All-Time Thrashers - How They Came And Left

brian_greer

Mar 14, 2001, 10:36:59 AM3/14/01

This is a really long post, but it details all of these little moves with
players that Don has made. Left out was some draft pick trading, that didn't
involve any players.

This is something I had kept in a little file here at work, and thought
everyone might enjoy seeing how Don Waddell has "built this franchise" so
far. For those who don't know, Sarah and I are giving up our season tickets,
for reasons way beyond the Donald Audette trade (although that trade
certainly isn't making us regret our decision today).

Brian.

Damian Rhodes - Acquired from Ottawa Senators for future considerations.

Andrew Brunette - Acquired from Nashville Predators for conditional draft
pick.

Jamie Pushor - Acquired from Anaheim Mighty Ducks in Expansion Draft.
--- Traded to Dallas Stars for Jason Botterill.

Peter Ferraro - Acquired from Boston Bruins in Expansion Draft.
--- Traded to Boston Bruins for Randy Robitaille.

Ed Ward - Acquired from Calgary Flames in Expansion Draft.
--- Traded to Anaheim Mighty Ducks for conditional draft pick.

Trevor Kidd - Acquired from Carolina Hurricanes in Expansion Draft.
--- Traded to Florida Panthers for Gord Murphy, Herbert Vasilijevs,
rights to Daniel Tjarnqvist, and a sixth-round 2000 draft pick.

Sylvain Cloutier - Acquired from Chicago Blackhawks in Expansion Draft.
--- Traded to New Jersey Devils with Jeff Williams and a 2000 draft
pick for Eric Bertrand and Wes Mason.

Tomi Kallio - Acquired from Colorado Avalanche in Expansion Draft.

Petr Buzek - Acquired from Dallas Stars in Expansion Draft.

Norm Maracle - Acquired from Detroit Red Wings in Expansion Draft.

Kelly Buchberger - Acquired from Edmontion Oilers in Expansion Draft.
--- Traded to Los Angeles Kings with Nelson Emerson for Frantisek
Kaberle and Donald Audette.

Johan Garpenlov - Acquired from Florida Panthers in Expansion Draft.
--- Left via unrestricted free agency following 1999-2000 season.

Matt Johnson - Acquired from Los Angeles Kings in Expansion Draft.
--- Traded to Minnesota Wild for 2001 third round pick.

Brett Clark - Acquired from Montreal Canadiens in Expansion Draft.

Kevin Dean - Selected from New Jersey Devils in Expansion Draft.
--- Traded to Dallas Stars for future considerations.

David Harlock - Selected from New York Islanders in Expansion Draft.

Chris Tamer - Selected from New York Rangers in Expansion Draft.

Phil Crowe - Selected from Ottawa Senators in Expansion Draft.
--- Traded to Nashville Predators for future considerations.

Jody Hull - Selected from Philadelphia Flyers in Expansion Draft.
--- Traded to Philadelphia Flyers for future considerations.

Mike Stapleton - Selected from Phoenix Coyotes in Expansion Draft.
--- Left via unrestricted free agency following 1999-2000 season.

Maxim Galanov - Selected from Pittsburgh Penguins in Expansion Draft.
--- Left via unrestricted free agency following 1999-2000 season.

Terry Yake - Selected from St. Louis Blues in Expansion Draft.
--- Claimed by St. Louis Blues in Waiver Draft.

Alexei Yegorov - Selected from San Jose Sharks in Expansion Draft.
--- Released before 1999-2000 season.

Corey Schwab - Selected from Tampa Bay Lightning in Expansion Draft.
--- Traded to Vancouver Canucks for a conditional 2000 draft pick.

Yannick Tremblay - Selected from Toronto Maple Leafs in Expansion Draft.

Steve Staios - Selected from Vancouver Canucks in Expansion Draft.
--- Traded to New Jersey Devils for ninth-round 2000 draft pick.
--- Acquired from New Jersey Devils for future considerations.

Mark Tinordi - Selected from Washington Capitals in Expansion Draft.
--- --- Never signed to a contract by the team and rights are no
longer held by team.

Andreas Karlsson - Acquired from Calgary Flames for future considerations.

Scott Langkow - Acquired from Phoenix Coyotes for future considerations.
--- Traded to Anaheim Mighty Ducks with Sergei Vyshedkevich for
Ladislav Kohn.

Gord Murphy - Acquired from Florida Panthers with Herbert Vasilijevs, Daniel
Tjarnqvist, and a sixth-round 2000 Draft pick for Trevor Kidd.

Herbert Vasilijevs - Acquired from Florida Panthers with Gord Murphy, Daniel
Tjarnqvist, and a sixth-round 2000 Draft pick for Trevor Kidd.

Daniel Tjarnqvist - Acquired from Florida Panthers with Gord Murphy, Herbert
Vasilijevs, and a sixth-round 2000 Draft pick for Trevor Kidd.
--- Not signed to a contract yet.

Randy Robitaille - Acquired from Boston Bruins for Peter Ferraro.
--- Traded to Nashville Predators for Denny Lambert.

