Why is Schotty still around ?!?!?! Suggest a motive...

Michael

Oct 3, 2011, 1:36:36 PM10/3/11
I'd like to hear from everyone with the exception of those who are
still defending Schotty. I think there might just be one or two of you
left on the planet. If you are a Schotty defender, you need not apply
for this thread. You can go argue your fantasies in front of a
mirror.

What the hell is the reason for the Jets to have kept Schotty around
so long. What the f*** is the real motive ???

I think the guy sustaining Schotty is the owner.

That leaves me with a few questions. Why in Sam Hell is Ryan not
showing any outward signs of being pissed off over it ??? So far, all
we got was the Tom Moore hiring.

Was Rex actually convinced that he could ride out one last season of
the Schotty contract despite Schotty's incompatnace ??? What reason
would Rex have to be so political about Schotty. Where is the juice
coming from ??? What the f*** is going on ?!?!?! How can an entire
professional football franchise not see just how unbeliveably bad
Schotty is. Why is Ryan, such a competitive coach, not foaming at the
mouth over the fact that his offensive coach may very well be the
worst OC in the pro game ???

The Jets offense is so bad, the defense is starting to mail it in.

Still Roper

Oct 3, 2011, 2:23:56 PM10/3/11
I'm all for continuilty but as I was watching last night's debacle...I
saw a hopeless offensive gameplan.
Not execution (which was downright awful) but the gameplan itself was
sooooooo predictable. How many times have we thrown on 1st down
(incomplete mind you) and then run a 20 GUT play for little or no
gain? I knew it was coming so most definetly the Ravens did. No
creativity. Our best play of the night was running our FB counter for
13yds. Yaa...that'll get us far.

MuahMan

Oct 3, 2011, 2:55:59 PM10/3/11
Just be glad for the Cowboys collapse or you'd be 1-3 like you should
be.

JKConey

Oct 3, 2011, 4:50:17 PM10/3/11
"Michael" wrote in message

I'd like to hear from everyone with the exception of those who are
still defending Schotty. I think there might just be one or two of you
left on the planet. If you are a Schotty defender, you need not apply
for this thread. You can go argue your fantasies in front of a
mirror.

What the hell is the reason for the Jets to have kept Schotty around
so long. What the f*** is the real motive ???

I think the guy sustaining Schotty is the owner.

That leaves me with a few questions. Why in Sam Hell is Ryan not
showing any outward signs of being pissed off over it ??? So far, all
we got was the Tom Moore hiring.

There's no way to find logic when it comes to in season loyalty. No one
bashed Kotite during the season either. Coslet wouldn't budge when it came
to getting O help and it cost him the job. Rex has tunnel vision when it
comes to the offense, and it will cost him as well.

-- JK Sinrod
www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

Message has been deleted

- Rob -

Oct 3, 2011, 5:12:10 PM10/3/11
I totally agree. And the in-game management was even worse than the
game plan. It's practically lesson 1 of Football 101 to make certain
types of adjustments when a big pass rush is repeatedly getting to the
QB. You use screens, draws, the no-huddle, etc. to put the defense on
its heels. Hell...if there's one thing Sanchez has proven he's adept
at, it's the no-huddle, where his instincts outshine his tendency to
overthink. But, as usual, no meaningful adjustments were made. Same
ol' same ol' for Schotty.

Michael

Oct 3, 2011, 6:11:26 PM10/3/11
On Oct 3, 4:55 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> I know a lot of peeps think, like you, it has something to do with Woody.
> I don't.
> I think how Rex continually ignores the offense, shows what it may be... he just doesn't
> want to deal with it, and doesn't give it much thought.
> I really think, judging by his comments, that Rex is blind to the fact that he's the HC of
> the whole team.  He delegates the STs to Westhoff, who reports to him & tells him about
> the gameplan, & and new wrinkles.  The same with the offense.
> He obviously has final say on everything, but just trusts who he's given responsibility
> to, & then gets back to his baby... the D.
>
> He's always calling out the D, yet, even yesterday, said it was all the Ravens D, & never
> questioned the O.  It's probably different behind the scenes, but in the end IMHO, he's
> abdicated his throne of responsibility on the O, & just doesn't want to be bothered.
>
> And I do think, if it was Woody, some kind of snide comment would've spewed from Rex's
> lips by now.  He's not exactly shy, nor closed-mouthed about his feelings, or thoughts.
> And I doubt he'd be able to sit still, as he watched his OC destroy his career.- Hide quoted text -

burf... respectfully, i dont buy that...

