hard to see the jets go far with this offense

cd

Nov 14, 2010, 3:20:35 PM11/14/10
With this O-Line, LT seeming playing out of his mind, and with a
receiver corp of Holmes, Keller, Edwards and Cotchery, really what is
the excuse for not blowing out teams. I mean it's not Sanchez, I see
he gets knocked alot, but he makes good decisions and buys time, maybe
he's sometimes late, but the receivers never seem to be open. The
defenses always seem to be able to defend the pass, whereas the run
works when they use it. I am lost here!!

Johnny Morongo

Nov 14, 2010, 3:23:09 PM11/14/10

Welcome to the club.

Message has been deleted

cd

Nov 14, 2010, 3:38:49 PM11/14/10
On Nov 14, 3:29 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Not only that.  You're up 4 points, with 9 minutes left in the game... your're running the
> ball well... your QB injured his calf... what does Schott do - - he keeps passing.

Win or lose, we should start a echant "Fire Schotty" and extend it to
every home game. I think the Jets have lost to the brown the last two
meetings.

papa.carl44

Nov 14, 2010, 8:51:36 PM11/14/10

"cd" <cd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

cd...you are not lost, you actually see the game. I was looking at it not
even judging the results of a play or thinking of the outcome of the game,
the design of the offense is horrendous. It does not take advantage of what
the defense opens up, it is extremely predictable and on top of all of hat
they have made it very slow, and difficult to execute with all the multiple
shifts......as they are moving people all over the place, have you ever seen
the D over react? They figured it all out, and there are a couple of
patterns involved in that crap that are only ever followed by one or two
play variations. There is NO continuity to this scheme. Where was the
approach they won the game on the entire game? Schott does not trust
Sanchez one bit and he over thinks everything. I don't care what the "other
group" in here thinks...they just don't see or understand football. OMHO,
Papa Carl

Harlan Lachman

Nov 15, 2010, 8:47:36 PM11/15/10
In article <UOqdndanl_C0D33R...@giganews.com>,
"papa.carl44" <papad...@nospamverizon.net> wrote:

One more thing. In a game where scores were hard to come by, I find it
instructive that after the Browns starting corner went down, NOT ONCE,
did Shott try a real hurry up offense as a change of pace after the
success Sanchez had with it against Detroit.

And, he rarely had Sanchez intentionally throw on the move in spite of
the strange anomaly that he appears to be more accurate when doing so,
not less.

Harlan

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Harlan Lachman

Nov 16, 2010, 5:02:45 PM11/16/10
In article
<1b164b67-f83f-4c9f...@g7g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>,
John C TX <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you talking about planned roll outs or broken plays. On the roll
> outs maybe but on broken plays could that be because when they work it
> the receiver has come back to the ball or made something happen so as
> to be wide open?
>
> Michael wants him rolling out more as well. One broadcaster pointed
> out how many of his picks last year came when he threw r to l.
> --

John planned roll outs. Sorry. I don't mean we should allow guys to bust
through, smack him around and hope that that he makes them miss.

I am thick. I don't get the meaning of your last sentence in this
context? Do you mean when he is running to the right and throwing back
to the left? Or something else? Or what about running to the left and
throwing back to the right?

harlan