John Lynch: Reuben Foster out if charges proven true

John Walsh

Apr 23, 2018, 5:37:30 PM4/23/18
John Lynch: Reuben Foster out if charges proven true
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000928065/article/john-lynch-reuben-foster-out-if-charges-proven-true

The San Francisco 49ers are electing to allow the judicial process to
play out before deciding on the future of linebacker Reuben Foster.

Speaking to the media on Monday, general manager John Lynch noted that
the "gravity" of the charges is not lost on the organization.

Foster is facing three felonies stemming from an alleged attack on his
girlfriend -- domestic violence with an allegation that he inflicted
great bodily harm; forcefully attempting to prevent a victim from
reporting a crime; and possession of an assault weapon.

Lynch said if the charges are proven true, "he won't be a part of this
organization going forward," per NFL Network's Jim Trotter.

Lynch says decision on Foster will be based on both information
that comes out as case progresses as well as the final outcome of the
case. Keeps stressing that the organization needs more information.
ā?? Jim Trotter (@JimTrotter_NFL) April 23, 2018

The 49ers are allowing due process to run its course with the 2017
first-round linebacker a year after cutting ties with corner Tramaine
Brock immediately following a domestic violence arrest. Charges on
Brock were later dropped, and he was cleared by the NFL.

On Monday, Lynch confirmed that Foster will continue to be kept away
from Niners offseason workouts. The team is working with the young
linebacker to create a structure away from the facility, the GM added.

In addition to the criminal charges, Foster is subject to potential
NFL discipline under the league's personal conduct policy, which
mandates a six-game suspension for a first-time domestic violence
offense.

cao

Apr 23, 2018, 11:47:40 PM4/23/18
Yeah man. Due process. Innocent until proven guilty. We learned about it in Civics class. And this would be the right move...if this were 10 years ago. But not now. Now it is a hand grenade with no pin.

So if the girlfriend tanks (recants, whatever) and Reuben walks it all peace and harmony? I don't think so. Lynch is playing with fire.

John Walsh

Apr 24, 2018, 8:08:04 PM4/24/18
On Mon, 23 Apr 2018 20:47:39 -0700 (PDT), cao <pobox...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Monday, April 23, 2018 at 2:37:30 PM UTC-7, John Walsh wrote:
>> John Lynch: Reuben Foster out if charges proven true
>> http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000928065/article/john-lynch-reuben-foster-out-if-charges-proven-true
>>
>> The San Francisco 49ers are electing to allow the judicial process to
>> play out before deciding on the future of linebacker Reuben Foster.
>>
>> Speaking to the media on Monday, general manager John Lynch noted that
>> the "gravity" of the charges is not lost on the organization.
>>
>> Foster is facing three felonies stemming from an alleged attack on his
>> girlfriend -- domestic violence with an allegation that he inflicted
>> great bodily harm; forcefully attempting to prevent a victim from
>> reporting a crime; and possession of an assault weapon.
>>
>> Lynch said if the charges are proven true, "he won't be a part of this
>> organization going forward," per NFL Network's Jim Trotter.
>>
>> Lynch says decision on Foster will be based on both information
>> that comes out as case progresses as well as the final outcome of the
>> case. Keeps stressing that the organization needs more information.
>> ??? Jim Trotter (@JimTrotter_NFL) April 23, 2018
>>
>> The 49ers are allowing due process to run its course with the 2017
>> first-round linebacker a year after cutting ties with corner Tramaine
>> Brock immediately following a domestic violence arrest. Charges on
>> Brock were later dropped, and he was cleared by the NFL.
>>
>> On Monday, Lynch confirmed that Foster will continue to be kept away
>> from Niners offseason workouts. The team is working with the young
>> linebacker to create a structure away from the facility, the GM added.
>>
>> In addition to the criminal charges, Foster is subject to potential
>> NFL discipline under the league's personal conduct policy, which
>> mandates a six-game suspension for a first-time domestic violence
>> offense.
>
>Yeah man. Due process. Innocent until proven guilty. We learned about it in Civics class. And this would be the right move...if this were 10 years ago. But not now. Now it is a hand grenade with no pin.
>
>So if the girlfriend tanks (recants, whatever) and Reuben walks it all peace and harmony? I don't think so. Lynch is playing with fire.

We learn over time that people use bend the rules of law to their
advantage. Then there's stonewalling and stalling to buy time and keep
the player with the team. Lawyers do it for the players, the team does
it for the team, not the player.

Benard Atkins

Apr 25, 2018, 12:04:45 PM4/25/18
Well, the worst case is Foster is cut. The red flags were there
before the draft regarding him.