Soon to be a free agent, Vance McDonald praised by 49ers GM

Benard Atkins

Nov 29, 2016, 3:24:14 PM11/29/16

yertle.of....@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2016, 7:28:42 PM11/29/16
On Tuesday, November 29, 2016 at 12:24:14 PM UTC-8, Benard Atkins wrote:
> http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article117668073.html

Vance McDonald was a second round pick, along with Tank Carradine taken in the same draft. McDonald hasn't been as big a bust as Carradine (one of Baalke's injury-aisle bargains), but he certainly was not worth a second rounder.

If he's signed to a new long-term deal, it's another indication the 49ers aren't serious about getting better.

cao

Nov 30, 2016, 7:09:23 PM11/30/16

"Benard Atkins" wrote in message

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article117668073.html

*****

It would leave them with yet another hole. (He ain't great, but better than
anyone else they have.)

One mock draft I looked at predicted first round DE, second round QB
(Watson, the next RG3 IMO), and third round OL, which would be typical
Baalke. They would have NO skill players and would have to rely on free
agency, which they haven't exactly been stellar at either.

They have too many holes to fill.

But, and I cringe when I say this, I am starting to think Baalke, Kelly, AND
Kaepernick will be there next season. Heaven help!

Benard Atkins

Nov 30, 2016, 10:44:47 PM11/30/16
In my opinion, If Kaepernick stays, then Trent Baalke must go.

Baalke should be relieved of his position, regardless.

Illogical: The idea that he should be allowed to handle
another draft. And quality free agents won't come here, either.

John Walsh

Dec 1, 2016, 3:31:07 AM12/1/16
Carradine's problem is he's playing in a position where he was never
meant to play. McDonald? He's a player in his last year of a contract
where he's finally producing.

Cut him and start fresh at TE. They haven't had good tight ends since
the days of Davis and Walker.