Jets - Raiders prediction

Michael

Sep 21, 2011, 9:59:21 PM9/21/11
The past few days I have read a number of *expert* commentators giving
their reasons why the Raiders will beat the Jets. I just watched the
Raiders-Bills replay on the NFL network. Given what I saw... There is
little to no chance that the Raiders will put up more than 17 points
on the Jets defense. Even an average defense can make the Jets
offense look bad at times, so I'll say that if the Jets offense can
manage 17 + points, the Raiders have little to no chance at beating
the Jets.

Papa Carl

Sep 21, 2011, 10:15:40 PM9/21/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

You realize that can be a MOUNTAIN for that offense to climb?

Michael

Sep 21, 2011, 10:25:59 PM9/21/11
On Sep 21, 10:15 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message
i was thinking that the jet defense and return teams would score 14 of
the 17 points they will need.

Papa Carl

Sep 21, 2011, 11:11:14 PM9/21/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message
OK..now I understand....at least 7 on D. :-)

Señor Patriots

Sep 22, 2011, 12:35:17 AM9/22/11
I doubt that most analysts will pick the Raiders. The Jets are
expected to win that game. If the Raiders use it to have a gut check
then you may find your team behind the eight ball. Doesn't matter
what the records are or what superstars you have on defense if the
Raiders want it more than your team.

I really do look at it that way for the Patriots even against Buffalo,
who they've owned since 2003. Throw all that shit out the window.
Play the game at a high level or you fly home losers.

Michael

Sep 22, 2011, 10:58:19 AM9/22/11
I'm am finding the opposite as far as *expert predictions*. Most every
sports radio show or web site that I listen to has had commentators
picking the Raiders over the Jets. "The Raiders are the real deal" is
what I am hearing. The *experts* cite the size of the Riders
defensive line and the poor condition of the Jets offensive line. They
also cite the speed of the Raiders offensive skill positions and the
Raiders ability to do a good job running the ball. See below

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/schrager-nfl-cheat-sheet-week-3-092011

See ???

I'm going to pass on what the Jets offense can and cant do vs. the
Raiders defense. I'll say that if the Raiders show up to play the
Jets with the same offensive scheme that they showed vs the Bills, all
the Jets need to do is find a way to score 17 or more points on the
Raiders in order to win the game.

The Raiders offense that I saw was an archaic tailback based offense
that relies on speed from the flankers. Unless they have a whole new
offense to unveil, they wont do a thing vs. the Jets defense. The
Jets will flatten their outside pass routs with ease. Not to mention
the Radiers running game will be totally nullified. The Jets front
seven is playing against the run as well as I have ever seen it.
Devito, Pouha and Wilkerson are very good together and the Jet LB's
have been astounding.

Again... I wont guarantee that the Jets offense can score 17 + points
on any pro team right now, but no way will the Raiders score more
than 17 against the Jets with that offense. It is tailor made to
wiped out by the Jets defense.

Harlan Lachman

Sep 22, 2011, 2:56:41 PM9/22/11
In article
<0327fca8-c351-4d4f...@n5g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
Michael <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote:

> http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

I was surprised by the picks on ESPN. Worse, look at the records of
those who picked the Jets versus those who picked the Raiduhs. Could
make one nauseous.

Harlan

Michael

Sep 22, 2011, 3:46:54 PM9/22/11
On Sep 22, 2:56 pm, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article
> <0327fca8-c351-4d4f-b880-42b9d848c...@n5g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
>
>  Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:
> >http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks
>
> I was surprised by the picks on ESPN. Worse, look at the records of
> those who picked the Jets versus those who picked the Raiduhs. Could
> make one nauseous.
>
> Harlan

the guy that matters (besides me) is jaworski... he's got the biggest
football brain out of that bunch and actually watches the games and
comes up with his own evaluation... most of the others there are
parrots and band wagon guyz

Randall Turner

Sep 23, 2011, 8:50:55 AM9/23/11
Charger fan here.

I sure hope you guys can beat the Raiders this weekend, but I think
the oddmakers have it right, it'll be close. I'm nervous about the
Raiders' physicality. I doubt Sanchez will have much time to go
through his receiver progression, and I'm not copacetic about the
Jets' ability to run the ball against that stout Raiders defensive
front either.

The thing that gives me hope is that the Raiders should also have
trouble scoring against you all.

Overall, though, it looks to be about a tossup. About what the experts
are expecting. Hopefully the Raiders will shoot themselves in the
foot, but I'd have more confidence in that if it were a home game for
your guys.

I think the Raiders are our main competition for the division, and we
don't match up well against them. A game's worth of breathing space
would be appreciated. Good luck.

Tutor

Sep 23, 2011, 4:10:25 PM9/23/11
On Sep 22, 12:35 am, Señor Patriots <roamin...@yahoo.com> wrote:
the\y are almost all going Raiduhs. At least the morons on Inside the
NFL all picked the Jets. Lots of Haters out there. You'd think they
were regs in this group or something. :- O

Harlan Lachman

Sep 23, 2011, 5:13:46 PM9/23/11
In article
<c7030955-bf9c-40b4...@i5g2000vbw.googlegroups.com>,
OTOH, if we cannot beat the hated Raiders, our SB aspirations are likely
ended and I can return to worrying about important worries.

We should kick their butts if only for old farts' sake.

Harlan