your take would mean that rex would have to be a total football
idiot. i cant imagine for one second that a guy who has been around
the game all his life would be blind to the fact that his OC is
putting his pro hc career in jeapordy and subsequently, he could care
less about it because he is blind queer for his defense... i just dont
buy that...

when rex talks about westhoff, he calls him the best st coach in the
game.... he calls callahan the best line coach in the game... he has
NEVER said anything like that about schotty....

also... when fans call in to talk shows and complain about schotty,
the hosts CUT THEM OFF AT THE LEGGS... Obviously, the hosts want
interviews with the Jets and good relations, so they dont even get
close to it. Greg Buttle does it, Michael Kay does it... The only one
that does not do it is Greenberg... You can hear the frustration in
his voice when he gets near the Schotty subject, but he keeps his trap
shut... IMHO, this whole Schotty affair STINKS with politics. It is
a political appointment all the way...

Rex had better wake up and burn Shotty out before the media and the
fans burn Rex out. The freekin offense is so bad, the defense is
calling it quits. It has been the same crap on offense since rex
started and now it is on the verge of destroying the rex era. that
would include his pet defense too
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Michael

Oct 3, 2011, 9:12:49 PM10/3/11
On Oct 3, 8:05 pm, Julio Sanchez <hoolio3sanc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > would include his pet defense too- Hide quoted text -

> Maybe you could listen to Boomer Esiason talk about Sanchez's
> problems on WEEI today:http://audio.weei.com/a/46614215/boomer-esiason-talks-patriots-raider...
>
> He doesn't say anything bad about Schottenheimer. Basically he
> said the Jets O line made Sanchez's play impossible.
>
> Julio- Hide quoted text -

you can do things on offense to deal with pressure... the jets knew it
was coming and had all week to come up with an offensive game plan to
deal with a pressure defense.

1. spread sets
2. deep shot gun snaps
3. seven and eight man offensive line
4. missdirection
5. screens
6. quick timing patterns in the slot (that is open on a blitz)
7. quick timing patterns in the seem (that is open on a blitz)
8. run AROUND blitzing defensive ends
9. play action shuvel passes
10. getting an agressive defense to jump the snap with no huddle, hard
count and unexpected snap timing
11. scriped, no huddle drives with SET PASS ROUTS and SET PROGRESSION
so sanchez does not have to think.
Message has been deleted

Michael

Oct 3, 2011, 9:19:41 PM10/3/11
On Oct 3, 9:11 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> No need to be respectful ;)
>

> >your take would mean that rex would have to be a total football
> >idiot.  i cant imagine for one second that a guy who has been around
> >the game all his life would be blind to the fact that his OC is
> >putting his pro hc career in jeapordy and subsequently, he could care
> >less about it because he is blind queer for his defense... i just dont
> >buy that...
>
> He IS an idiot.  I like Rex, but he's done nothing about the offensive situation (over the
> years), other than trying to get players for his OC.  I just don't believe that Schott
> would be here, without Rex's blessing.  And by now, we'd have seen Rex doing things to
> undermine Schott, & get him fired by Woody, if he was just going along with Schott for
> Woody's sake.  Rex is at fault here.  He's the opposite of the micro-managing Mangini he
> replaced... he delegates, & focuses on what he thinks is the winning engine of the Jets -

delegating is a great thing... delegating the st to westhoff is
ideal... it is OK for rex to delegate the offense... there is NO RULE
in the book that says he has no choice BUT to delegate the offense to
an obvious charlatan. let him delegate the offense to dan henning or
norv turner or kubiak and watch how fast the jets offense equals the
defense in quality. the problem does not lay in the fact that rex
delegates. he is supposed to... that is why a HC has a coaching
staff. the problem is, there is some set of politics at work. it is
the only logical answer. rex is stuck with him and cant even open his
mouth...
Message has been deleted