Ulf Samuelsson - Acquired from Detroit Red Wings for future considerations.
--- Signed to a contract by Philadelphia Flyers.
--- Compensatory pick was not awarded by the league.

Dean Sylvester - Acquired from Buffalo Sabres for future considerations.

Sergei Vyshedkevich - Acquired from New Jersey Devils for future
considerations.
--- Traded to Anaheim Mighty Ducks with Scott Langkow for Ladislav
Kohn.

Patrik Stefan - Drafted with first pick.

Luke Sellars - Drafted with second pick.
--- Not signed to a contract.

Zdenek Blatny - Drafted with third pick.

David Kaczowka - Drafted with fourth pick.
--- Not signed to a contract.

Rob Zepp - Drafted with fifth pick.
--- Not signed to a contract.

Derek MacKenzie - Drafted with sixth pick.
--- Not signed to a contract.

Yuri Dobryshkin - Drafted with seventh pick.

--- Not signed to a contract.

Stephen Baby - Drafted with eighth pick.
--- Not signed to a contract.

Garnet Exelby - Drafted with ninth pick.
--- Not signed to a contract.

Tommi Santala - Drafted with tenth pick.
--- Not signed to a contract.

Ray DiLauro - Drafted with eleventh pick.
--- Not signed to a contract.

Per Svartvadet - Acquired from Dallas Stars for sixth-round pick.

Bryan Adams - Signed as a free agent.

Hugo Boisvert - Signed to a free agent.

Kirby Law - Signed as a free agent.
--- Traded to Philadelphia Flyers for draft pick.

Dan Snyder - Signed as a free agent.

Bob Lachance - Signed as a free agent.
--- Allowed to leave via unrestricted free-agency following 1999-2000
season.

Jason Botterill - Acquired from Dallas Stars for Jamie Pushor.
--- Traded to Calgary Flames with Darryl Shannon for Hnat
Domenichelli and Dmitri Vlasenkov.

Martin Prochazka - Acquired from Toronto Maple Leafs for sixth-round 2001
draft pick.
--- Released after playing 3 games in the regular season (contract
was bought out).

Vladimir Vujtek - Signed as a free agent.
--- Released after playing 3 games in the regular season.

Nelson Emerson - Signed as a free agent.
--- Traded to Los Angeles Kings with Kelly Buchberger for Donald
Audette and Frantisek Kaberle.

Ray Ferraro - Signed as a free agent.

Geordie Kinnear - Signed as a free agent.
--- Traded to New Jersey Devils for future considerations.

Sean Ritchlin - Signed as a free agent.

Scott Fankhouser - Signed as a free agent.

Denny Lambert - Acquired from Nashville Predators for Randy Robitaille.

Jeff Williams - Claimed from New Jersey Devils in Waiver Draft.
--- Traded to New Jersey Devils with Sylvain Cloutier and 2000 draft
pick for Eric Bertrand and Wes Mason.

Ladislav Kohn - Claimed from Toronto Maple Leafs in Waiver Draft.
--- Traded to Anaheim Mighty Ducks for future considerations.
--- Acquired from Anaheim Mighty Ducks for Sergei Vyshedkevich and
Scott Langkow.

Mikko Kuparinen - Acquired from Tampa Bay Lightning for future
considerations.

Eric Bertrand - Acquired from New Jersey Devils with Wes Mason for Jeff
Williams, Sylvain Cloutier and 2000 draft pick.
--- Traded to Philadelphia Flyers for Brian Wesenberg.

Rick Tabarraci - Signed as a free agent.
--- Traded to Colorado Avalanche for Shean Donovan.

Shean Donovan - Acquired from Colorado Avalanche for Rick Tabbaracci.

Brian Wesenberg - Acquired from Philadelphia Flyers for Eric Bertrand.

Rumun Ndur - Acquired from New York Rangers on waivers.

Hnat Domenichelli - Acquired from Calgary Flames with Dmitri Vlasenkov for
Darryl Shannon and Jason Botterill.

Dmitri Vlasenkov - Acquired from Calgary Flames with Hnat Domenichelli for
Darryl Shannon and Jason Botterill.

Steve Guolla - Acquired from Tampa Bay Lightning on waivers.

Bill Huard - Acquired from Los Angeles Kings for future considerations.
--- Allowed to leave via unrestricted free-agency following 1999-2000
season.

Joel Irving - Acquired from Calgary Flames for future considerations.
--- Allowed to leave via unrestricted free-agency following 1999-2000
season.

Chris McAlpine - Acquired from Tampa Bay Lightning for Mikko Kuparinen.
--- Allowed to leave via unrestricted free-agency following 1999-2000
season.

Frantisek Kaberle - Acquired from Los Angeles Kings with Donald Audette for
Kelly Buchberger and Nelson Emerson.

Donald Audette - Acquired from Los Angeles Kings with Frantisek Kaberle for
Kelly Buchberger and Nelson Emerson.
--- Traded to Buffalo Sabres for Kamil Piros and 2001 4th round pick.

