Holmes "Haven't run slant all game"

cd

Nov 14, 2010, 5:59:02 PM11/14/10
It's true, why does it appear that they don't run slants or crossing
routes, with a defender trailing. I also don't like that either they
are not coached or the players don't on their own run back to the qb
and give a scrambling qb a target. I saw Sanchez looking for an
option and just throwing it away or checking it down for no gain.

papa.carl44

Nov 14, 2010, 8:41:31 PM11/14/10

"cd" <cd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

That stuff only happens when you practice it all the time. My guess is
Schott is so busy putting in all of his cute crap and tons of useless motion
that they actually ommit certain basic pieces of practice and he
rationalizes it by feeling it is obvious stuff you should do....obvious or
not...you only do it when it becomes second nature by practicing it....they
don't do it.

papa.carl44

Nov 14, 2010, 9:24:00 PM11/14/10

"papa.carl44" <papad...@nospamverizon.net> wrote in message

The Schott defenders have to understand something...this guy gets a HUGE
pass because of who his old man is. If you don't believe that tell me how
often you hear anyone associated with the pro game bad mouth Richie Kotite?
They don't...it is a very tight community....if Schott were not Marty's son
I promise that some questions would be raised guys like Simms or at least
one of the more objective guys...it will never happen. If you guys think
this offense looked well thought out, well game planned and is something
that can be executed easily...you flat out do not know much about the game.
There is no flow to it...it is a bunch of crap that takes way too long to
develop...and that you do hear from some of the commentators. I find it
very frustrating to try and watch.

Harlan Lachman

Nov 14, 2010, 10:33:27 PM11/14/10
In article <7tSdnUDMirtWEn3R...@giganews.com>,
"papa.carl44" <papad...@nospamverizon.net> wrote:

Don't forget his overload O-line plays that cause so many false starts
OR the WR or TE going in motion back in forth and ending coming into the
line to make it easier for the defenders to stop a run.

papa.carl44

Nov 14, 2010, 11:03:10 PM11/14/10

"Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

There is one there that really baffles me....TE starts out in H position and
goes in motion to the other side, then sets on line as TE....THEN...the WR
on that side goes in motion back the other way, essentially the D playing
zone can leave it alone and it does cause a lot of false starts, not being
set and it looks like what they want Keller to do is much more difficult
when he is in a stance on the LOS....these exotic shifts usually wind up in
LT over guard too.

John C TX

Nov 15, 2010, 1:10:43 AM11/15/10
On Nov 14, 10:03 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:

> "Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

> > In article <7tSdnUDMirtWEn3RnZ2dnUVZ_jmdn...@giganews.com>,
> > "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net> wrote:
>
> >> "cd" <c...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Then how do you explain the false starts when there is no movement?

You guys get so busy typing in here I wonder how you even watch the
game.

papa.carl44

Nov 15, 2010, 6:49:21 AM11/15/10

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

John....why don't you look at the time I typed it...WAY after the game was
over, I posted a little at half time...never during play.

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Nov 15, 2010, 10:23:16 AM11/15/10

>> "John C TX" <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote in
>> messagenews:fc033ac2-593c-4448...@j33g2000vbb.googlegroups.com...
> I use Google so sometimes it is visible and sometimes it isn't. I saw
> many of your other posts.
>
> My point is still valid. On Keller's penalty there was no shifts &
> even if there was, why is a TE moving so difficult?

John, We do not disagree on this....it appears to me they spend so much time
going over all the tricky crap that they just don't practice basics. They
need to take the offense into a domed practice facility with loud as hell
crowd sounds and drill the crap out of them...btw...some of those penalties
result when Keller sets and the WR goes into motion too quickly or they snap
the ball too quickly..but he should not move when he sets in that position.

Message has been deleted

Harlan Lachman

Nov 15, 2010, 6:20:55 PM11/15/10
In article <gKadnXQv6e-dLH3R...@giganews.com>,
"papa.carl44" <papad...@nospamverizon.net> wrote:

Yes. That tooooooooo.

Harlan Lachman

Nov 15, 2010, 6:25:02 PM11/15/10
In article
<fc033ac2-593c-4448...@j33g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,

Even my DVR copy of the game was over. I missed nothing.

You are right that had I not had to clear the DVR, it would be
interesting for someone to count the number of false starts and other
stupid penalties on plays involving overloads, major movement/shifts,
and basic sets.

Since I have too little time (pun) and not enough film, I will still
stand by my ancient, lying eyes and believe that on a percentage basis,
there are clearly more false starts, illegal formations, and illegal
motions on plays involving overloads and major shifts/movement than
basic sets.

harlan

Message has been deleted

Johnny Morongo

Nov 16, 2010, 1:17:48 PM11/16/10
On 11/16/2010 5:22 AM, John C TX wrote:

>> In article
>> <fc033ac2-593c-4448-bec4-a6f694b03...@j33g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
> Harlan, the good news is they had FEWER this week.

Old English teacher. ;)

Message has been deleted

Johnny Morongo

Nov 16, 2010, 4:13:51 PM11/16/10
On 11/16/2010 11:56 AM, John C TX wrote:
>>> Harlan, the good news is they had FEWER this week.
>>
>> Old English teacher. ;)
>
> LOL, I was wondering what typos I made for it to become Old English.
>
> That was bad one. Most of my typing/spelling errors are do to
> laziness& something that gets lost in between my brain&
> fingertips . This one is just stupid.

LOL! Like this one? "That was bad one."

You are the worst. The best. The funniest. The dumbest. Ejit!

Message has been deleted