OT: The officials grew eyes ???

1 view

Michael

Oct 2, 2011, 2:38:18 PM10/2/11
I'm watching the Texans vs. Steelers over here... At the end of the
half, the Texans blocked a Steelers FG attempt and one of Texans ran
it back for a would-be TD. There was a block in the back that was
called against the Texans. The TD was called back and the half was
over... Incidentally, that block in the back was no where near the guy
running the ball back for the Texans... None the less... Rules are
rules...

During the Steelers vs. Cardinals super bowl game, at the end of the
half, a Pittsburg defender picked off a pass from Warner and ran it in
for a "heroic" Steelers TD. The half ended. On that Steelers TD run
back in the Superbowl, a flagrant block in the back was made against
one of the Cardinals during the TD run back. This block in the back
was an instrumental part of the play and was quite visible. Too bad
for the Cardinals the officials didn't feel like calling that sort of
thing at the time. That TD that was given to the Steelers was a
difference maker for the Steelers. Withot those points, they lose the
Superbowl.

Too bad for the Texans, only the Steelers get such great "favors" from
the officials.

Michael

Oct 2, 2011, 3:13:52 PM10/2/11
As I expected, the Steelers were going to come out after half time and
start taking over the game with help from the officials NOT calling
any holds. Number 79 on the left side of the steelets line has been
grabbing on to defenders with both hands and holding the shoulder
pads. # 66 was flipping bear hugging his guy... the Steelers are
running better because they are using their usual secret weapon....
the officials

R�vNsf�n �

Oct 2, 2011, 4:49:54 PM10/2/11
"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message
: I'm watching the Texans vs. Steelers over here... At the end of the

: half, the Texans blocked a Steelers FG attempt and one of Texans ran
: it back for a would-be TD. There was a block in the back that was
: called against the Texans. The TD was called back and the half was
: over... Incidentally, that block in the back was no where near the guy
: running the ball back for the Texans... None the less... Rules are
: rules...

Actually there was another BITB closer to the returner and performed seconds
after the first. I'm going to guess that the second may have drawn the flag.

:

--
Fortunately the Texans found it within themselves to overcome those bad
calls that were made. I'm still waiting to find out which Texans defender

I see Ward had the smile knocked off his face again <snicker>. He was going
to drop the ball anyway, ...but awesome regardless.
--
~Drew

"Talk is cheap ...lets just go play"
Johnny Unitas - Baltimore Colts