 2015, 5:48:18 PM2/4/15
Nice web page. I usually ignore ESPN but I'll bookmark this one.

Thanks Marty.

-Norm