OT: Andrew Luck

1 view

Michael

Jan 7, 2011, 10:28:53 AM1/7/11
You have to be kidding me ???

Dont be a fool, get the hell out of school.

$50,000,000... Kiss it goodbye now if you slip on a grape and bust
your ass.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ritchie

Jan 7, 2011, 11:53:26 AM1/7/11

He made a stupid decision. I admire him for wanting to get his degree
but he can play, make the money and get his degree in the off season.

yoyodog

Jan 7, 2011, 12:15:58 PM1/7/11

"Ritchie" <ritch...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Not if he's working on an B Arch degree he can't. That's a full-time 24/7
degree. I know, NJSOA 1982-1987

Michael

Jan 7, 2011, 12:42:42 PM1/7/11
On Jan 7, 10:57 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> He wants his degree in Architecture... more power to him.
> Either way, he's going to do well for himself... so he makes a few million, if he slips on
> the grape.  The kid has his head on straight.
> Also, he probably doesn't want to go to Carolina ;)

i have a close friend that is a licensed architect. such a degree is
not that big of a deal on its own. it is not a turn key meal
ticket. not only do the highly paid and sough after guys have a
degree in architecture, but they also have advanced degrees in
mechanical engineering and enormous real time experience. you can
enter into the pro ranks and STILL complete a four year architectural
degree. the architects that are, known, sought after for big money
jobs have more than a four year degree. they have advanced degrees in
mechanical engineering and are enormously experienced. the four year
degree jobs design kitchens for house wives. 50mm bucks does not hold
you back from having an architectural career... it gives you the
resources to have any further education you want on your terms AND you
can also use it to market yourself, start a building-architectural
company and staff it with very experienced people that you can learn
from and associate yourself with.

Message has been deleted

Michael

Jan 7, 2011, 12:58:07 PM1/7/11
On Jan 7, 12:47 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Jan 2011 12:15:58 -0500, "yoyodog" <NOS...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >"Ritchie" <ritchie1...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I never realized it took such sophisticated techniques, to design a yoyo.
> Ok... I'm sorry... was just driving in white-out conditions, and I my keen razor-like wit
> hasn't re-entered my being yet  ;)- Hide quoted text -

not to design a yoyo... but if he is like most of the truly great
architect, he has the intense drive to erect gigantic and creative
representations of his weenie all over the planet. Mississippi guys
text their weenie to tarts. Stanford guys build their weenies in
great cities.

Keith Keller

Jan 7, 2011, 2:36:07 PM1/7/11

Is it worth $50 million to have to play for Carolina? If he injures
himself, yeah, he's lost a huge amount, but if he simply hurts his draft
status it's probably better for his football career in the long run.
(Obviously he doesn't want to hurt it too badly, but if he drops to the
late first round it's probably worth the lost near-term money.)

--keith

--
kkeller...@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
(try just my userid to email me)

Message has been deleted

yoyodog

Jan 7, 2011, 4:55:54 PM1/7/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

You don't know what you're talking about. Any real accredited architecture
program is a 5 year 120 credit degree minimum. Studio alone is a minimum of
3-6 hour (18 class hours)per week not counting the full-time work working on
the design for presentation. Anyone trying to get an arch degree AND hold
ANY job at the same time is in for a very long time studying, something to
the effct of an additional year or two just to get through the program.
Afterwards, there is an average 2-3 year apprenticeship period before even
qualifying for licensing. But on average, architects pass their licensing
after about 5 to 7 years or working in an office where there is at least one
principal who is a licensed individual.

It's a long grueling career choice but rewarding once the time has been put
in.

yoyodog

Jan 7, 2011, 4:58:09 PM1/7/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

weenies and yoyo's would make an interesting start point for an organic
playful head office for the Oscar Meyer Playhouse of Undecisive Texters

yoyodog

Jan 7, 2011, 5:02:03 PM1/7/11

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> but he can play, make the money and get his degree in the off season.
>
> Not if he's working on an B Arch degree he can't. That's a full-time 24/7
> degree. I know, NJSOA 1982-1987

>>> Yo, I can appreciate what you went through, not because I did it but
because I coached a rugby team that had an accredited program. The
electrical & chemical engineers broke their a** but still stayed with
rugby. In the 5 years I was there no architecture kid could do both.

>>>btw Michael there are 4 year programs but they are non-professional &
have to go back & get a Masters.

>>>I still think this is not done. If the CBA gets signed he may jump
into the NFL.

