Do The Jets suck ?!?!?!

Michael

Sep 26, 2011, 1:29:47 PM9/26/11
They cant run the ball.
The O-Line is a disaster area.
Schotty is clueless.
Sanchez needs to grow up and stop making bad decisions.

The Jets defense has not been able to stop the run.
The Jets defense has not been elite vs. the pass.
The Jets defense in genearal does not look motivated or prepared.

Do they suck ??? Is it official ??? Do the Jets SUCK ???

Papa Carl

Sep 26, 2011, 1:57:04 PM9/26/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message
It looks like somewhere along the way they started putting all the bravado
and Rex talk first and production second. I've always felt that the O line
is the foundation of the offense, without an at least functional O line you
can't do anything. If you have good but not great guys you can develop a
scheme to work around that. But when you have guys that can't even do the
minimum you are lost. They have some guys who frequently can't even do the
minimum. I know you didn't like Faneca, but he never looked this bad at the
end of his career...and some of these guys are young. Somebody screwed up
big time I think to let this slide this badly.

The D does not look motivated...no intensity...the act like the expect to
have it go their way. Revis plays tough but they just go away from him.
They still lack a serious threat in the D line...no "force" that has to be
noticed on every down. Guys do some good things, but they also get blown
out like they aren't even there.

Consistency is what makes a winner. I'd rather have a guy who gets it done
most of the time...not spectacular but does the job and is consistent, than
someone who can "look" like a star at times, and then blows it
completely...the Jets seem to have too many of the latter right now.

Sanchez is just bad I think...his accuracy and ball control has
regressed...and he gets flustered very easily. He didn't even seem to be
going through all of his checks..or he didn't have time to.

It's bad...not what they predicted for themselves at all.

One more game like yesterday...and YES...it's official. They will not win
if they are always the team trying to come back....you have to win games you
should win.

paddy_nyr

Sep 26, 2011, 1:55:57 PM9/26/11
It was painful to watch the 'ole defense and the 'ole offensive line.

If this keeps up we will be seeing Brunell shortly.

Enough of the talk.

Julio Sanchez

Sep 26, 2011, 1:57:22 PM9/26/11
On Sep 26, 1:29 pm, Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:
No. I didn't see the game just the highlights, but it looked like the
typical
on-the-road-against-a-not-so-great-team-early-in-the-season loss. Just
a little extra lackadaisical play and you lose. Same thing happened to
the
Pats yesterday. It looked like on the McFadden run that there were at
least
3 offensive holds, but the refs were doing their let's-let-the-
underdog-win-early-in-
the-season-so-their-fans-keep-hoping-and-coming-to-the games bs
penalty
calling. The Pats got that yesterday too.

Let's move on, folks. The Pats defense really sucks though.

Julio

Michael

Sep 26, 2011, 2:19:45 PM9/26/11
On Sep 26, 1:57 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message
>
> news:73869ec8-365f-4bac...@t11g2000yqa.googlegroups.com...> They cant run the ball.
> > The O-Line is a disaster area.
> > Schotty is clueless.
> > Sanchez needs to grow up and stop making bad decisions.
>
> > The Jets defense has not been able to stop the run.
> > The Jets defense has not been elite vs. the pass.
> > The Jets defense in genearal does not look motivated or prepared.
>
> > Do they suck ??? Is it official ??? Do the Jets SUCK ???
>
> ___________________________________________________________________________­__
My feeling is that their offense DOES SUCK PERIOD. The defense did
not show up to play, and I'm sure they feel like idiots now and got an
ear full from the cs. The defense will bounce back. They have a
solid roster on defense and Rex can make a game of it when he comes
back down to Earth. Not the case with the offense. Their o-line
sucks, hence, their ENTIRE offense SUCKS. IMHO, the Ducasse pick
really put them up a creek. They banked on that guy working out. They
also banked on Hunter playing well. He obviously SUCKS. There is no
way that this offense is going to do anything consistently. Too bad
they cant play the Jags every week, or rely on Romo to hand them a
game that they lost on the field. Schotty SUCKS, the line SUCKS,
Sanchez though talanted cant get it into his thick skull that the QB
(HIM) can lose a game with a single stroke of bad judgement. Thier
offense is really in a bad position. They cant run the ball AT ALL
and Sanchez is not currently the guy that can make up for that.

