Nice knowing you peeps

Glenn Greenstein

Nov 15, 2010, 11:17:41 AM11/15/10
I just don't want anyone to think I died. After this last exchange
with Carl I am done with this place. Burf, if you ever want to talk to
me you know where I will be.. Mark, Jetslife, Grinch, JohnTx, even you
Michael, it was nice to know you. This place has too many assholes
here for my taste anymore.

Johnny Morongo

Nov 15, 2010, 11:30:26 AM11/15/10

And now, one less.

Ian

Nov 15, 2010, 11:57:28 AM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 4:30 pm, Johnny Morongo

You leaving too? ;)

--
Ian

Ray O'Hara

Nov 15, 2010, 12:03:10 PM11/15/10

"Glenn Greenstein" <lex...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

wah wah wah .

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Michael

Nov 15, 2010, 1:34:41 PM11/15/10

why you gotta split for ??? if there are people you dont want to talk
to just plonk them or dont read/respond. it is too sparce in here to
lose more regulars.

Message has been deleted

Tutor

Nov 15, 2010, 1:58:34 PM11/15/10

agreed. Carl always has a tude. But most of us do. Hey, if you guys
can let my faux pas go, then we can do the same for Carl. He does
offer good insight in his posts and I do look forward to reading
them. I don't necessarily agree with his stuff, in this instance his
almost maniacal anti Schott crusade, and I have my own complaints
about Schott, but how he and Glenn let it get personal is beyond me.
It's not like Carl engaged him in pro Palestianain anti Israel
rhetoric or anything else completely inappropriate for this group.

Tutor

Nov 15, 2010, 2:11:20 PM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 11:17 am, Glenn Greenstein <lexa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Fuck it Glenn. The remnants of this group need you. We've all been a-
holes from time to time. It's the nature of Usenet. Look, if we can
enjoy Brian Pratt, what's a littl Carl arrogance to you? Means
nothing. Stick around. I do. Even though the negativity in here is
stifling at times. Nabobville needs you!

Johnny Morongo

Nov 15, 2010, 2:12:35 PM11/15/10
On 11/15/2010 10:39 AM, John C TX wrote:
>> Always had assholes, always will.
>
> It prevents constipation. I will try& restrict my diarrhea.
>
> :)
>
>> As they say, a freedom fighter to one, is a terrorist to others.
>> An asshole to one, is a good guy to others...& visa versa.
>
> Good post, you commie rat bastard.
>
> & before anyone asks, I am allowed to talk to him like that. The rats
> get offended when I write that but b has a sense of humor.

...and a much better understanding of the game than you, you Schittophile.

Glenn Greenstein

Nov 15, 2010, 2:12:55 PM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 11:30 am, Johnny Morongo

None will ever accuse you of being the ugly American Johnny. You're
overqualified.

MZ

Nov 15, 2010, 2:16:15 PM11/15/10
On 11/15/2010 8:17 AM, Glenn Greenstein wrote:

Come on guys. Get it together. Make smart use of your killfile to get
rid of the guys you don't like.

BTW "even you Michael" is the funniest line I've read all day. :)

CaptMyng

Nov 15, 2010, 2:25:57 PM11/15/10

It is time to move on as this group slowly but surely dies. Can you
recommend a forum that offers more than 6 trolls and 3 bitter old men
patting themselves on the back?

IYM

Nov 15, 2010, 2:52:39 PM11/15/10

yes -

alt.sports/football.pro.miami-dolphins

They have 10 trolls and 12 bitter old men... :)

....and no quarterbacks...

or

alt.sports/football.pro.buffalo-bills

They don't have any "trolls"....

ummm, actually - they don't have any "anyone" posting...lol

Message has been deleted

Johnny Morongo

Nov 15, 2010, 2:51:27 PM11/15/10

I have a good time here. Occasionally even admitting that I'm wrong ;)
but enjoying the back and forth and even absorbing some snide comments
from time to time.

I've taken a lot of hits here for my anti-Israeli stance, but lets get
one thing clear: I didn't start the acrimonious discussion that ensued.
IMO, it was Glenn who let it get personal. But, like they say, if you
can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. No one should ever expect
me to back down on that issue, about which I am not blinded by any
religious fervor. So if you come poking around with none too subtle
comments, here and in other posts, don't expect me not to respond.
Nevertheless, I'd prefer that the "P" or "I" words never again be
uttered in here. Better for all of us I think.

I did, BTW, offer an olive leaf to Glenn in a message about two or more
months ago in which I asked that we keep the NG topic on football, but
he chose to ignore it, or more probably by that time he had plonked me,
as apparently several others have too. His and their loss, says me.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Johnny Morongo

Nov 15, 2010, 3:00:32 PM11/15/10

American? Probably not. Ugly? I'm hurt.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Johnny Morongo

Nov 15, 2010, 3:17:37 PM11/15/10
On 11/15/2010 12:05 PM, buRford wrote:
> PI PI PI PI PI PI PI pi PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI pi PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI pi
> PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI pi PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI pi PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI
> PI PI pi PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI pi PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI pi PI PI PI!

FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU
FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU
FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU
FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU!

Johnny Morongo

Nov 15, 2010, 3:18:57 PM11/15/10
On 11/15/2010 12:06 PM, John C TX wrote:

>>> & before anyone asks, I am allowed to talk to him like that. The rats
>>> get offended when I write that but b has a sense of humor.
>>
>> ...and a much better understanding of the game than you, you Schittophile.
>
> Yes I like to go potty.
>
> I hear there is an app on the Iphone to remind you to go this might
> work better than your current non-existent system.