But but but... I thought architects just drew blueprints and were an
unaffordable luxury... ;-)

Michael

Jan 7, 2011, 6:08:14 PM1/7/11
On Jan 7, 4:55 pm, "yoyodog" <NOS...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message

i dont know about archetecture because I'm not an archetect. one of
my closest friends is and so is his wife... he was graduated from
njit. so was his wife. as a matter of fact, they did the
archetectural designs for me and arranged the contractors when i put
an addition on my house. i dont remember how long it took them to get
through school, but my friend continued his education for two more
years after he was licenced. both of them have told me countless
times that it is not a big money occupation unless you have experience
and mechanical engineering too

yoyodog

Jan 7, 2011, 6:30:33 PM1/7/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Oh crap... NJIT? what years? That's where the NJSOA is. New Jersey
School of Architecture at the New Jersey Institute of Technology. We could
tell stories about Don Wall, Steve Zdepski, Karen Franck et al...

Michael

Jan 7, 2011, 7:03:07 PM1/7/11
> tell stories about Don Wall, Steve Zdepski, Karen Franck  et al...- Hide quoted text -

not exactly sure i remember the year... i went to rowan university,
but i did not star college until one year after high school. it took
me four years there, and my friend graduated from njit about the same
time i did, but he started a year sooner than i did. so... he was in
school for about one year longer than me. five years i guess. i think
it was 1990 or 1991 that he got out of there. his wife graduated a
year later... after he became an architect he still went for two more
years of some sort of engineering study. i will send him an email
with those names and see if he knows them :-) sadly, i also knew
another girl that went there who had passed away recently.

Beiselbub©

Jan 7, 2011, 7:14:53 PM1/7/11
On Jan 7, 10:42 am, Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:

> i have a close friend that is a licensed architect.  such a degree is
> not that big of a deal on its own.  it is not a turn key  meal
> ticket.  not only do the highly paid and sough after guys have a
> degree in architecture, but they also have advanced degrees  in
> mechanical engineering and enormous real time experience.

Once again, Michael opines about a topic of which he knows nothing.
Listening to him hold court is almost as amusing as when Rex opens his
mouth.

Michael

Jan 7, 2011, 8:14:23 PM1/7/11

since you are so knowledgeable... tell me a few newly minted
architects that make 50mm when they sign their first contract... if
you cant find any getting paid a few million, may be tell me a few you
know of that make in the high six figures ??? ones just starting
out... you'd have a hard time finding too many novice architecst that
makes low six figures.

Beiselbub©

Jan 7, 2011, 10:31:24 PM1/7/11

I didn't say anything of the sort; I said you don't have a clue what
you are talking about, and that hasn't changed with your latest
screed.

Michael

Jan 7, 2011, 11:12:38 PM1/7/11
> screed.- Hide quoted text -

you mean it makes you feel relevant when you insinuate yourself over
newsgroup posters ??? perhaps next you will say that I am unable to
read or write ??? going by your commentary relating to football, i'd
say you are the one that has no clue. you are a poor troll as well,
but at least you have more of a handle on being an agitator than you
do at understanding football.

Harlan Lachman

Jan 7, 2011, 11:57:12 PM1/7/11
In article
<98f3d3b0-5fd3-41dd...@t35g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>,
Michael <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote:

Michael, I think Andrew's choice and your response says a lot about both
of you and what you both value.

Message has been deleted

Michael

Jan 8, 2011, 10:40:52 AM1/8/11
On Jan 7, 11:57 pm, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article
> <98f3d3b0-5fd3-41dd-966b-c6783fb83...@t35g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>,

>  Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:
> > You have to be kidding me ???
>
> > Dont be a fool, get the hell out of school.
>
> > $50,000,000... Kiss it goodbye now if you slip on a grape and bust
> > your ass.
>
> Michael, I think Andrew's choice and your response says a lot about both
> of you and what you both value.

not quite, harlan...

if i saw no value in education, i would not have gone to college, nor
would i have graduated with a 3.7. at the same time i was in college,
i also wanted to have spending money, a nice car and a decent
wardrobe. so...while i was going to school full time i also worked at
a local ford dealership in the afternoons when i did not have classes.
on the weekends i drove back up to north nj where i lived and worked
on saturday from 9am to 9pm selling furniture at a high end retail
store. also... my major was advertising, but i also liked history a
lot, so i had a minor in history. i did not think i could make a red
dime with history, but i wanted to learn regardless so i took on the
extra work load... this was all really no big deal because i was not
at a IV leage school with a difficult major and there were a lot of
kids that had no choice but to work to get through school. i had
family help, so i only worked because i wanted some extra stuff... the
point i making is that andrew luck does not have to give up being an
archetect or engineer or what ever he wants to be if he reels in 30mm
to 50mm dollars. with such tremendous resources, not only can he get
his license, he can start his own building co or what ever. it is
simply not true that he wont ever be able to become an archetect if he
declares for the draft. do you know what you can do with 50mm ??? you
can buy a huge house near stanford, donate to an endowment there and
fly back and forth forth daily on a charter for classes. im not saying
i know the first thing about archetecture... just pointing out about
the doors you can open with the money he would get if he signs.