Deadmeat

Sep 26, 2011, 2:28:32 PM9/26/11

Boo Hoo!

How would you like to be a Dolphin fan right now?

These idiots get the ball on the Browns 45, and can't move an inch to
get into FG range.

I think we need to go after Ryans brother.

Randall Turner

Sep 26, 2011, 2:50:22 PM9/26/11
No.

Like I said in another thread, there's some overreaction by the fans
and press because of unrealistic expectations.

I don't really know your team very well. But, I know the Raiders
backwards and forwards. With them, you have to stop the 1st down runs
for three yards or less, and if you do that consistently, you'll win.
Pressure, coverage, everything else, neh - doesn't matter. As long as
they don't have success running on early downs and influence you into
bringing your safeties up, you're okay. A vanilla pass defense will
manage.

But, you guys just didn't match up well. You're tailored to stop the
pass. That's reasonable for the modern NFL, accepted philosophy is
professional defenses are fast enough that a rushing attack won't win
games, you need to do it through the air.

But, the Raiders are an anomaly. And they're also good, a lot better
than the national press gives them credit for - again, they're
probably an 11-5 team.

Watch what happens the next two weeks. The Patriots have a problem
generating pressure. Their defensive front seven is stout, but not
mobile enough to consistently penetrate and disrupt passing teams.
This will work to their advantage vs. the Raiders - their D-line stays
at home and takes up space anyway, just what they want. They'll
absolutely crush the Raiders.

Then, though, the week after the Texans (who both depend more on their
running attack and have a defense geared towards stopping Manning-
esque offenses) are going to get "upset" by the Raiders. The Texans
aren't bad - but their strengths mis-match with the Raiders', just
like you guys. Doesn't mean they suck. <shrug>

We have the same problem with the Raiders, by the way, which was why I
was hoping your dudes would help us out.

Michael

Sep 26, 2011, 2:53:31 PM9/26/11
That would be fun. Ryan bowl twice a year. Even if both teams suck,
all the talk leading up to the games will be entertaining.

RävNsfän ®

Sep 26, 2011, 5:19:41 PM9/26/11
"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message
: They cant run the ball.
As you know Mike nothing puts fire in the heart like a rivalry. If your Jets
can't get up for Rex then you may have your answer. It is still only going
on week 4 and a lot of settling in will transpire prior to week 6.

Since the Ravens were wasted by the Titans in week two after hammering the
Steelers in week one, I can't wish you luck, ...you understand ; )
--
~Drew

"Talk is cheap ...lets just go play"
Johnny Unitas - Baltimore Colts

Papa Carl

Sep 26, 2011, 8:40:18 PM9/26/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message
Instead of playing a football game though...you could just have them come
out to mid field and Summo Wrestle..
Imagine them in one of those outfits?

Señor Patriots

Sep 26, 2011, 9:53:26 PM9/26/11
On Sep 26, 12:57 pm, Julio Sanchez <hoolio3sanc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Let's move on, folks. The Pats defense really sucks though.

I wish I could find a good point to argue. The Pats' defense is not
happening as planned.

In their favor they were missing several key people in Buffalo.
Giving up guys like Haynesworth, Chung and others is not that easy to
do when you actually need them.

But they'll be back.

Señor Patriots

Sep 26, 2011, 10:00:28 PM9/26/11

Well, I'd be surprised if your team can't figure out how to also
attack that secondary if the run doesn't work.