Nonetheless, I always make it to a bathroom, Mr. Depends.

Johnny Morongo

Nov 15, 2010, 3:20:40 PM11/15/10
On 11/15/2010 11:59 AM, buRford wrote:
> Hey Glenn - - Can't we all just get along?
>
> Everyone has issues with everyone at some point.
> Heck, some people are even silly enough to have issues with me... yeah, I know, it's
> surprising.
> It's the diversity of opinion that makes it work.
> People just take too many things personally, when in reality, few of us have ever met.
> So, taking things personally is kinda bizarre, even though I've done it too.
>
> We're all just f*cked up... except, of course, the rest of us that are rather *together.*

Well, here in Togetherville, no one is f*cked up.

CaptMyng

Nov 15, 2010, 3:22:23 PM11/15/10

> or
>
> alt.sports/football.pro.buffalo-bills
>
> They don't have any "trolls"....
>
> ummm, actually - they don't have any "anyone" posting...lol

Laugh but that is the future of the Pats, Jets and Dolphins NGs. When
the trolls out number the regulars the end is in sight.
As the jets NG is actively forcing out regulars they look to follow a
Pats NG that is teetering on the edge.

Johnny Morongo

Nov 15, 2010, 3:24:01 PM11/15/10
On 11/15/2010 12:09 PM, John C TX wrote:

>> American? Probably not. Ugly? I'm hurt.
>
> The pain in your life must have dropped considerably when you got rid
> of the mirrors.

Yes, loosing the mirrors did help, but fear of blindness makes you wear
a hat whenever looking into one.

Glenn Greenstein

Nov 15, 2010, 3:26:56 PM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 2:59 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Hey Glenn - - Can't we all just get along?
>
> Everyone has issues with everyone at some point.
> Heck, some people are even silly enough to have issues with me... yeah, I know, it's
> surprising.
> It's the diversity of opinion that makes it work.
> People just take too many things personally, when in reality, few of us have ever met.
> So, taking things personally is kinda bizarre, even though I've done it too.
>
> We're all just f*cked up... except, of course, the rest of us that are rather *together.*

I'm only reading this thread because I knew there would be a post or
two like this one which I will respond to, yours being the only one so
far.
Basically this place has been more of a chore than something I have
enjoyed and if someone is going to stalk me as Carl is, I'd rather not
be here. I am fine posting in a moderated internet NG where this kind
of BS doesn't happen and it's not due to the mod, it's more due to
people respecting each other be it we coached football or not.
Basically this is one time I didn't take someone to task over
something I felt was just plain wrong, I made an ambiguous post about
how things were looking better here at the end result and Carl came at
me. I then made a reference "You can't win them all" refering to Carl,
not the Jets and he again went after me. He then told me Fuck You in
one post and in another agreed with Johnnys opinions which I'm not
even going to mention but let's just say there were a lot of unkind
things Johnny said about me.
So there you have it.

Johnny Morongo

Nov 15, 2010, 3:28:56 PM11/15/10

No one is forcing anyone out. Its EGO that does that.

Johnny Morongo

Nov 15, 2010, 3:34:42 PM11/15/10

I will apologize profusely if you can dig up even ONE unkind thing that
I have ever said about you until my earlier dig at you today. I'll wait...

Michael

Nov 15, 2010, 3:43:53 PM11/15/10

lick my balls

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Tutor

Nov 15, 2010, 4:03:02 PM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 2:51 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 11:11:20 -0800 (PST), Tutor <dcat4...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >On Nov 15, 11:17 am, Glenn Greenstein <lexa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> I just don't want anyone to think I died. After this last exchange
> >> with Carl I am done with this place. Burf, if you ever want to talk to
> >> me you know where I will be.. Mark, Jetslife, Grinch, JohnTx, even you
> >> Michael, it was nice to know you. This place has too many assholes
> >> here for my taste anymore.
>
> >Fuck it Glenn.  The remnants of this group need you.  We've all been a-
> >holes from time to time.  It's the nature of Usenet.  Look, if we can
> >enjoy Brian Pratt, what's a littl Carl arrogance to you?  Means
> >nothing.  Stick around.  I do.  Even though the negativity in here is
> >stifling at times.  Nabobville needs you!
>
> And negativity to one, is a breath of fresh air to another.
> The negativity I see, is from those that get personal with people who have differing
> views.  Not from those some see as SOJists, even though they're expressing things they
> see.
> We're all happy we're winning, but some of us see serious weaknesses in the team, and
> because we express that, we're called negative.  We're told endlessly, we should just be
> happy we're winning.  Thing is, we are happy.  We just want to continue winning  ;)

I'm critical of the team, openly discuss deficiencies when I see them,
but face it BuRf, anyone who expresses anything except abject hatred
of Schott and his offense is continually torpedoed in this group. The
times I have praised Schott for putting out a good game plan Johnny
has labeled me as Mrs. Schott. He's the first to hop in and stomp on
anything positive that's ever said about this offensive coordinator,
one who has his ups and downs no douobt. Carl is similar. Just look
at his response to Glenn's thread. The anti Schott militia in this
group is ridiculous. It goes well beyond discussing perceived
weaknesses in the team. And you know it. God I remember the days of
Hackett and I'll take this anyday over that. I'm the first to join
the foray when the play calling makes no sense, but I am one of the
very few along with Glenn to give credit where credit is due. Most
here do not.

