Fixation on icetime

Chuck

Oct 31, 2017, 11:33:34 AM10/31/17
http://www.tsn.ca/big-names-declining-ice-time-and-trade-speculation-1.901388

Or it could just be a sign the talent around the player with declining icetime are playing better eliminating the need to over play certain players

Chuck

Oct 31, 2017, 12:14:43 PM10/31/17
Neither Max Pac or Galchenyuk are more productive with cranked up TOI. Galchenyuk if the increase comes from PPs can be more productive more 5 on 5 time hasn’t been a benefit. Max Pac’s PP drought begs the question that his PP time should be minimal 2nd unit PP time. Max TOI is seen as a bragging point for Norris candidate defencemen. Does it really help forwards?

Mike

Oct 31, 2017, 4:34:42 PM10/31/17
On 2017-10-31 01:14 PM, Chuck wrote:
> Neither Max Pac or Galchenyuk are more productive with cranked up TOI. Galchenyuk if the increase comes from PPs can be more productive more 5 on 5 time hasn’t been a benefit. Max Pac’s PP drought begs the question that his PP time should be minimal 2nd unit PP time. Max TOI is seen as a bragging point for Norris candidate defencemen. Does it really help forwards?

Max is a terrible passer of the puck. I see him constantly on the half
wall putting passes on the other teams sticks, in legs, missing the
point. I'd put him on the second unit as well but we cant do that to the
captain now can we?
Message has been deleted

Chuck

Nov 1, 2017, 12:31:40 PM11/1/17
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Brandon-Smillie/Canadiens-Bring-The-Pain-in-8-3-Victory-Over-Senators/248/88551

Read the chart of notable stats from Montreal’s 8 - 3 win, the least productive forward on the list had the most TOI amongst the forwards on the list

gorgo...@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2017, 7:55:24 AM11/2/17
I could not agree more. MaxPac is an average passer at best. Period. On the PP it is really apparent. Why he plays that sidewall distribution position I don't know. He is a terrible distributer of the puck. Clearly, opposing teams know this as they swarm him almost instantly and he usually makes either poor passing decisions or poor execution. His zone entries are poor too and he won't go to the front often enough. Chucky isn't a hell of a lot better unfortunately. Just look what an addition of someone like Drouin does. He'excellent at entries and is an A plus distributer. He needs a better dance partner on the far sidewall. Sorry MaxPac, you gotta go from the No 1 PP unit.