I like the matchup against Campbell in general, but truthfully, the
Pats' pass defense doesn't seem to be able to stop anybody. Like
nobody. The best they can do is pick a couple. They aren't bad that
way but it does mean big yardage given up, lots of time on the field,
and allowing Campbell to find a rhythm. Too much can go wrong when
your defense is on the field so much.

Equally interesting will be how the Pats run against your front
seven. Not well, I would guess, but it's an interesting matchup,
especially with Richard in there next to Kelly. Wanna bet Woodhead
doesn't run between the tackles?

Randall Turner

Sep 27, 2011, 12:21:29 AM9/27/11
> doesn't run between the tackles?- Hide quoted text -

Dude, I'm not a Raider fan. I'm a Charger fan. Actually, next week
will be the only week this year where I'm also a Patriots fan.

And your Oline/RB's don't need to be able to run against the Raiders,
you just need to give Brady time. Limit the Oakland running attack to
something reasonable and you'll win. They can't score with you all in
a shootout.

Papa Carl

Sep 27, 2011, 1:54:31 AM9/27/11

"Randall Turner" <randall...@att.net> wrote in message

Exactly....good analysis...and that is exactly what the Jets needed to
do...outscore them. It seems a lot of people have forgotten that outscoring
your opponent is actually the intent of the game...even if it is a
shootout...you need to outscore them.

oldn...@mindspring.com

Sep 27, 2011, 5:39:07 AM9/27/11
No they don't suck. They are 2-1. The 0-3 teams are on the road to Sucktown.

There is a middle reality: The Jets aren't world-beaters, and they don't suck. They are pretty good.

These are the same players who beat the Pats two-of-three last year, and cleaned their clock in the playoffs. The Jets are a good team. That's all, just good. Which is the most pretty much anybody is.

It's not good for the economy for football fans to be bipolar, on the road to the SB Saturday and slashing wrists Monday.

If Steelers and Cowboys fans committed suicide after week 1, and Ravens fans did after week 2, and Eagles and Falcons fans were doing it now, there wouldn't be enough people left to pay for Social Security.

Michael

Sep 27, 2011, 10:24:44 AM9/27/11
On Sep 27, 1:54 am, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "Randall Turner" <randall.tur...@att.net> wrote in message
> shootout...you need to outscore them.- Hide quoted text -

"a lot of people" did not forget obout trying to outscore the
opponent... schotty forgot about it when he took green out of the
game, sanchez forgets about it when he gives the ball away, and the hc
forgets about it the way he gushes over his defense and treats the
concept of offensive production as an afterthought. or... perhaps...
he simply has no real confidence in his qb because he gives footballs
away like candy as a result of being poorly developed and poorly
coached.

RävNsfän ®

Sep 27, 2011, 12:06:45 PM9/27/11
Michael <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in news:73869ec8-365f-4bac-a2d0-
ae6825...@t11g2000yqa.googlegroups.com:
Yes it's official, the Jest suck and their fans swallow!

oldn...@mindspring.com

Sep 27, 2011, 4:07:55 PM9/27/11
On Tuesday, September 27, 2011 10:24:44 AM UTC-4, Michael wrote:
> On Sep 27, 1:54 am, "Papa Carl"
> wrote:
> > "Randall Turner" <randall...@att.net> wrote in message

> > On Sep 26, 9:00 pm, Se or Patriots <roam...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >

> > > On Sep 26, 1:50 pm, Randall Turner <randall...@att.net> wrote:
Though the guys on defense apparently did.

They forgot that "trying to outscore the oopponent" is 50% the defense trying to restrain the other team's scoring.

A lot of people around here seem to have forgotten that too.

The D giving up 34 points (none on turnovers from the O) helps "outscore the opponent" just as much as the offense scoring only 12.

And the O scored 24. Oh, but it is *always* the O's fault around here, definitionally, so it is O's fault! QED.

And that is all we will ever, ever, ever, want to talk about.

"It wasn’t our offense. Our defense let us down, clearly."
-- Rex Ryan.

