Sanchez or Bust

JetsLife

Mar 19, 2011, 3:32:20 AM3/19/11
As I just wrote in another thread, I'll take him over any other QB.

He is a winner and a great Jet.

I wouldn't trade him for any other QB and their entire draft. I'd
rather have someone who has walked in as a rookie and led us to near
great heights.

In Rexus I Trustus.

JKConey

Mar 19, 2011, 1:18:45 PM3/19/11

"JetsLife" <Jets...@aol.com> wrote in message

He's a 50% passer and near the bottom of the bunch. Let's hope he gets
better.

--

www.myconeyislandmemories.com

Ritchie

Mar 19, 2011, 1:55:31 PM3/19/11

I think you're living on fantasy Island. He has shown signs of what
could be but, more of what he cant be.

JKConey

Mar 20, 2011, 11:51:30 PM3/20/11

"Ritchie" <ritch...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I'll go one better. If the Jets had any one of the top 10 QB's they win
14 games and win it all.

--

www.myconeyislandmemories.com

Harlan Lachman

Mar 21, 2011, 2:14:20 PM3/21/11
In article <im6i02$tsb$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
"JKConey" <jkc...@verizon.net> wrote:

With Rex/Shott and a suspect D, I think you are wrong.

We did not lose the second Steelers D because our D was so solid. Any QB
with this offense might fare as poorly.

harlan

JetsLife

Mar 23, 2011, 4:25:32 PM3/23/11
On Mar 19, 1:18 pm, "JKConey" <jkco...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "JetsLife" <JetsL...@aol.com> wrote in message

Indeed. But he has thus far proven to be an above-average winner
which, ultimately, is the only stat that matters.

19-12 in the regular season, 4-2 in the playoffs.

He is tied with Roger Staubach, Jake Delhomme and Joe Flacco for the
most road playoff wins by a QB in NFL history. Unfortunately he's 0-2
in championship games: that's not good.

Stats often don't tell the entire story. They ain't playing fantasy
football out there. What did Brady's off-the-charts stats last year do
for him v. the Jets in the playoffs, or v. the Giants several years
ago? Zilcho, squadoosh.

QB is about playing well enough, and well enough in the clutch, to
lead your team to victory.

Winning is the only stat that ultimately matters.

Grinch

Mar 31, 2011, 5:01:29 AM3/31/11
On Mar 23, 4:25 pm, JetsLife <JetsL...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Mar 19, 1:18 pm, "JKConey" <jkco...@verizon.net> wrote:
>

> > "JetsLife" <JetsL...@aol.com> wrote in message

> > > As I just wrote in another thread, I'll take him over any other QB.
>
> > > He is a winner and a great Jet.
>
> > > I wouldn't trade him for any other QB and their entire draft. I'd
> > > rather have someone who has walked in as a rookie and led us to near
> > > great heights.
>
> > > In Rexus I Trustus.
>
> >     He's a 50% passer and near the bottom of the bunch. Let's hope he gets
> > better.
>
> > --
>
> >www.myconeyislandmemories.com
>
> Indeed. But he has thus far proven to be an above-average winner
> which, ultimately, is the only stat that matters.
>
> 19-12 in the regular season, 4-2 in the playoffs.

Dude, tennis is played "singles". Football is a team game.

Just curious, give the percentage of the 19 and 4 wins that you
attribute to Sanchez, and the percentage that you attribute to all the
other players on the team.

> QB is about playing well enough, and well enough in the clutch, to
lead your team to victory.

Or, alternatively, not being *so* bad that the other 52 players can't
carry the team to a winning record anyhow.

JetsLife

Apr 6, 2011, 1:05:48 PM4/6/11
> carry the team to a winning record anyhow.- Hide quoted text -

Yes, it's a team game. I didn't say he won those games single-
handedly, just that that's his record as a starter, as is done
commonly. That won-loss record applies to the rest of the players who
started those games as well.

Without looking at each game I can't say specifically what percentage
I attribute 19 and 4 wins to Sanchez and/or the other players. As
discussed it's a team game, so I'll simply attribute those wins to the
entire team.

Clearly Sanchez was putrid at times his rookie season, and the team
won various games in spite of his performance. But he performed well
enough to contribute to some wins including the 3-0 start. While far
from perfect, last season he was considerably less a liability,
cutting way back on INTs and upping his TDs. His completion percentage
remained horrendous.

It's clear Sanchez has been below average in most statistical
categories, and the prime culprit in assorted losses during his Jets
tenure. But he has also been a real asset in various victories,
including in some big games. All in all two years in, a positive
beginning to his career. Rex has said several times one day he's going
to be viewed as the strength of the team. May it be so.