Michael

Nov 15, 2010, 4:05:17 PM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 3:59 pm, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Michael, if that in jest your post was hysterical.
>
> If you wrote that in anger then you are getting sensitive because I
> have written far worse directed at you.

of course in jest you stupid mc

MuahMan

Nov 15, 2010, 4:20:05 PM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 11:17 am, Glenn Greenstein <lexa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I just don't want anyone to think I died. After this last exchange
> with Carl I am done with this place. Burf, if you ever want to talk to
> me you know where I will be.. Mark, Jetslife, Grinch, JohnTx, even you
> Michael, it was nice to know you. This place has too many assholes
> here for my taste anymore.

Not everyone can be an upstanding jew like you and Bernie Madoff.

Johnny Morongo

Nov 15, 2010, 4:30:47 PM11/15/10
On 11/15/2010 1:03 PM, Tutor wrote:

<snip>

> The times I have praised Schott for putting out a good game plan Johnny
> has labeled me as Mrs. Schott. He's the first to hop in and stomp on
> anything positive that's ever said about this offensive coordinator,
> one who has his ups and downs no douobt. Carl is similar. Just look
> at his response to Glenn's thread. The anti Schott militia in this
> group is ridiculous.

Excuse me? How about this, from today's discussions:

"Schott has, in just about every game, calle4d the occasional brilliant
play..."

When he does something good, I'm appreciative. Trouble is that he is
responsible for many more bone-headed calls than for the good ones.

Johnny Morongo

Nov 15, 2010, 4:31:53 PM11/15/10
> of course in jest you stupid mick

Fixed

Glenn Greenstein

Nov 15, 2010, 4:32:59 PM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 3:34 pm, Johnny Morongo
> I have ever said about you until my earlier dig at you today.  I'll wait...- Hide quoted text -

Oh please, you have got to be kidding.
For Christ sake let sleeping dogs lay.

Tutor

Nov 15, 2010, 4:36:22 PM11/15/10

classic

Michael

Nov 15, 2010, 4:36:53 PM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 4:31 pm, Johnny Morongo

hehe

i bet his irish is really up now...

awww, jeeez...

Johnny Morongo

Nov 15, 2010, 4:36:58 PM11/15/10

Not kidding at all. I HAVE said some pretty strong things about your
politics and religious affiliation, but not about you. There is a
difference, you know.

> For Christ sake let sleeping dogs lay.

I'll let 'em lie, but will you?

Johnny Morongo

Nov 15, 2010, 4:37:53 PM11/15/10

Don't worry about that. He can't get anything up. :)

Tutor

Nov 15, 2010, 4:39:29 PM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 2:25 pm, CaptMyng <dfu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 15, 10:17 am, Glenn Greenstein <lexa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I just don't want anyone to think I died. After this last exchange
> > with Carl I am done with this place. Burf, if you ever want to talk to
> > me you know where I will be.. Mark, Jetslife, Grinch, JohnTx, even you
> > Michael, it was nice to know you. This place has too many assholes
> > here for my taste anymore.
>
> It is time to move on as this group slowly but surely dies. Can you
> recommend a forum that offers more than 6 trolls and 3 bitter old men
> patting themselves on the back?

I would offer nyjetschat.com, but unfortuntely the SOJF that dominated
the now defunct NY Times forum for years continually whine over
there. Granted, nothing remotely close to here, but they try. :)

Johnny Morongo

Nov 15, 2010, 4:39:57 PM11/15/10

On a par with Citizen Cane? Or in relation to HIS other pieces of
brilliance?

Glenn Greenstein

Nov 15, 2010, 4:40:44 PM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 4:20 pm, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yeah but it seems there is more assholes than we know what to do
with , right Brian?

Tutor

Nov 15, 2010, 4:42:01 PM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 4:39 pm, Johnny Morongo

It's so "retro usenet". His brand of trolling is circa 1998. I do
miss Bimal and Toste exchanging barbs with JDSal and Buster.

Glenn Greenstein

Nov 15, 2010, 4:47:51 PM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 4:36 pm, Johnny Morongo
> I'll let 'em lie, but will you?- Hide quoted text -

Am I the one asking you to dredge up shit or is it the other way
around? I'm only responding about what Carl wrote so I'd say more than
one person thought you were being a dick with me.
I can't even believe I'm responding to you.
You don't have to worry about me Johnny, this asshole is done.

Johnny Morongo

Nov 15, 2010, 4:49:09 PM11/15/10

I remember Toste, but the others preceded me.

Tutor

Nov 15, 2010, 4:53:04 PM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 4:30 pm, Johnny Morongo

and I don't disagree with that assessment. He's incnsistent. But can
you at least admit that anyone here who for a second combines any
rebuttal to the endless criticism with any appreciation for what he
brings to the table (especially compared to what we have had in other
OC regimes), gets torpedoed? It's gets so bad that times we end up
seeing silly cynical posts blaming Schott for earthquakes, tsunamis
and other world disasters. Frankly, most of the time offensive
failures on the field are based on poor execution, not bad play
calling. Except in Paul hackett's case. I despised Hackett as
intensely as youze guys despise Schott. Maybe that's why I can
tolerate Schott more than the rest of you. I don't forget my
suffering whole he was OC. BTW, if you look at other team's message
boards, you'll see that scapegoating the OC is not unique to Jets
fans. Whenever things don't go right, the first head on the fans'
hooks will be the OC. It happens in almost every team messageboard.