J.P. Vigier - Signed as a free agent.

Brian Pothier - Signed as a free agent.

Brad Tapper - Signed as a free agent.

Mike Weaver - Signed as a free agent.

Ben Simon - Acquired from Chicago Blackhawks for draft pick.

Adam Burt - Signed as a free agent.

Dany Heatley - Drafted with first pick.
--- Not signed to a contract.

Ilja Nikulin - Drafted with second pick.
--- Not signed to a contract.

Libor Ustrnul - Drafted with third pick.
--- Not signed to a contract.

Carl Mallette - Drafted with fourth pick.
--- Not signed to a contract.

Blake Robson - Drafted with fifth pick.
--- Not signed to a contract.

Matt McRae - Drafted with sixth pick.
--- Not signed to a contract.

Zdenek Smid - Drafted with seventh pick.
--- Not signed to a contract.

Jeff Dwyer - Drafted with eighth pick.
--- Not signed to a contract.

Darcy Hordichuk - Drafted with ninth pick.

Samu Isosalo - Drafted with tenth pick.
--- Not signed to a contract.

Evan Nielsen - Drafted with eleventh pick.
--- Not signed to a contract.

Eric Bowen - Drafted with twelth pick.
--- Not signed to a contract.

Peter Flache - Drafted with thirteenth pick.
--- Not signed to a contract.

Mark McRae - Drafted with fourteenth pick.
--- Not signed to a contract.

Simon Gamache - Drafted with fifteenth pick.
--- Not signed to a contract.

Sean McCann - Signed as a free agent.

Yves Sarault - Signed as a free agent.

Milan Hnilicka - Signed as a free agent.

Jarrod Skalde - Signed as a free agent.

Andrei Skopintsev - Signed as a free agent.

Jeff Odgers - Claimed from Minnesota Wild in Waiver Draft.

Jiri Slegr - Acquired from Pittsburgh Penguins for a draft pick.

Chris Joseph - Acquired from Phoenix Coyotes on waivers.

Kamil Piros - Acquired from Buffalo Sabres with 2001 4th round pick for
Donald Audette.
--- Not signed to a contract.

Mike

Mar 14, 2001, 3:27:06 PM3/14/01

Brian, Greer wrote:

> Trevor Kidd - Acquired from Carolina Hurricanes in Expansion Draft.
> --- Traded to Florida Panthers for Gord Murphy, Herbert Vasilijevs,
> rights to Daniel Tjarnqvist, and a sixth-round 2000 draft pick.

Makes you wonder what could have been.

Dr. Retribution

Mar 14, 2001, 4:32:15 PM3/14/01
"Mike" <mi...@mikejaeggi.com> wrote in message

I beg to differ, I think this one has worked out pretty well. Trevor Kidd
has lost jobs everywhere he's gone; he's currently backing up Luongo in
Miami. Murphy's been decent, Vasiljevs has shown flashes, and I have no
idea what happened to the other fellow. Knowing Waddell, I'm sure he's got
a wooden leg and/or glass eye or something by now.

Brian Greer

Mar 14, 2001, 7:27:09 PM3/14/01
On Wed, 14 Mar 2001 16:32:15 -0500, "Dr. Retribution"
<d...@kendrick.org> wrote:

>I beg to differ, I think this one has worked out pretty well. Trevor Kidd
>has lost jobs everywhere he's gone; he's currently backing up Luongo in
>Miami. Murphy's been decent, Vasiljevs has shown flashes, and I have no
>idea what happened to the other fellow. Knowing Waddell, I'm sure he's got
>a wooden leg and/or glass eye or something by now.

Trevor Kidd is still a major improvement over Rhodes, any day of the
week.

Tjarnqvist has never been signed. I think his rights disappear this
year or next. They'd better sign him. He is supposed to be decent, and
a highly ranked player inside Sweden.

Brian.

Dr. Retribution

Mar 15, 2001, 8:18:47 AM3/15/01
"Brian Greer" <tek...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> On Wed, 14 Mar 2001 16:32:15 -0500, "Dr. Retribution"
> <d...@kendrick.org> wrote:
>
> >I beg to differ, I think this one has worked out pretty well. Trevor
Kidd
> >has lost jobs everywhere he's gone; he's currently backing up Luongo in
> >Miami. Murphy's been decent, Vasiljevs has shown flashes, and I have no
> >idea what happened to the other fellow. Knowing Waddell, I'm sure he's
got
> >a wooden leg and/or glass eye or something by now.
>
> Trevor Kidd is still a major improvement over Rhodes, any day of the
> week.

Yeah -- but my point is that he's still shaky and subject to being
outplayed at any time. I'm not even considering Rhodes at this point. They
could take the shavings out of the Zamboni, build a snowman out of them, and
that snowman would have a better GAA and save percentage than Rhodes.

> Tjarnqvist has never been signed. I think his rights disappear this
> year or next. They'd better sign him. He is supposed to be decent, and
> a highly ranked player inside Sweden.

If I was Tjarnqvist I'd sign just so I could go buy a couple of vowels.