OT: Mailbag: What could the Eagles reasonably expect in return if they traded Nick Foles?

1 view

Benard Atkins

Feb 18, 2018, 2:36:34 PM2/18/18

a425couple

Feb 19, 2018, 11:37:55 AM2/19/18
On 2/18/2018 11:36 AM, Benard Atkins wrote:
> http://bit.ly/2EAqwcx

"Anyway, I believe that fair compensation would something close to a
late first-round pick. It wouldn't necessarily have to be a one, but the
sum of its parts would have to be the equivalent of at least a late one.
That would be my floor if I were Howie Roseman, who has the luxury of
sitting back and waiting for a great offer, or, you know, simply keeping
Foles, who is also valuable to the Eagles."

"Question from Jane: Would a first-round RB be out of the question?
Nope, a RB would not be out of the question at all. The Eagles are in a
really good spot heading into this offseason, in that they have no
glaring needs whatsoever. "

John Walsh

Feb 19, 2018, 6:43:22 PM2/19/18
On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 11:36:33 -0800 (PST), Benard Atkins
<batki...@gmail.com> wrote:

>http://bit.ly/2EAqwcx

Since the Eagles have cap space to retain him, I think they'd be
foolish to trade him without knowing how well Wentz has recovered from
his ACL, LCL tears. With the distinct possibility that he injured at
least one of his menisci as well, it would behoove them to keep Foles
at least one year.

To the subject of his trade value, a 2nd rounder and a couple of late
rounder? The way he played in the SB, has enhanced his value greatly.
If he goes, Denver or the Jets would seem like the likeliest
candidates.