Johnny Morongo

Nov 15, 2010, 4:54:24 PM11/15/10

Then I would say that those "more than one person(s)" need to take
reading comprehension classes.

> I can't even believe I'm responding to you.

Why? Am I that much beneath you, or do I have opinions that differ from
yours?

> You don't have to worry about me Johnny, this asshole is done.

I don't "worry" about you Glenn, but please don't make me out to be the
reason you're leaving the group. In any event, go in peace.

Tutor

Nov 15, 2010, 4:57:40 PM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 4:49 pm, Johnny Morongo
> I remember Toste, but the others preceded me.- Hide quoted text -

Bimal went by the screen name je...@hofstra.com. He was brilliant and
funny. He stopped posting after he had a stroke at the age of 36. If
you google it you'll probably find Pratt making stroke jokes after it
happened. He's good now... plays in my fantasy leagues. So does
Toste. I can't get them to come back. I've tried. Ironically, so
does Greg (JDSal45) who was Bob Jenson's biggest adversary here.
There were so many.. Kent Thaler, Kay Sahagian and more. You will
find kay at nyjetschat.com.

Tutor

Nov 15, 2010, 4:59:50 PM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 3:05 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 11:51:27 -0800, Johnny Morongo <j.mireh...@harmonicconcordance.com>
> wrote:

> >> agreed.  Carl always has a tude.  But most of us do.  Hey, if you guys
> >> can let my faux pas go, then we can do the same for Carl.  He does
> >> offer good insight in his posts and I do look forward to reading
> >> them.  I don't necessarily agree with his stuff, in this instance his
> >> almost maniacal anti Schott crusade, and I have my own complaints
> >> about Schott, but how he and Glenn let it get personal is beyond me.
> >> It's not like Carl engaged him in pro Palestianain anti Israel
> >> rhetoric or anything else completely inappropriate for this group.
>
> >I have a good time here.  Occasionally even admitting that I'm wrong ;)
> >but enjoying the back and forth and even absorbing some snide comments
> >from time to time.
>
> >I've taken a lot of hits here for my anti-Israeli stance, but lets get
> >one thing clear: I didn't start the acrimonious discussion that ensued.
> >  IMO, it was Glenn who let it get personal.  But, like they say, if you
> >can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.  No one should ever expect
> >me to back down on that issue, about which I am not blinded by any
> >religious fervor.  So if you come poking around with none too subtle
> >comments, here and in other posts, don't expect me not to respond.
> >Nevertheless, I'd prefer that the "P" or "I" words never again be
> >uttered in here.  Better for all of us I think.
>
> PI PI PI PI PI PI PI pi PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI pi PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI pi
> PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI pi PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI pi PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI
> PI PI pi PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI pi PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI pi PI PI PI!

principal and interest?

Never been a better time to fiance. Rates are low!

Glenn Greenstein

Nov 15, 2010, 5:05:44 PM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 4:54 pm, Johnny Morongo
> reason you're leaving the group.  In any event, go in peace.- Hide quoted text -

Since I haven't even responded to a thing you have said in about 3
months, how would that at all be possible?

Message has been deleted

JKConey

Nov 15, 2010, 5:06:56 PM11/15/10

"Glenn Greenstein" <lex...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I just don't want anyone to think I died. After this last exchange
> with Carl I am done with this place. Burf, if you ever want to talk to
> me you know where I will be.. Mark, Jetslife, Grinch, JohnTx, even you
> Michael, it was nice to know you. This place has too many assholes
> here for my taste anymore.

It's really so easy to simply ignore, or killfile. Why do the trolls, and
jerks always win? It's not fair.

--

www.myconeyislandmemories.com

Johnny Morongo

Nov 15, 2010, 5:09:23 PM11/15/10

There's not much that I don't agree with you about, David. Even our
mutual disgust w/ Can't Hackett. I hated him MORE than I hate Schott.
But Hackett never had the offensive talent that Schott does, and he's
wasting it. Even you have to realize that many, very many, of the
successful plays were because of the skills and athletic abilities of
those players. No?

Johnny Morongo

Nov 15, 2010, 5:11:21 PM11/15/10

Yeah, I think we all miss them. Even the insane toll taker.

yoyodog

Nov 15, 2010, 5:11:32 PM11/15/10

"Glenn Greenstein" <lex...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I just don't want anyone to think I died. After this last exchange
> with Carl I am done with this place. Burf, if you ever want to talk to
> me you know where I will be.. Mark, Jetslife, Grinch, JohnTx, even you
> Michael, it was nice to know you. This place has too many assholes
> here for my taste anymore.

Wait Wait Glenn!

Don't you see that you've just started a real meaningful thread with
meaningful dialogue here? ;-)

Johnny Morongo

Nov 15, 2010, 5:12:56 PM11/15/10
On 11/15/2010 2:06 PM, John C TX wrote:

>>> hehe
>>
>>> i bet his irish is really up now...
>>
>>> awww, jeeez...
>>
>> Don't worry about that. He can't get anything up. :)
>
> I am teeing one up here but I can't help myself.
>
> Dialogue from Gran Torino?

You mean the movie that you never sent me? I never saw it so I'm not
familiar with the dialogue.

Glenn Greenstein

Nov 15, 2010, 5:16:37 PM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 5:11 pm, "yoyodog" <connarchNOS...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Glenn Greenstein" <lexa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing. Maybe I'm the reason this
place sucks. I don't start enough threads ;-)
Gonna miss ya Dog. Not sure I'm going to be doing any more renavations
either.

