Joey Porter released from Dolphins ( According to NFL.com )

UnixUser

Feb 12, 2010, 5:39:28 PM2/12/10
Think he is worth bringing in for the JETS?

Harlan Lachman

Feb 12, 2010, 5:53:13 PM2/12/10
In article <hl4lav$3ul$1...@speranza.aioe.org>,
UnixUser <unix...@nospam.com> wrote:

> Think he is worth bringing in for the JETS?

I think the Fish hope the jets do which is why they turned him lose so
early. They were just taking out the trash.

A more intriguing question is whether his former Pittsburgh coaches make
any effort to bring him in.

Tutor

Feb 13, 2010, 2:35:20 AM2/13/10
On Feb 12, 5:39 pm, UnixUser <unixu...@nospam.com> wrote:
> Think he is worth bringing in for the JETS?

no no no no no no no no no no no

I give Porter the Rex-Finger.

Would rather get Adalius Thomas FWIW

papa.carl44

Feb 13, 2010, 10:34:22 AM2/13/10

"UnixUser" <unix...@nospam.com> wrote in message

> Think he is worth bringing in for the JETS?

NO !!!!!! Why would you want to downgrade what you already have going?

Johnny Morongo

Feb 13, 2010, 12:00:31 PM2/13/10
UnixUser wrote:
> Think he is worth bringing in for the JETS?

As a 32 year old upgrade over who? No thanks.

MZ

Feb 13, 2010, 12:41:21 PM2/13/10
UnixUser wrote:
> Think he is worth bringing in for the JETS?

I just read that the Dolphins resigned him.

Johnny Morongo

Feb 13, 2010, 2:21:19 PM2/13/10

They deserve each other.

papa.carl44

Feb 13, 2010, 2:27:15 PM2/13/10

"UnixUser" <unix...@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Think he is worth bringing in for the JETS?

Think about this....the Dolphins ran an offense designed to eat up time.
The Wildcat can do that...but it's very hard to score in the redzone with
that offense too. It becomes a lot easier to defend as the field gets
shorter, that was always an issue with the single wing, and I did coach
defenses against a couple of those. So...the Fins used a good tool to keep
a very week D off the field. And...they are letting this clown go, AFTER
The Steelers let him go...how can he help a team that was leading the league
in defense? To say nothing of the fact he creates problems wherever he
goes.

papa.carl44

Feb 13, 2010, 2:29:05 PM2/13/10

"MZ" <ma...@nospam.void> wrote in message

> UnixUser wrote:
>> Think he is worth bringing in for the JETS?
>
> I just read that the Dolphins resigned him.

Good for them, their D needs a lot of help I think, but even there, he is a
short term solution.

Johnctx

Feb 15, 2010, 10:11:20 AM2/15/10

http://tinyurl.com/y9f4eew

Not for long.

February 13, 2010, 2:30 pm
Joey Porter Looking for Place to Land
By ANDY BENOIT

The Miami Dolphins appeased disgruntled linebacker Joey Porter by
releasing him Friday. However, it was determined that the move would
cost the Dolphins $4.8 million against the salary cap, sending them
$600,000 over the limit. So, barring an unlikely trade, Porter will
remain on the roster until the cap disappears March 5. (Think of it as a
couple breaking up, only to realize that it�s easier to live together
another few weeks until the lease on their apartment expires.)

The soon-to-be 33-year-old Porter had a career revival in 2008,
recording 17.5 sacks. He led the Dolphins with 9 sacks in �09 but lost
playing time to rising newcomer Cameron Wake. Porter butted heads with
leaders in the organization � namely Coach Tony Sparano � and, in the
opinion of some experts, validated the whispers about his inadequacies
in all non-pass-rushing phases of the game.

So where will Porter land next? He�s an aging, system-oriented player
who brings tempestuousness to a locker room. But 13 NFL teams ran a 3-4
defense in �09, and the Jaguars and the Bills could make it 15 in �10.
The Jags, Bills, Chiefs, Niners and Patriots all need an edge-rushing
linebacker. But at what cost?

Andy Benoit is the founder of NFLTouchdown.com.