Report: 49ers staffers think Kaepernick may stick to social justice

Grimes

May 9, 2017, 5:10:54 AM5/9/17
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/05/08/report-49ers-staffers-
think-kaepernick-may-stick-to-social-justice/

Peter King gleaned a little insight about Colin Kaepernick from
a look into the 49ers’ draft room last week.

King came out of that embed with whispers about the former 49ers
quarterback’s future in football and his dedication to social
justice.

San Francisco staffers consider the former 49ers quarterback
more engaged in the latter, according to King in his MMQB column
Monday.

“I spent a long draft weekend with the Niners in California,”
King wrote, “and there are those in the building who think
Kaepernick might actually rather do social justice work full-
time than play quarterback.”

There are several hints as to why some 49ers staffers believe
that theory. First of all, Kaepernick often posts on social
media about his social justice and community services —
including consistent retweets about his Know Your Rights Camp
for youths.

King noted that Kaepernick lives in downtown Manhattan — which
makes sense considering the QB is dating Nessa, a nationally
syndicated radio host based out of New York City’s WQHT/Hot 97.

“He emerges in New York City occasionally for noble cause work,
last week donating 100 men’s suits to a parole office in Queens,
so recipients, recently out of prison, would look more
presentable when going on job interviews,” King reported. “I
haven’t talked to Kaepernick, so I have no idea what his gut is
telling him about what to do with his life. But it’s crazy that
a quarterback who four years ago was coming off a Super Bowl
appearance and looked to be a long-term answer has no team now
and no hot NFL prospects that anyone can see.”

There has indeed been a lot of discussion this offseason over
why Kaepernick remains unemployed in the NFL.

King, for one, would jet to New York — if he were with a team —
to ask Kaepernick what he envisions next.

“If he sees a football future, and if I had a great quarterback
coach (Sean McVay with the Rams, Bruce Arians in Arizona), I’d
sign him to an incentive-laden contract,” King wrote. “Right
now.”

John Walsh

May 12, 2017, 1:02:21 AM5/12/17
On Tue, 9 May 2017 11:11:10 +0200 (CEST), "Grimes" <gri...@pinko.org>
wrote:
He's come out and said he still wants to play, which is fine. But you
don't declare something without proving it. He should have been
working out, putting it out there in the media.

Doing charitable deeds is fantastic, but it doesn't project much in
the way of interest in continuing his football career. No?

Nunya Bidnits

May 19, 2017, 2:36:53 PM5/19/17
He was too busy cloning Big Bird's hair.

> Doing charitable deeds is fantastic, but it doesn't project much in
> the way of interest in continuing his football career. No?

He should return to disrespecting our Vets and Flag.

Stick to his core competencies.