Message has been deleted

yoyodog

Nov 15, 2010, 6:24:35 PM11/15/10

"Glenn Greenstein" <lex...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Hopefully the one you have will continue to last a while... Is it still the
same? Ya know, I never got and finished pics of your place. Always wanted
to come out and take a long twilight shot from the water's edge after the
season's first snow with all the lights turned on inside. Too bad. Even
the contractor didn't get any good shots of all that cool steel work. Oh
well...

papa.carl44

Nov 15, 2010, 6:47:45 PM11/15/10

"Glenn Greenstein" <lex...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Glenn...don't have to go...I'm gone. Have a good life...I don't know you
and this newsgroup thing probably got out of hand. Be well. Papa Carl

Harlan Lachman

Nov 15, 2010, 7:22:33 PM11/15/10
In article
<f345c58e-e88e-47d4...@p11g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
Tutor <dcat...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Nov 15, 11:17 am, Glenn Greenstein <lexa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > I just don't want anyone to think I died. After this last exchange
> > with Carl I am done with this place. Burf, if you ever want to talk to
> > me you know where I will be.. Mark, Jetslife, Grinch, JohnTx, even you
> > Michael, it was nice to know you. This place has too many assholes
> > here for my taste anymore.
>

> Fuck it Glenn. The remnants of this group need you. We've all been a-
> holes from time to time. It's the nature of Usenet. Look, if we can
> enjoy Brian Pratt, what's a littl Carl arrogance to you? Means
> nothing. Stick around. I do. Even though the negativity in here is
> stifling at times. Nabobville needs you!

Ditto Glenn. I am not even saddened that apparently I won't be missed.
Please consider staying and sharing and using the Killfile liberally.
This NG is much better than any Blog I have found.

Harlan

papa.carl44

Nov 15, 2010, 7:28:28 PM11/15/10

On Nov 15, 2:59 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 11:12:55 -0800 (PST), Glenn Greenstein
> <lexa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >On Nov 15, 11:30 am, Johnny Morongo
> ><j.mireh...@harmonicconcordance.com> wrote:

Glenn...I am not stalking you....get a grip...you responded to what I said
that set this off...you went after me ! I apologize for God's sake.

Glenn Greenstein

Nov 15, 2010, 7:32:23 PM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 7:28 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:
> "Glenn Greenstein" <lexa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Carl what's the point? You apologize until the next time I don't think
Schott was at fault and you tell me to go fuck myself again?

Glenn Greenstein

Nov 15, 2010, 7:34:10 PM11/15/10

It's still here in all it's glory Pierre, Any time you get the urge
just give me a call. I think you still have our number.

papa.carl44

Nov 15, 2010, 8:01:14 PM11/15/10

"Glenn Greenstein" <lex...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Glenn, let's be reasonable...I have a hot temper at times, I admit. But
look at the words you use...you don't tell me you think I'm wrong or give me
reasons..you start out telling me I'm double talking etc. Yes...stuff like
that irritates me. Am I supposed to not say what I think about the
offense????? It seems that if I continued to post here that is the only
solution that would satisfy you. I can't figure out what your post is in
reference to...I thought you meant the Jets. I'm not going after you...if
we lived near each other I would like nothing better than to shake hands,
sit down and talk like friends. I go off...yes, but you do a good job of it
too. I just don't think I'm going to become a believer in the Jets
offensive system till something really changes.

Michael

Nov 15, 2010, 8:22:04 PM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 8:01 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
> offensive system till something really changes.- Hide quoted text -

Schotty sucks. It should not be taken personal by fans who KNOW he
does suck or the ones who THINK he's being scape goated. We dont
suck. Schotty does.

yoyodog

Nov 15, 2010, 9:20:14 PM11/15/10

"Glenn Greenstein" <lex...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Thanks for the offer, I'll keep that in mind the next time I've got
something out your way. It'll prolly be a shock though... those two sweet
little girls of yours will probably both be all growed up and out on dates
and stuff while we sip on a couple beers with our rounder grayer bodies
talking about the good ol' days when Donovan McNabb was a sophomore NFL'er
and Michael Vick was a rookie... LOL ;-)

John McSorley

Nov 15, 2010, 9:43:17 PM11/15/10

wrote:
> "Glenn Greenstein" <lexa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

<snip>

You guys crack me up...The Jets are doing as well as they have been in
the last 12 years or so, and you're here
arguing about who is responsible for why the Jets aren't winning
"better". So you guys resort to ad hominem attacks, whining, and
threats to leave a.s.f.p.nyj. Just stop for a day, take a deep breath,
and look at what you are writing...very silly. I expect
more from you guys :)

JM

MZ

Nov 15, 2010, 9:58:27 PM11/15/10
On 11/15/2010 12:43 PM, Michael wrote:

> On Nov 15, 2:16 pm, MZ<m...@nospam.void> wrote:
>> On 11/15/2010 8:17 AM, Glenn Greenstein wrote:
>>
>>> I just don't want anyone to think I died. After this last exchange
>>> with Carl I am done with this place. Burf, if you ever want to talk to
>>> me you know where I will be.. Mark, Jetslife, Grinch, JohnTx, even you
>>> Michael, it was nice to know you. This place has too many assholes
>>> here for my taste anymore.
>>
>> Come on guys. Get it together. Make smart use of your killfile to get
>> rid of the guys you don't like.
>>
>> BTW "even you Michael" is the funniest line I've read all day. :)
>
> lick my balls

haha I didn't say it..

