Loose Stool, Observations from Skepticl1

skep...@aol.com

Nov 30, 2014, 11:26:40 PM11/30/14
Has anyone noticed besides me that both Michael Crabtree and Vernon Davis have quit on Harbaugh and the 49ers?

frank

Dec 1, 2014, 1:09:18 AM12/1/14
In article <2a17bbd3-94fd-4bb0-bf2c-
3637be...@googlegroups.com>
"skep...@aol.com" <skep...@aol.com> wrote:

> Has anyone noticed besides me that both Michael Crabtree and Vernon Davis have quit on Harbaugh and the 49ers?

Was Crabtree ever serious about the NFL once he got his first
check?

skep...@aol.com

Dec 1, 2014, 11:53:32 AM12/1/14
I have been critical of 49ers receiver coaches for years. Why, year after year, do we have a laughingstock receiving corps? Why did it take over a decade to find a star quarterback, and why did they pick a guy who looks once, then tucks it down and runs?

John Walsh

Dec 2, 2014, 5:08:13 AM12/2/14
On Mon, 1 Dec 2014 07:05:26 +0100 (CET), "frank" <fra...@4ax.com>
wrote:
They haven't quit on Harbaugh. It's hard to perform in a game when
your rarely targeted, you get the ball in the wrong place and the
offensive focus has changed so much in a year.

Want to blame anyone, look at the guy with the tan pants and the black
sweat shirt. It's his fault, not theirs.

Davis has always been a downfield runner. You give him the ball that
way and he can outrun the defense. Now he gets short patterns and a
ball that comes in too fast.

Crabtree, he's got the hands, he's made some good catches, but again,
when you are not getting the ball, it's hard to produce yardage or
touchdowns.

John Walsh

Dec 2, 2014, 5:19:44 AM12/2/14
Skep, outside of our favorite running backs coach, Harbaugh hired a
bunch of lemons for the rest of the positions. Mangini? Why in the
hell did he hire than schlub? You're right about Morton, he was one
of the first hires I questioned.

Harbaugh got something good out of Smith and then let him go so he
could put his pet project in at QB. Big mistake, big, big mistake. He
changed the whole focus of the offense from WCO to vertical offense
and it just plain ruined the offense. Roman is stuck trying to make
that work on a team that's better suited to the power run, short to
medium passing game.

Even notice how Kaepernick is still wearing his play list on his left
forearm? He should have all the basic plays down cold by now. Like I

skep...@aol.com

Dec 2, 2014, 10:14:23 AM12/2/14
I'm going to copy and paste that last sentence and post it in the FB forums if you don't mind.

cao

Dec 2, 2014, 6:03:40 PM12/2/14

"frank" wrote in message news:9f211f8273ca93f8...@dizum.com...

In article <2a17bbd3-94fd-4bb0-bf2c-
3637be...@googlegroups.com>
"skep...@aol.com" <skep...@aol.com> wrote:

> Has anyone noticed besides me that both Michael Crabtree and Vernon Davis
> have >quit on Harbaugh and the 49ers?

Crabtree no. Davis yes. He didn't get his contract. He isn't worth it.
He's gone.
Crabs is a hole 'nother story. They have no one else, so he probably stays.