OT Free agency market tepid for Colin Kaepernick

Benard Atkins

Mar 12, 2017, 10:31:52 AM3/12/17

John Walsh

Mar 12, 2017, 4:07:00 PM3/12/17
On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 07:31:52 -0700 (PDT), Benard Atkins
<batki...@gmail.com> wrote:

>http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/03/11/free-agency-market-tepid-for-colin-kaepernick/
>
>No fooling.

Tepid? I hear the sound of crickets! :)

Benard Atkins

Mar 12, 2017, 5:22:06 PM3/12/17
One Trick Pony: Colin Kaepernick.

Gary Rosen

Mar 13, 2017, 4:57:28 AM3/13/17
Ya think? His anthem antics make probably cause a lot of franchises
to dismiss him out of hand regardless of any backtracking he does.
And then he is worth a lot less to any franchise that might consider him.

"Benard Atkins" wrote in message

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/03/11/free-agency-market-tepid-for-colin-kaepernick/

No fooling.

John Walsh

Mar 20, 2017, 12:05:34 AM3/20/17
On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 14:22:06 -0700 (PDT), Benard Atkins
<batki...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, March 12, 2017 at 1:07:00 PM UTC-7, John Walsh wrote:
>> On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 07:31:52 -0700 (PDT), Benard Atkins
>> <batki...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/03/11/free-agency-market-tepid-for-colin-kaepernick/
>> >
>> >No fooling.
>>
>> Tepid? I hear the sound of crickets! :)
>
>One Trick Pony: Colin Kaepernick.

Aw, he throws and TD's and INT's. Sometimes it looks like he needs the
service of an eye doctor. Like I've said before, once you figure out
a running QB, the edge goes back to a good defense.

Benard Atkins

Mar 20, 2017, 10:36:42 AM3/20/17
Yes. He may get a backup spot somewhere, maybe.

Gary Rosen

Mar 21, 2017, 4:24:20 AM3/21/17
Now I'm hearing CFL. That actually may be the best place for him.
They obviously won't care as much about the anthem stuff and
the freewheeling Canadian game may suit his style better. Not
to mention the lower level of talent.

"Benard Atkins" wrote in message

poldy

Mar 21, 2017, 7:32:57 PM3/21/17
Harbaugh just reiterated that he believes in Kaepernick.

If York hadn't undermined him and the team and he was still the coach,
he'd probably still be starting Kaep, though probably not happy about
the national anthem thing.

The QB took the team to the SB, almost took the team to another one the
next year but York had such a vendetta against Harbaugh that he was
willing to trash everything.

Imagine if York fired Baalke 2-3 years ago instead of Harbaugh. The
team wouldn't be doing a ground-up rebuild right now.

Pat Garza

Mar 22, 2017, 1:45:02 AM3/22/17
In article <oasd1q$gbh$1...@dont-email.me>
poldy <po...@kfu.com> wrote:

> On 3/20/17 7:36 AM, Benard Atkins wrote:
> > On Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 9:05:34 PM UTC-7, John Walsh wrote:

> >> Aw, he throws and TD's and INT's. Sometimes it looks like he needs the
> >> service of an eye doctor. Like I've said before, once you figure out
> >> a running QB, the edge goes back to a good defense.
> >
> > Yes. He may get a backup spot somewhere, maybe.
> >

> Harbaugh just reiterated that he believes in Kaepernick.
>
> If York hadn't undermined him and the team and he was still the coach,
> he'd probably still be starting Kaep, though probably not happy about
> the national anthem thing.
>
> The QB took the team to the SB,

You got that wrong. The TEAM took the barely competent QB to
the SB where he failed just as the Peter principle dictated he
would.

Horrible decision by Harbaugh.

Benard Atkins

Mar 22, 2017, 10:36:55 AM3/22/17

> Imagine if York fired Baalke 2-3 years ago instead of Harbaugh. The
> team wouldn't be doing a ground-up rebuild right now.

Fired Baalke and hired who? York, unfortunately had to learn
same the lessons his father learned, at great expense and
great embarrassment.

poldy

Mar 22, 2017, 4:29:50 PM3/22/17
I'm sure Harbaugh could find someone with his contacts.

It basically came down to Harbaugh vs. Baalke. Obviously Harbaugh has
been successful everywhere as a HC whereas Baalke had brief success but
most of his drafts were disasters.

Gary Rosen

Mar 23, 2017, 3:19:30 AM3/23/17
When did Jed's father, or anyone in the York family,
ever learn a lesson about football? I'm not seeing
any evidence.

"Benard Atkins" wrote in message

John Walsh

Mar 24, 2017, 10:39:36 PM3/24/17
On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 07:36:42 -0700 (PDT), Benard Atkins
<batki...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 9:05:34 PM UTC-7, John Walsh wrote:
>> On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 14:22:06 -0700 (PDT), Benard Atkins
>> <batki...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >One Trick Pony: Colin Kaepernick.
>>
>> Aw, he throws and TD's and INT's. Sometimes it looks like he needs the
>> service of an eye doctor. Like I've said before, once you figure out
>> a running QB, the edge goes back to a good defense.
>
>Yes. He may get a backup spot somewhere, maybe.

So far, not much happening on the Kaepernick QB job hunt. Sherman
think he's being blackballed by the owners. He has to find a team
where his style of play fits the team's offense.

Teams aren't going to change things just to suit his running/pistol
style.

Good Riddance

Mar 25, 2017, 7:13:32 AM3/25/17
In article <2tlbdcdgbj4fv8l37...@4ax.com>
He's done in the NFL. No owner in his right mind would hire
this guy after what he pulled on global TV. That revolutionary
crap may make him a hero in the land of fruitcakes, nuts, and
Berkeley bozos, but it's unacceptable to the masses of normal
people who are supporting the NFL overall. Tarnish the brand
and you're out, buddy. Pack your shit and hit the road. Don't
let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, and don't come
back.

Benard Atkins

Mar 25, 2017, 3:38:30 PM3/25/17
> So far, not much happening on the Kaepernick QB job hunt. Sherman
> think he's being blackballed by the owners. He has to find a team
> where his style of play fits the team's offense.
>
> Teams aren't going to change things just to suit his running/pistol
> style.

And that is all teams have to say as to why they have no interest
in signing him.

Ron

Mar 26, 2017, 1:13:20 AM3/26/17
On 25 Mar 2017, "Good Riddance" <la...@flush.com> posted some
I hear al Qaeda is hiring. Maybe he can get a job driving a truck.

John Walsh

Mar 27, 2017, 4:03:21 AM3/27/17
He's not the first athlete to do what he did. He hasn't tarnished
anything, except in the eyes of racists. If he can find a team to fit
his style, fine. The people who support the NFL are the same people
who will go to the game no matter who the QB is behind center.

You greatly over-estimate on what people will do if Kaepernick plays
for their team. Niner fans came to the games and cheered the team.
They didn't stand around booing Kaepernick for kneeling.

Soo where does that leave you, racist?

Crop Fed Fret

Aug 24, 2017, 6:18:00 PM8/24/17
John Walsh <jwal...@gmail.com> wrote in
Don't press the snowflake too hard or he will start to cry and claim
eveyrone is out to get him.