papa.carl44

Nov 15, 2010, 9:59:28 PM11/15/10

"John McSorley" <tute...@gmail.com> wrote in message

<snip>

JM

:-) Very good advice. I'm very happy they are winning and I want them to
take that trend to the end. PC

MZ

Nov 15, 2010, 10:00:32 PM11/15/10
On 11/15/2010 1:03 PM, Tutor wrote:
> On Nov 15, 2:51 pm, buRford<buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

>>> Fuck it Glenn. The remnants of this group need you. We've all been a-
>>> holes from time to time. It's the nature of Usenet. Look, if we can
>>> enjoy Brian Pratt, what's a littl Carl arrogance to you? Means
>>> nothing. Stick around. I do. Even though the negativity in here is
>>> stifling at times. Nabobville needs you!
>>
>> And negativity to one, is a breath of fresh air to another.
>> The negativity I see, is from those that get personal with people who have differing
>> views. Not from those some see as SOJists, even though they're expressing things they
>> see.
>> We're all happy we're winning, but some of us see serious weaknesses in the team, and
>> because we express that, we're called negative. We're told endlessly, we should just be
>> happy we're winning. Thing is, we are happy. We just want to continue winning ;)
>
> I'm critical of the team, openly discuss deficiencies when I see them,
> but face it BuRf, anyone who expresses anything except abject hatred
> of Schott and his offense is continually torpedoed in this group. The

> times I have praised Schott for putting out a good game plan Johnny
> has labeled me as Mrs. Schott. He's the first to hop in and stomp on
> anything positive that's ever said about this offensive coordinator,
> one who has his ups and downs no douobt. Carl is similar. Just look
> at his response to Glenn's thread. The anti Schott militia in this
> group is ridiculous. It goes well beyond discussing perceived
> weaknesses in the team. And you know it. God I remember the days of
> Hackett and I'll take this anyday over that. I'm the first to join
> the foray when the play calling makes no sense, but I am one of the
> very few along with Glenn to give credit where credit is due. Most
> here do not.

Oh come on. Then there's John, who feels it's his civic duty to defend
Schott to the death and perpetually give him the benefit of the doubt.

He's right more often than not, btw. Although I still think Schott is
mediocre.

Tutor

Nov 15, 2010, 10:59:39 PM11/15/10
> mediocre.- Hide quoted text -

He is a cut above mediocre, but not by all that much in my view.
After years of horrendous (Hackett felt like an eternity) and Hermball
I guess it is palatable to me. Especially when the team wins. But
seeing wha fans of other teams do their OCs on other sites leads me to
believe that it is just a part of the job as OC to take all the heat.

Michael

Nov 15, 2010, 11:07:34 PM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 10:00 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> mediocre.- Hide quoted text -

he is a charlatan. he stinks. dhani jones needs to spray him down
with febreze sport.

mr dude@harvarduniversity.edu

Nov 15, 2010, 11:36:17 PM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 10:00 pm, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:

> He's right more often than not, btw.  Although I still think Schott is
> mediocre.

Watch out Housewife's of New Jersey!!!

There's a new show called "Gay Posters of New Jersey" that will topple
your ratings!!!!

mr dude (needs a hug)

MZ

Nov 16, 2010, 12:35:48 AM11/16/10

Since when am I gay or from NJ? [not sure which one of those is the
bigger insult]

Johnny Morongo

Nov 16, 2010, 12:49:37 AM11/16/10

He needs to be replaced. I'm goin' on a Jim Fassel campaign, as of
now.

Grinch

Nov 16, 2010, 2:39:36 AM11/16/10
On Nov 15, 4:53 pm, Tutor <dcat4...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Nov 15, 4:30 pm, Johnny Morongo
>

> <j.mireh...@harmonicconcordance.com> wrote:
> > On 11/15/2010 1:03 PM, Tutor wrote:
>
> > <snip>

> > > The times I have praised Schott for putting out a good game plan Johnny
> > > has labeled me as Mrs. Schott.  He's the first to hop in and stomp on
> > > anything positive that's ever said about this offensive coordinator,
> > > one who has his ups and downs no douobt.  Carl is similar.  Just look
> > > at his response to Glenn's thread.  The anti Schott militia in this
> > > group is ridiculous.
>
> > Excuse me?  How about this, from today's discussions:
>
> > "Schott has, in just about every game, calle4d the occasional brilliant
> > play..."
>
> > When he does something good, I'm appreciative.  Trouble is that he is
> > responsible for many more bone-headed calls than for the good ones.
>
> and I don't disagree with that assessment.  He's incnsistent.  But can
> you at least admit that anyone here who for a second combines any
> rebuttal to the endless criticism with any appreciation for what he
> brings to the table (especially compared to what we have had in other
> OC regimes), gets torpedoed?  It's gets so bad that times we end up
> seeing silly cynical posts blaming Schott for earthquakes, tsunamis
> and other world disasters.

For starters. :-)

> Frankly, most of the time offensive
> failures on the field are based on poor execution, not bad play
> calling.  Except in Paul hackett's case.  I despised Hackett as
> intensely as youze guys despise Schott.

Hackett *was* horrible. Continually topped the league in completed 3rd
down passes that failed to get a first down. They should give a prize
for that.

> Maybe that's why I can
> tolerate Schott more than the rest of you.  I don't forget my
> suffering whole he was OC.

That's right. But some people remember only the present.

