Ape will agree - NB is where theNHL can resume safely

mike

May 3, 2020, 7:40:26 AM5/3/20
Of all the places in North America for the NHL to safely resume playing
- New Brunswick makes the most sense.

First let me say this, I'm basing this on the fact that by all accounts
they're looking for 4 separate arena to plays and there will be no fans.
Given that, New Brunswick is the ideal location.

The NHL can bring in the players, coaches, staff and their families to a
province with 0 active cases of Covid-19. The province is in total
lockdown and will likely remain that way for a few months. After the
players/families and staff isolate for 2 weeks they can resume a
semi-normal life.

There are 4 large modern arena complexes for the teams - TD Centre in
SJ, Avenir Centre in Moncton, Coliseum in Moncton and the Aitken Centre
in Fredericton. For practice locations there is the 4 Plex in Moncton
and a collection of rinks in Fredericton, SJ and Moncton and a 4 lane
highway connecting all 3 cities that are within an hour of each other,
more or less.

Make it happen Bettman! You know it makes sense.

:-)

The Mad Ape

May 10, 2020, 5:59:48 AM5/10/20
You’ve got my vote.
2 active cases
Could even put fans in the seats. At least 1/3 of them.

Make this happen.

TMA

gorgo...@gmail.com

May 10, 2020, 2:54:23 PM5/10/20
You could easily add PEI to your list. They've been in even better shape Covid wise than NB was.

The Mad Ape

May 13, 2020, 8:09:45 AM5/13/20
On Sunday, May 10, 2020 at 3:54:23 PM UTC-3, gorgo...@gmail.com wrote:
> You could easily add PEI to your list. They've been in even better shape Covid wise than NB was.

Border will be closed until at least July so can't happen. Automatic 2 week quarantine for crossing the border.

Habs are still in it ;)

TMA

mike

May 15, 2020, 7:38:14 AM5/15/20
Will be interesting if the NHL does resume and goes into the playoffs in
a tournament-like scenario. Price in nets for a short tournament? You
just never know. Sad thing is - no parade :-(

The 2020 Covid Cup!

The Mad Ape

May 23, 2020, 7:32:12 PM5/23/20
Habs play Pens in first round. Best of 5.

I read an interview with Eller. There’s a lot of aspects about playing. Basically players will be isolated from their families the entire time. Eller has a kid on the way in August. It’ll be tough if the family can’t be together.

Also saw it may pose difficult to get the over 20% of NHL players that are not in North America back.

TMA

mike

May 25, 2020, 11:39:35 AM5/25/20
I'm still of the mind that this is a terrible idea. Its only going to
take a couple sick players to turn this entire thing to shit. Too risky
imo. I think they should aim for a late start to the next season -
December. By then they'll have a good idea if the Americans are still
stepping on their dicks with this whole thing.

Gerry

May 25, 2020, 2:44:52 PM5/25/20
On Monday, May 25, 2020 at 11:39:35 AM UTC-4, mike wrote:

> I'm still of the mind that this is a terrible idea. Its only going to
> take a couple sick players to turn this entire thing to shit. Too risky
> imo. I think they should aim for a late start to the next season -
> December. By then they'll have a good idea if the Americans are still
> stepping on their dicks with this whole thing.

I would agree with this. Especially if they are really going to try to force players who don't want to be there to isolate from their families the whole time. If I was a player in that situation like Eller's, and I had built up a reasonable bank account and had a reasonable reputation, I'd probably just refuse to report. Go ahead and suspend me or terminate my contract. I'm doing fine, it's not worth the risk or missing out on important life events just to play a game.

That only works for the more established players, of course. And it only works for the ones who actually feel that strongly about it. Many probably aren't too bothered by the risk or a couple months on their own in Vegas.

As for the Habs... let's see if they make anything of their token playoff opportunity. Their odds of winning a higher draft pick in the lottery weren't great, but presumably now they shouldn't even be in the lottery. The NHL hasn't announced the plans in that regard, but it would make sense if only the 7 non-playoff teams were in the lottery. Au revoir to any last hopes of sneaking away with Lafreniere.

l8r,
Gerry

Jim Bauch

May 26, 2020, 7:05:04 PM5/26/20
Nope -- first round "play-in" losers will be eligible for the lottery. Habs getting quite the reward for their mediocrity. Already lucking out a fair bit, in that we were eight points behind the next team up, and just three ahead of the Sabres (who had two games in hand, so just a .007 win percentage difference).

Jim

mike

May 27, 2020, 1:03:25 PM5/27/20
yes. Only downside, no Romanov. Would hve been great to watch the kid.

Anyway, I'm still in the doubtful category. Don't think it should be
taking place and doubtful it will.

The Mad Ape

May 29, 2020, 6:59:22 AM5/29/20
NB is now off the table. No longer safe. Thanks to an imported doctor from the Congo who thought rules didn’t apply to him and has caused a second wave to start in NB.

Not sure if it’s true yet, but Facebook people in the area say the first 90 year old he infected was his father and he died yesterday.

We should hear about it today if true.

PIECE OF SHIT.

TMA

mike

May 29, 2020, 10:24:51 AM5/29/20
Jesus feffing Christ. I saw that too.

visiblink

May 30, 2020, 10:06:16 PM5/30/20
Reasonable until the end of the third paragraph. I don't understand
the 'hate' culture the internet has exposed. I never have. The man made
a serious error that is going to cost others dearly. I hope the
consequences weigh on his conscience proportionately, but I see no
reason to spew venom about it.

mike

May 31, 2020, 9:26:48 AM5/31/20
I could actually understand it if he was a civilian but he was a Doctor
ffs. I think that in this pandemic era, a Doctor, of all people, would
know the danger he is putting thousands of his patients in by doing what
he did. Its not out of the realm of possibility that he may eventually
be responsible for the death of some of his patients given that two of
them are in their 90's and now are in ICU. I actually see no difference
in what he did than had he drove to his office/hospital stone dead drunk
and ran over someone. To me, that qualifies as a piece of shit.

Having said all that, what I do not agree with is the publication of his
name and picture on social media. That's just as irresponsible as he is.
We're not Americans after all.

visiblink

May 31, 2020, 10:10:23 PM5/31/20
On 2020-05-31, mike <mi...@mike.com> wrote:

> I could actually understand it if he was a civilian but he was a Doctor
> ffs. I think that in this pandemic era, a Doctor, of all people, would
> know the danger he is putting thousands of his patients in by doing what
> he did. Its not out of the realm of possibility that he may eventually
> be responsible for the death of some of his patients given that two of
> them are in their 90's and now are in ICU. I actually see no difference
> in what he did than had he drove to his office/hospital stone dead drunk
> and ran over someone. To me, that qualifies as a piece of shit.
>
> Having said all that, what I do not agree with is the publication of his
> name and picture on social media. That's just as irresponsible as he is.
> We're not Americans after all.

I agree with everything you've said. I just wouldn't call someone a
piece of shit. Perhaps charges are in order.

The Mad Ape

Jun 4, 2020, 11:12:25 AM6/4/20
Now we have a death because if this selfish asshat. I sure as hell hope that he’s charged criminally but he won’t be.

What really pisses me off are the apologists and refusal of the doctor to accept responsibility. He’s actually trying to blame it on a patient.

What also pisses me off, is now he’s playing the victim hiding behind the race card.

TMA