Michael

Oct 3, 2011, 9:42:57 PM10/3/11
On Oct 3, 9:27 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> But if the offense isn't working, he has to stop delegating, & get involved.
>
> After all you've seen of Rex, you think he's able to keep his mouth shut?
> Rex is stuck with him, as long as he chooses to be.- Hide quoted text -

burf.. again... respectfully, i dont agree... rex limits his talk to
idle boasting.. never any real team matters and NEVER anything
critical of coaches or current players. he had rainbows and sunshine
coming out of his ass about gholston and ducasse. he would NEVER run
his mouth about an assistant, owner or manager... again... my
conslusion is that there is a set of heavy politics at work. somthing
that we dont know about. rex was stuck with him. it was a condition
of taking the job. just a guess on my part, but the "agreement" he
made probably runs out at the end of schottys contract... that means
no schotty next year.

Papa Carl

Oct 4, 2011, 12:53:48 AM10/4/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message
> [...]

After watching his reaction at the end of the game...and yukking it up with
Suggs and Lewis...I can't help but think he took the NY job in anger and to
try and prove he should have gotten the job he really wanted....did OK for a
bit but really does not want to be here. He has not developed and shown the
kind of actions that indicate he wants to be anything in NY but a glorified
DC. I can only guess why he is so tight with Schott...because he could have
found himself a better talent to totally run the offense and let him mess
with D..but kept Schott...but I do see him not respond to any of the issues.
He flat out blamed the young center..and that was bullshit....that rookie
was the least of the problems on that O line and either way...they have
proven they don't know jack shit about O line talent anyway ! Look who they
have kept....even Slauson would have a very hard time being anything but a
backup on many, many other teams....I just watched Monday night
football....a guy just signed off the practice squad played for the Colts
and looked better than they guys that start for the Jets !

Do they ever learn???? Look back at the first offensive play of the first
game...an unblocked outside threat destroys the QB...and what happened all
day Sunday???? The same damn thing...I went through all the games
again...there is NO offensive scheme and it is all reactive at best. They
can not block a damn thing. I don't think too many QB's come back from
where they have taken Sanchez. I don't think we will ever know if he could
have turned out good.

As for your questons about Schott and Rex...I have to believe he accepted
Schott because the owner set it as a conditon of his hire...it has to be the
case. Rex wanted to prove something after he didn't get the Baltimore
job....he is still angry about that and his heart is still a Raven.
Sure...that is a guess...but something has to explain this bizarre
stuff...they had some guys who could play to start out..and over the couple
of years he let it all slip away into a total mess.

Ritchie

Oct 4, 2011, 3:32:19 AM10/4/11
He is still around because Woody wants him to be OC and Rex has no
choice in the matter. I am starting to develop a dislike for Res
because of all of his boasting, chest thumping and so on. Rex and the
players have nothing to boast about!

Papa Carl

Oct 4, 2011, 8:41:24 AM10/4/11

"Ritchie" <ritch...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Absolutely agree with you....and Rex is not acting like a real head coach at
all.

- Rob -

Oct 4, 2011, 2:57:30 PM10/4/11
On Oct 3, 5:11 pm, Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Rex had better wake up and burn Shotty out before the media and the
> fans burn Rex out.  The freekin offense is so bad, the defense is
> calling it quits.  It has been the same crap on offense since rex
> started and now it is on the verge of destroying the rex era.   that
> would include his pet defense too

I wouldn't go quite that far. As frustrating as this offense is to
watch, Rex isn't at any risk of losing the fans or the media anytime
soon. One need only look at Herm's incompetent reign of diminishing
returns to see that. Rex has both more media savvy and better results
than Herm. And even this rather pathetic 2-2 start to year 3 is better
than how Herm's teams typically started.

That said, I'm no Jensen. Schottenheimer has to go. Given Sanchez's
postseason numbers and the players he has around him, the offense
should be a LOT better than it is. So it would seem like a no-brainer
to promote Callahan to OC.