Johnny Morongo

Jan 8, 2011, 2:27:14 PM1/8/11
On Jan 7, 9:47 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Jan 2011 12:15:58 -0500, "yoyodog" <NOS...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >"Ritchie" <ritchie1...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I never realized it took such sophisticated techniques, to design a yoyo.
> Ok... I'm sorry... was just driving in white-out conditions, and I my keen razor-like wit
> hasn't re-entered my being yet  ;)

"...my keen razor-like wit..."

As if you ever had one.

Message has been deleted

John C TX

Jan 9, 2011, 9:15:07 PM1/9/11
On Jan 7, 4:02 pm, "yoyodog" <NOS...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "John C TX" <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:47ca2446-f86a-4547...@t35g2000yqj.googlegroups.com...
Yo, you earned your pay based on what you did at school.

Sadly they still treat you like indentured servants for 8 years ??

Beiselbub©

Jan 10, 2011, 11:17:44 AM1/10/11
On Jan 7, 10:00 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Michael... a troll is a troll is a troll.

Smarter than you = troll. I follow your reasoning.

Beiselbub©

Jan 10, 2011, 11:28:26 AM1/10/11
On Jan 7, 9:12 pm, Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:
> On Jan 7, 10:31 pm, Beiselbub© <yank_ees_s...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > since you are so knowledgeable... tell me a few newly minted
> > > architects that make 50mm when they sign their first contract... if
> > > you cant find any getting paid a few million, may be tell me a few you
> > > know of that make in the high six figures ??? ones just starting
> > > out... you'd have a hard time finding  too many novice architecst that
> > > makes low six figures.
>
> > I didn't say anything of the sort; I said you don't have a clue what
> > you are talking about, and that hasn't changed with your latest
> > screed.- Hide quoted text -

> you mean it makes you feel relevant when you insinuate yourself over

No. I don't "insinuate myself over" anyone, ever. Thanks for the
"artful" use of the word insinuate, it made me chuckle. I call you
out because you're a clueless blowhard; keep making my point for me.

Michael

Jan 10, 2011, 12:38:58 PM1/10/11
> out because you're a clueless blowhard; keep making my point for me.- Hide quoted text -

you couldn't call out fungus gnat. all of your posts are the same
crap. interjecting yourself with garbage attempts to agitate people.
keep giving yourself credit for being an iconoclast. why not go back
to the pro wrestling ng ??? that is a much more fitting place for
your ilk

Beiselbub©

Jan 10, 2011, 2:29:20 PM1/10/11
> you couldn't call out fungus gnat.  all of your posts are the same
> crap. interjecting yourself with garbage attempts to agitate people.
> keep giving yourself credit for being an iconoclast.  why not go back
> to the pro wrestling ng ???  that is a much more fitting place for
> your ilk

Pro wrestling? My ilk and I laugh at the shallow caricature. You'll
have to try blindly flinging something else at the wall, see if it
sticks. From iconoclast to pro wrestling, I'll give you credit for
casting a wide net. Perhaps a date with lithium is in your future?

This was fun, let's do it again sometime.

Michael

Jan 10, 2011, 2:48:34 PM1/10/11
> This was fun, let's do it again sometime.- Hide quoted text -

its a screed... a stark raving screeeed !!!

btw... as far as me being clueless... i turn out to be correct with
about 50 % of what i post about football... that puts me on par with
the rest of the *experts*. i post just as much quality as i do crap

New Mexico Trailer Park

Jan 10, 2011, 4:33:21 PM1/10/11
On 10 Jan 2011, Beiselbub© <yank_e...@yahoo.com> posted some

Look at the cockroach from New Mexico crawling out of his hole again.
Maybe you'll get to see pansy boy Brady get his leg broken next game.

Or better yet, another kicker might get to bail out his weak ass in the
playoffs again.

Beiselbub©

Jan 10, 2011, 6:42:10 PM1/10/11

Borrowing my words, I see.

> btw... as far as me being clueless... i turn out to be correct with
> about 50 % of what i post about football...

Based on what *possible* objective measure?

> i post just as much quality as i do crap

Well, there's no denying the latter.

Michael

Jan 10, 2011, 8:00:34 PM1/10/11

aww, shux... you got my number, trollsebub... im vexed