> BTW, if you look at other team's message
> boards, you'll see that scapegoating the OC is not unique to Jets
> fans.  Whenever things don't go right, the first head on the fans'
> hooks will be the OC.  It happens in almost every team messageboard.

Or the DC. Absolutely.

Why do you think Herm threw so many coordinators overboard in his two
tenures?

He played that game better than anybody. "Give 'em the OC and the DC
before they turn on me." Repeat.

The thing was, every OC Herm ever hired called the same game. The ones
in KC were even *worse*. Herm's last playoff game against the Colts
was the worst-called game I ever saw in my life, so bad there is none
in second place.

See, it's the HC. It's *always* the HC.

But unhappy fans never want to believe it because if it is their new
HC they are screwed, but if it is the OC or DC they can just fire him
and hire someone competent, who will easily let the team be as good as
it should be, they imagine.

"If only the Czar knew what his evil ministers are doing..."

And before people start asking, "Hey, why doesn't he know?", *splash*,
another coordinator hits the water.

That's with someone like Herm in a team-destroying year.

With the Jets going 7-2, not to mention the Schott family's Rasputin-
like infuence over Woody, it ain't gonna happen here this year to this
OC. Sorry, guys.

(Though Rex's DC might want to buy water wings if the pass D stays
ranked 20th this year after being #1 last year. What's his name?)

I'm still puzzled by this iron grip the Schott family supposedly has
on Woody's gonads. If Woody's really so impressed by the great Schott
the Pop that he insists on foisting Jr on Rex the Meek against his
will, why didn't he just hire Pop instead of Rex? And get the real
thing!

Now if someone were to propose a more credible explanation -- like
Schott has cell phone pictures of Woody and Tanny sharing a stall in a
gay bar, with his finger on the broadcast button -- well, then I might
be sympathetic to the notion. I just want an explanation that makes a
little sense.

Grinch

Nov 16, 2010, 2:53:20 AM11/16/10
> believe that it is just a part of the job as OC to take all the heat.- Hide quoted text -

Fans think that 10-6 is a .500 record and such mediocrity should not
be rewarded. First they go after the OC and DC, then the HC.

Unless they are coming off a really long stretch of awful football.
Then they will be really happy with 9-7, for *one* year, but only
one. "Expectations rise", and *really* fast.

Look at the Jets. Last year's record of 8+a gift-7 left everyone
giddy with optimism. And as Burf said, expectations are now higher.

So 7-2 now has people pulling their hair out in frustration at such
failure.

During all those years of lousy football people here would watch other
winning teams win close games and say: "That's what *good* teams do,
find ways to win close games".

So now we're the winning team finding ways to win close games, and
suddenly its what *bad* teams do. Let the game stay close. 7-2, best
record in the league, sucks.

Go figure.

Grinch

Nov 16, 2010, 2:59:18 AM11/16/10
On Nov 15, 9:43 pm, John McSorley <tutesc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 15, 8:01 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
> wrote:
>
> > "Glenn Greenstein" <lexa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>
> You guys crack me up...The Jets are doing as well as they have been in
> the last 12 years or so, and you're here
> arguing about who is responsible for why the Jets aren't winning
> "better".

That's what they're doing.

> So you guys resort to ad hominem attacks, whining, and
> threats to leave a.s.f.p.nyj.

It seems that best-record-in-the-league success makes some people
viscious instead of ... you know ... happy!

Success, the great divider.

> Just stop for a day, take a deep breath,

Don't count on it. Except to fill the lungs for another shout. :-)

> and look at what you are writing...very silly. I expect
> more from you guys :)

There's always hope.

Except for long-time Jets fans.

> JM

Grinch

Nov 16, 2010, 3:01:18 AM11/16/10
On Nov 15, 7:22 pm, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article
> <f345c58e-e88e-47d4-b74d-6f68217b4...@p11g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,

Yes. Good advice. God created killfiles for a reason. Heed His will.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Michael

Nov 16, 2010, 9:46:37 AM11/16/10
On Nov 16, 9:28 am, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >  he is a charlatan.  he stinks.  dhani jones needs to spray him down
> > with febreze sport.
>
> Michael you ask a man to lick your privates & now you talk about
> Febreze.  You need to take a nap.
>
> :)

I asked MZ to lick my privates... I hurled an anti potato eater slur
at you. In jest of course.

Glenn Greenstein

Nov 16, 2010, 10:15:19 AM11/16/10
On Nov 15, 3:28 pm, Johnny Morongo
<j.mireh...@harmonicconcordance.com> wrote:
> On 11/15/2010 12:22 PM, CaptMyng wrote:
>

> >> or
>
> >> alt.sports/football.pro.buffalo-bills
>
> >> They don't have any "trolls"....
>
> >> ummm, actually - they don't have any "anyone" posting...lol
>
> > Laugh but that is the future of the Pats, Jets and Dolphins NGs. When
> > the trolls out number the regulars the end is in sight.
> > As the jets NG is actively forcing out regulars they look to follow a
> > Pats NG that is teetering on the edge.
>
> No one is forcing anyone out.  Its EGO that does that.- Hide quoted text -

In this case it's not wanting to deal with other peoples personal
attacks.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Nov 16, 2010, 1:28:54 PM11/16/10

"buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 12:22:23 -0800 (PST), CaptMyng <dfu...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>>> or
>>>
>>> alt.sports/football.pro.buffalo-bills
>>>
>>> They don't have any "trolls"....
>>>
>>> ummm, actually - they don't have any "anyone" posting...lol
>>

>>Laugh but that is the future of the Pats, Jets and Dolphins NGs. When
>>the trolls out number the regulars the end is in sight.
>>As the jets NG is actively forcing out regulars they look to follow a
>>Pats NG that is teetering on the edge.
>
> Interesting.
> If anyone was able to *force* anyone out of a NG, wouldn't it be the
> trolls that would be
> forced out?
> People leave because people often lose site of what this NG is - - a
> football discussion
> group.
> When it deviates from football, into the personal, feelings get hurt...
> people get
> frustrated & annoyed.
> NGs are dying because most people, no longer even know they exist.

