WJCs - Anyone Watching?

Phil Parent

Dec 26, 2003, 7:08:24 AM12/26/03
I was just wondering if any regulars would watch the World Junior
Championships, despite the fact that no Habs are in the tourney...and no
there aren't any, I've checked the rosters.

I'm thinking Canada will win. They haven't in a couple of years now and they
have the best goalie out there.

lawdogjr

Dec 26, 2003, 8:12:44 AM12/26/03
I only have DirecTV and I doubt it will be
broadcast on it, otherwise I would have.

"Phil Parent" <ph...@enter-net.com> wrote in message

George O'Reilly

Dec 26, 2003, 9:29:44 AM12/26/03
Surely you jest. The WJT is my hockey highlight of the year since our
Habs have been in a doldrum of mediocrity for ad ecade or so. I have
the beer cool and await todays first game.

Roy

Dec 26, 2003, 12:24:04 PM12/26/03
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=6512&mode=threaded&order=0

they have prospects playing

P.Barsalo

Dec 26, 2003, 3:13:14 PM12/26/03
George O'Reilly <go...@accesswave.ca> wrote in message news:<kAXGb.175606$PD3.5...@nnrp1.uunet.ca>...

> Surely you jest. The WJT is my hockey highlight of the year since our
> Habs have been in a doldrum of mediocrity for ad ecade or so. I have
> the beer cool and await todays first game.

Me too. I was pleasantly surprised to see the game was on CTV. I hope
more of them are. A great effort by our young guys. Fleury wasn't very
busy. Nothing spectacular from Crosby yet, but he showed a few moves.
They should have a good run at the gold imo. Canada has to take
advantage of those long passes like the Finns did.

Man I wish the NHL would adopt some of those rules, like abolish the
red line and bring back the delayed off-side rule. This game just flew
right along.

Go Team Go

Pierre

Phil Parent

Dec 26, 2003, 3:56:05 PM12/26/03
That first one was easy, wasn't it? 1st game, 1st shutout for Fleury.

I don't fear anybody in our pool....BUT the Swiss. I think it will be the
first time that Canada will take on a goalie of the Quebec Goalie Factory
when they take on Switzerland, I'm talking about Daniel Manzato. Could he
beat Canada at their own game. I say no, because the Swiss are still
emerging as a solid competitor, but look out. Pride and his QGF learnings
could make Manzato a bitch to beat.

Phil Parent

Dec 26, 2003, 4:04:24 PM12/26/03
Indeed. Katsitsyn doesn't count since Belarus is in Group B, though. I
should have caught on Korneev and Linhart. Korpikari and Halak...well...no.
Goalies in the Habs organization do not have a bright future with Theodore
and all...so Halak...And Korpikari...well the last two Finnish D-Men I've
seen play with the Habs were Marko "I Can't Believe I Flew 10,000 Miles From
Turku To Here And The First Thing They Asked Was That I Get My Hair Cut"
Kiprusoff and Martti "F*ck You Guys, I'm Going Back Home" Jarventie. Heh.

"Roy" <agre...@roadrunner.nf.net> wrote in message