Re: Chauncey stolen from Practice Squad...

Message has been deleted

yoyodog

Sep 28, 2010, 3:25:21 PM9/28/10

"buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message
news:a7f4a6ds37c87danb...@4ax.com...
> The Rams signed him off our PS.
>
> This one pisses me off. We keep the spot for McKnight, and lose Chauncey
> Washington, who
> really impressed me in preseason, with his tough running. The
> ramifications of the Leon
> trade, keep on ticking.
> Greene better stay healthy.

Dammit, that one hurts. When it came to "ground and pound" he even
outpounded Shonn Greene. I really expected him to be activated for a few
games this season. Bummer.

Ian

Sep 28, 2010, 3:47:13 PM9/28/10
On Sep 28, 8:25 pm, "yoyodog" <connarchNOS...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "buRford" <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message

I'm a little ignorant with this sort of thing, mainly because there's
not so much NFL ins and outs coverage over here, but how can he be
signed off the practice squad?

Presumably he's not going to the Rams' practice squad, he's going to
their regular squad, but there must be a "match the offer" clause. The
Jets should then be able to make a choice of making room on their full
squad or let him go. Maybe the CS saw something we didn't see, but in
pre-season, he looked like he had "it". Moreso than several other
players that have made the full squad.

This is bad from my perspective. A player that looks better than some
first round draft picks.

Rex is too much of a "he's a player, out him on the team" man to let
him go unless he knows something we don't ... which is probable.

--
Ian

Johnny Morongo

Sep 28, 2010, 4:02:43 PM9/28/10
On Sep 28, 12:12 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> The Rams signed him off our PS.
>
> This one pisses me off.  We keep the spot for McKnight, and lose Chauncey Washington, who
> really impressed me in preseason, with his tough running.  The ramifications of the Leon
> trade, keep on ticking.
> Greene better stay healthy.

Bummer. Chauncy was lost as the price for Connor. Simple as that.
They chose a banger over a runner. This one is on Rex.

And Green better stay healthy enough to force the CS to play him, by
dint of his production, as the full time 1st and 2nd down RB, thereby
using LT in the perfect 3rd down role for him enhancing the chance to
preserve him for the whole run to the Super Bowl. I'm concerned by
his rather excessive, if often brilliant, number of early season
runs. But - the clock is the clock. He IS in his thirties and has
many miles on him. Using him so often, so early, does not, IMHO, bode
well for his season long availability. He hasn't had a full year of
play in three years. Green NEEDS to step up and Schott has to get him
on the field more often. If not, I would feel fairly safe to suggest
that "LTGramps" won't make it through the year. That would not be
good, especially since Chauncy is in KC. McKnight better be keeping
on his toes. The way things stand now, if LT does go down, for
however long, he'll be up, faux back that he is.

John C TX

Sep 28, 2010, 4:30:57 PM9/28/10
On Sep 28, 3:02 pm, Johnny Morongo

It is why coaches can screw up when they fall in love with a player.

Hell we can always sign another guy named Washington.

John C TX

Sep 28, 2010, 4:35:43 PM9/28/10
On Sep 28, 3:02 pm, Johnny Morongo
<j.mireh...@harmonicconcordance.com> wrote:

They also could have paid him full salary like The Pats did with that
guard a few years ago. This is really pissing me off.

Johnny Morongo

Sep 28, 2010, 4:48:24 PM9/28/10

This is on the team of Rex & Tannenbaum.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Michael

Sep 28, 2010, 10:11:29 PM9/28/10
On Sep 28, 3:12 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> The Rams signed him off our PS.
>
> This one pisses me off.  We keep the spot for McKnight, and lose Chauncey Washington, who
> really impressed me in preseason, with his tough running.  The ramifications of the Leon
> trade, keep on ticking.
> Greene better stay healthy.

i liked chauncey. i dont know why they did not keep him. may be he
did not look so good agaisnt first linde defenders ??? he looked to be
a driven player to me. as much hope as i held for mcnight, he's not
looking like much at all and i'd have kept chanucey instead.

papa.carl44

Sep 28, 2010, 10:22:32 PM9/28/10

"buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message

> The Rams signed him off our PS.
>
> This one pisses me off. We keep the spot for McKnight, and lose Chauncey
> Washington, who
> really impressed me in preseason, with his tough running. The
> ramifications of the Leon
> trade, keep on ticking.
> Greene better stay healthy.

This really sucks...big time....McKnight is going to be a wast of time...how
can they do crap like this?

Harlan Lachman

Sep 28, 2010, 10:44:35 PM9/28/10
In article <a7f4a6ds37c87danb...@4ax.com>,
buRford <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

> The Rams signed him off our PS.
>
> This one pisses me off. We keep the spot for McKnight, and lose Chauncey
> Washington, who
> really impressed me in preseason, with his tough running. The ramifications
> of the Leon
> trade, keep on ticking.
> Greene better stay healthy.

Actually, I don't mind keeping McNothing. Signing Clowney pissed me off.
IMHO, he is the guy who cost us Woodhead and Chauncey.

I am not worried either will become a star (as I used to mistakenly
worry about Lamont J). But I could imagine that either could have filled
in if Shonn's injury lingers or something untoward happened to LT.

harlan

John C TX

Sep 29, 2010, 9:33:08 AM9/29/10
On Sep 28, 9:44 pm, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article <a7f4a6ds37c87danbslk0iaak1dnl07...@4ax.com>,

h, great post, and these things are growing pains of improved team.
After I wrote this didn't the previous bone heads cost us Derrick
Ward.

My problem is this team isn't exactly built for a run for ten years so
if players go down we need capable replacements. So having a RB that
looked OK & played good ST (C Washington) has value. Keeping a
player that was very good & played very good special teams
(LWashington) has a ton of value. All they needed to do was spend
some money.

Harlan Lachman

Sep 29, 2010, 2:28:46 PM9/29/10
In article
<168b2665-8fa0-4946...@l6g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,

I think that we lost back-ups ready to play in our system now because we
signed Clowney who stinks. We released Woodhead leaving only Chauncey as
a back up RB on our practice squad -- no depth at RB. None, zip, nada.
If they wanted to let Woodhead go, they could have brought up Chauncey.
The Clown cannot play WR or specials.

Leon carried the ball once last week for no gain. I actually think the
lesser talented and less useful Woodhead and Chauncy would have been
more valuable to us at less money than Leon because both could play RB
now if someone gets hurt. Woodhead is doing exactly that, none to
shabbily, for the Pats.