I'm telling ya', you have a problem with Rex.

And you're running from it. You don't want to admit it.

> schotty forgot about it when he took green out of the
> game,

You guys go on about Greene like his is Jim Brown, with his magnificent 3.3 yards per carry. Plus a fumble in this game that was very luckily wiped out by a penalty. Forgot that already?

Sad news is, he's not even Jim Brown's second cousin, thrice removed.

> sanchez forgets about it when he gives the ball away, and the hc
> forgets about it the way he gushes over his defense and treats the
> concept of offensive production as an afterthought. or... perhaps...
> he simply has no real confidence in his qb because he gives footballs
> away like candy as a result of being poorly developed and poorly
> coached.

Sanchez is coming along nicely this year. Solid improvement over this time last year, in all ways (knock on wood).

He's even way up at #12 on the passer rating list -- after spending his entire prior career at #28!

It's really interesting how this most important positive development for the entire franchise -- and most eagerly waited for, until now -- goes suddenly ignored and denigrated when it might indicate something short of abject failure on the part of the O coaching.

We *need* Sanchez to keep sucking, eh?

Some kind of Jets fan that makes you. :-(

Michael

Sep 27, 2011, 4:32:11 PM9/27/11
> Some kind of Jets fan that makes you. :-(- Hide quoted text -

he is in the 60 %'s for once, but he still locks on to his primary,
holds the ball too long, misses open receivers, has a hard time seing
the defense post snap and appears to be overly excited with the ball
instead of cool, collected and discerning in going throgh his read and
progression. he is still making bad decisions. he threw away points
last week that would probably have given them a win.

oldn...@mindspring.com

Sep 27, 2011, 4:32:01 PM9/27/11
On Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:54:31 AM UTC-4, Papa Carl wrote:
> "Randall Turner" <randall...@att.net> wrote in message
> On Sep 26, 9:00 pm, Se�or Patriots <roam...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On Sep 26, 1:50 pm, Randall Turner <randall...@att.net> wrote:
Give Brady time???

>...outscore them.

BTW, how did poor D giving up a peck of points leading to Brady hurling the ball to outscore them work out for Brady this week?

> It seems a lot of people have forgotten that outscoring
> your opponent is actually the intent of the game

Yup, those people starting with the defense and the defense apologists who say no matter how bad the D plays the #1 reason for a loss *must* be the offense, because it should always be able to score 106 points if the D gives up 105. And if it doesn't, it's *not trying*!!

You know, those people who forget that "outscoring your opponent" is 50% restraining the other team from scoring.

Fortunately, the team still has a reality-based HC with a good memory, who when the defense fails and blows a game can say right out loud, "It wasn’t our offense. Our defense let us down, clearly."

So there is every chance this can be straightend out.

Hey, the Raiders weren't the only team to score 34 this week, so did the Bills.

How did that work out for the Pats? Why didn't the Pats just outscore them?

Are you saying Belichick has forgotten that outscoring your opponent is the intent of the game?

eric

Sep 27, 2011, 5:26:33 PM9/27/11
On Sep 27, 4:32 pm, oldna...@mindspring.com wrote:

> Give Brady time???
>
> >...outscore them.
>
> BTW, how did poor D giving up a peck of points leading to Brady hurling the ball to outscore them work out for Brady this week?

The Buffalo game was an aberration for several reasons:

1. Trap game.
2. Brady throws 4 picks once every 6 years or so.
3. First time in 7 years Pats lost to Bills.
4. Several key players out.

Papa Carl

Sep 27, 2011, 7:50:07 PM9/27/11

<oldn...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
On Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:54:31 AM UTC-4, Papa Carl wrote:
> "Randall Turner" <randall...@att.net> wrote in message
Uhhhh...me thinks the comment was about you...BB doesn't need any help or
statistics...I think he has a good handle on how to play the game and what
wins.

JetsLife

Sep 27, 2011, 8:31:17 PM9/27/11
You are what you record says you are.