Funny little stat

theox...@yahoo.com

Jan 4, 2009, 11:49:58 AM1/4/09
As I've said many times before, there's only 1 stat that really
matters. Win and loss record. Everything else is fodder for losers
to discuss forever.

In light of Norv Turner's Chargers headed to the Division round, I
looked this one up:

He was fired in 2000 after 13 games with a winning record (by the way,
for those keeping score, he's STILL the ONLY head coach with a winning
record under Snyder) with a 7-6 record.

In the EIGHT FOOTBALL SEASONS since, the Redskins have not ONCE had a
record better than 7-6 after 13 games. They have never been better
than where and when he fired Turner eight years prior.

Snyder is a disgrace and has destroyed the Redskins.

ldnayman

Jan 4, 2009, 6:27:46 PM1/4/09
On Jan 4, 11:49 am, theoxta...@yahoo.com wrote:

> In the EIGHT FOOTBALL SEASONS since, the Redskins have not ONCE had a
> record better than 7-6 after 13 games.  They have never been better
> than where and when he fired Turner eight years prior.
>
> Snyder is a disgrace and has destroyed the Redskins.

Ummm...weren't the Skins 7-6 after 13 games THIS season?

Besides that I'll agree with you.

Message has been deleted

micronerdo

Jan 5, 2009, 2:02:25 AM1/5/09

<theox...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:8393800f-ed3f-42be...@h20g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...

> As I've said many times before, there's only 1 stat that really
> matters. Win and loss record. Everything else is fodder for losers
> to discuss forever.
>
> In light of Norv Turner's Chargers headed to the Division round, I
> looked this one up:
>
> He was fired in 2000 after 13 games with a winning record (by the way,
> for those keeping score, he's STILL the ONLY head coach with a winning
> record under Snyder) with a 7-6 record.

Gibbs II did the same (7-6 after 13 games) in 2005 so Norv
is NOT the ONLY head coach under Snyder to do that.
Norv IS the only one to go 8-5 after 13 games under Snyder (1999).

The unfunny stat is that since our last SB win we share with
the Lions, Cards, and Texans of not winning anymore than
10 games in our regular season records. Every other team
in the NFL has won 11 games or more at least once during
that time.

Valjean

Jan 5, 2009, 8:10:38 AM1/5/09
The infamous "record" only we have too is that Dan Snyder is our owner.

"micronerdo" <micro...@doswinci.net> wrote in message

theox...@yahoo.com

Jan 5, 2009, 10:58:28 PM1/5/09
It was originally said that no coach has ever been *better* than 7-6
since. It is known that there was a season or two that it was matched
but they've never been better.

ldnayman

Jan 6, 2009, 10:30:48 AM1/6/09

WTF are you idiots talking about?

Didn't Gibbs go 10-6 (11-7 total) in 2005?

RichL

Jan 6, 2009, 11:48:39 AM1/6/09
ldnayman <ldna...@aol.com> wrote:

> On Jan 5, 10:58?pm, theoxta...@yahoo.com wrote:
>> It was originally said that no coach has ever been *better* than 7-6
>> since. ?It is known that there was a season or two that it was

>> matched but they've never been better.
>
> WTF are you idiots talking about?
>
> Didn't Gibbs go 10-6 (11-7 total) in 2005?

Read the fine print.
We're talking about the record after 13 games. In 2005, Gibbs was 7-6
after 13 games.

ldnayman

Jan 6, 2009, 12:14:15 PM1/6/09
On Jan 6, 11:48�am, "RichL" <rpleav...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Read the fine print.
> We're talking about the record after 13 games. �In 2005, Gibbs was 7-6
> after 13 games.

Lovely. I could really care less about this stat, final records are of
bigger concern. And 10-6 will get you into the playoffs in most years,
and that's all that matters.