NFL Draft held in SD?

Quahog

Jul 21, 2005, 1:35:40 AM7/21/05
From the Boston Herald:
http://news.bostonherald.com/blogs/reissPieces/index.bg?mode=viewlist&pageno=5&limit=5

Could the NFL Draft be coming to [San Diego]?

The annual draft, which has been held in New York for 40 years, is
currently looking for a new home. New England is under consideration.

"Our events department sent a notification to clubs that we're
considering all options for where to hold the (2006) draft and if they were
interested to let us know," NFL Vice President of Public Relations Greg
Aiello said Tuesday morning.

Aiello said the NFL requested that each club contact its Convention and
Visitors Bureau(s) to see what facilities might be available for the April
29-30 draft. He reported that nine teams responded with an interest although
he wouldn't disclose which clubs those were. Patriots spokesman Stacey James
confirmed that New England responded favorably. Possible sites would include
Gillette Stadium (200,000 square feet between club space and practice
facility) or another visitors-type center in the region.

Other franchises reportedly interested in hosting the draft include
Miami and San Diego.

Chuck D.

Jul 21, 2005, 9:39:17 AM7/21/05
Hell, if it did come to Dago I'd be so torn on what to do. Do I get
crazy-mad Over-Time, or enjoy the festivities as a fan???

I imagine the price of tickets for that would be fair. But the money I
could make would be phenomenal. Seeing as I'd only get to see one player
representing the Chargers, I'm leaning towards working that event.

But... before I get too excited... I'd better wait for conformation. :)

!!!GO BOLTS!!!

Kurgan Gringioni

Jul 21, 2005, 11:27:07 AM7/21/05

Quahog wrote:
> From the Boston Herald:
> http://news.bostonherald.com/blogs/reissPieces/index.bg?mode=viewlist&pageno=5&limit=5
>
> Could the NFL Draft be coming to [San Diego]?

<snip>

I can't believe that people actually get off on watching one of those
boring ass events.

Football games are great entertainment. NFL drafts? yawn. It's dumb to
get worked up about them anyways - you can't tell how good a team's
draft is until 2-3 years down the road.