Maybe 49ers didn’t fleece Bears in draft day trade, after all?

Benard Atkins

Aug 11, 2017, 9:03:17 PM8/11/17
http://bayareane.ws/2uz35vd
I think both teams got what they feel they needed.

The 49ers needed bodies, real building blocks for the future.

cao

Aug 12, 2017, 12:27:46 PM8/12/17

"Benard Atkins" wrote in message

http://bayareane.ws/2uz35vd
I think both teams got what they feel they needed.

The 49ers needed bodies, real building blocks for the future.

*****

All due respect Bernard, but they need "players", not bodies (ghost of
Baalke).

Looking back, at the end of the season, if Trubisky is rookie of the year
and the next Aaron Rogers, they made a lousy deal. Both he and Thomas
looked very good last night, but it's apples and oranges.

That's the thing. All draft picks are a risk. So do you risk more on a
potential franchise QB, or a potential good to very good, DL? Time will
tell.
The team looked better overall. As they learn the new schemes they might be
an 8-8 team this season with good upside for future years. Need a QB
though.

Message has been deleted

John Walsh

Aug 12, 2017, 3:55:24 PM8/12/17
On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 10:04:03 -0700 (PDT), Benard Atkins
<batki...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Jim Tomsula: Rebuild failed.
>Chip Kelly: Rebuild failed.
>
>So they are really behind. I agree, they do need a quarterback.

Hoyer didn't look good in the limited time he was in there and I
wasn't surprised. Especially after watching him with other teams. He
might improve, but what he is might end up biting the Niners in the
butt. Rookies looked better, but by then the Chiefs had pulled
starters and put in the 2nds and 3rds.

Gary Rosen

Aug 13, 2017, 3:26:01 AM8/13/17
Let's not put Trubisky in Canton just yet. A lot of QBs look good in the
2d half of exhibition games. Or are better than Mark Sanchez.

Richard OKeefe

Aug 13, 2017, 7:35:49 AM8/13/17
On 8/12/2017 3:55 PM, John Walsh wrote:

> Hoyer didn't look good in the limited time he was in there and I
> wasn't surprised. Especially after watching him with other teams. He
> might improve, but what he is might end up biting the Niners in the
> butt. Rookies looked better, but by then the Chiefs had pulled
> starters and put in the 2nds and 3rds.

I'm pulling for Raheem Mostert, a fellow Boilermaker, to make the team
or practice squad. Camp reports had him fumbling and taking big hits but
I thought he ran well even though it was against their rookies and subs.
He showed some speed and quickness and protected the ball in a situation
where the Chiefs were playing against the run.

Dick OKeefe

Benard Atkins

Aug 13, 2017, 12:03:02 PM8/13/17
Canton? No. But if you look at the current landscape of starting
quarterbacks, the elites are few.

cao

Aug 13, 2017, 9:33:35 PM8/13/17

Canton? No. But if you look at the current landscape of starting
quarterbacks, the elites are few.

*****

Too soon to tell, but Trubisky looked like he has "elite-potential". But
then again, so did Druckenmiller...and even Sanchez...at one point.

They most probably weren't going to take him anyway (they would never have
taken the Bears phone call if they were), so it's a moot point. They still
need a QB, and it would be a shame to watch Trubisky be the elite they let
go...can you say Aaron Rogers? Those elite guys don't don't along all that
often.

Anyway, refresh my memory. Who else, other than Thomas, did they get?
Witherspoon I think, but they did some other trades, so I lost track.