Burf..you are right on all acounts here. I over react to some of the stuff
some people say. As far as my comments about football, they were my own,
based on my own experience and not from just watching TV or reading sports
pundits. Admittedly, like most things they are opinions. Hell, some guys
have an opinion that a Wing T approach in high school is the way to go and
others swear by the Sprint Draw offense. The subject is always full of
opinions and that's why there are so many different approaches to the game
on both sides of the ball. What has bothered me is a few of us have an
opinion that the approach to the offense of the NY Jets is not the best way
to use the talent available to them. We state that, and at times we
probably do it in terms that are rough and may irritate those with differing
opinions. Then those folks return with a littany of mocking type posts
about those of us who have a different opinion. ALL of this behavior is
very juvenile. I looked at the events in this group over the last couple
days and it just not something I want to be part of. This was something I
really enjoyed doing, but obviously a lot of folks here take offense to my
opinions based on my own experiences and that is fair. I don't think they
know what they are talking about either. I just don't want to be somewhere
that an angry person who can come at people but doesn't like any of it back
tells someone he is being stalked. That is WAY over the top. It's been fun
with some of you. Burf and Johnny, and John I communicated with the most.
Michael and I agree and disagree but enjoyed the communication. Mark, I
think you really get the game and I like your insights. Be well. Papa Carl

Johnny Morongo

Nov 16, 2010, 1:29:26 PM11/16/10
On 11/16/2010 10:03 AM, buRford wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 12:17:37 -0800, Johnny Morongo<j.mir...@harmonicconcordance.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/15/2010 12:05 PM, buRford wrote:

>>> PI PI PI PI PI PI PI pi PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI pi PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI pi
>>> PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI pi PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI pi PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI
>>> PI PI pi PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI pi PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI PI pi PI PI PI!
>>
>> FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU
>> FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU
>> FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU
>> FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU FU!
>>

> Foo?

Yep. Foo you too.

Johnny Morongo

Nov 16, 2010, 1:39:37 PM11/16/10
On 11/16/2010 10:28 AM, papa.carl44 wrote:
> "buRford"<buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message

>>> Laugh but that is the future of the Pats, Jets and Dolphins NGs. When
>>> the trolls out number the regulars the end is in sight.
>>> As the jets NG is actively forcing out regulars they look to follow a
>>> Pats NG that is teetering on the edge.
>>
>> Interesting.
>> If anyone was able to *force* anyone out of a NG, wouldn't it be the
>> trolls that would be
>> forced out?
>> People leave because people often lose site of what this NG is - - a
>> football discussion
>> group.
>> When it deviates from football, into the personal, feelings get hurt...
>> people get
>> frustrated& annoyed.

>> NGs are dying because most people, no longer even know they exist.
>
> Burf..you are right on all acounts here. I over react to some of the stuff
> some people say. As far as my comments about football, they were my own,
> based on my own experience and not from just watching TV or reading sports
> pundits. Admittedly, like most things they are opinions. Hell, some guys
> have an opinion that a Wing T approach in high school is the way to go and
> others swear by the Sprint Draw offense. The subject is always full of
> opinions and that's why there are so many different approaches to the game
> on both sides of the ball. What has bothered me is a few of us have an
> opinion that the approach to the offense of the NY Jets is not the best way
> to use the talent available to them. We state that, and at times we
> probably do it in terms that are rough and may irritate those with differing
> opinions. Then those folks return with a littany of mocking type posts
> about those of us who have a different opinion. ALL of this behavior is
> very juvenile. I looked at the events in this group over the last couple
> days and it just not something I want to be part of. This was something I
> really enjoyed doing, but obviously a lot of folks here take offense to my
> opinions based on my own experiences and that is fair. I don't think they
> know what they are talking about either. I just don't want to be somewhere
> that an angry person who can come at people but doesn't like any of it back
> tells someone he is being stalked. That is WAY over the top. It's been fun
> with some of you. Burf and Johnny, and John I communicated with the most.
> Michael and I agree and disagree but enjoyed the communication. Mark, I
> think you really get the game and I like your insights. Be well. Papa Carl

Ta ta, Pops. I'll miss you at least. I'd really miss all the regs
here. I'm sorry if I've contributed to the group's disintegration in
any way. Come back Glenn! Don't go Papa. All youse who hate me for my
politics. Don't piss on your own shoes. Stick around. Bound to be
more than a few good food fights left in here.

Johnny Morongo

Nov 16, 2010, 1:40:45 PM11/16/10
On 11/15/2010 8:17 AM, Glenn Greenstein wrote:
> I just don't want anyone to think I died. After this last exchange
> with Carl I am done with this place. Burf, if you ever want to talk to
> me you know where I will be.. Mark, Jetslife, Grinch, JohnTx, even you
> Michael, it was nice to know you. This place has too many assholes
> here for my taste anymore.

Wicked long thread though.

It is loading more messages.