2017 NFL Mock Draft: Jaguars opt for tight end in top five, Browns grab Fournette

Benard Atkins

Mar 30, 2017, 12:22:19 PM3/30/17
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-nfl-mock-draft-jaguars-opt-for-tight-end-in-top-five-browns-grab-fournette/

2. San Francisco 49ers

Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina: The 49ers could still make a move for Kirk Cousins and it wouldn’t be stunning if they stood pat with Brian Hoyer and Matt Barkley, waiting for next year to grab a quarterback. But Trubisky would be a fantastic fit in Kyle Shanahan’s system because of his arm and athleticism, and they could redshirt him a year if they wanted.

cao

Mar 30, 2017, 11:58:16 PM3/30/17

"Benard Atkins" wrote in message
*****

Not worth it IMO.

Another mock has them addressing QB need by taking Kizer with #34 (#2 in Rd
2). His stock has dropped to roughly where it should be. I wouldn't take
him here either.

Many many others have them taking Solomon Thomas with #2. Solid player, but
it would be the 3d year in a row taking a DE. Not progress IMO, but they do
need pass rush. However, they need inside D-line help also.

I still think they need help at WR and the top 2 or 3 prospects are going to
be stars. They also need LB and CB help, but there are no draft prospects
for either position worth a #2 pick.

That's why they get the "big bucks".

Benard Atkins

Mar 31, 2017, 10:54:12 AM3/31/17
No need to reach for Trubisky, and that would be a reach, IMO.
A trade is not out of the question, either.